Do polls work?

Do polls work?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do polls work?

• Yes
    • No
    • They may for somebody, but I can't tell from looking at this thread.

Wondering about this.  Do they look different to thread creators?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

As in functionality-wise, they appear to work.

If someone submits a vote, then the poll updates to show.

GBSnj3N.jpg

Never having created a poll, not sure how they appear to the creator.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

They appear essentially the same to me.  But I looked at a post with an attached poll that said it had 49 votes, but none registered in the bars above.  This one seems to work for all. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

They appear essentially the same to me.  But I looked at a post with an attached poll that said it had 49 votes, but none registered in the bars above.  This one seems to work for all. 

When we switched from SMF to IPB, all the votes in preexisting polls got lost. I imagine that's the issue here.

• Like 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

14 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I'm still noticing that several Polls have no results for me, despite plenty of votes having been registered.  Is this something that is likely to be repaired?

Old polls from before the forum change or new polls post change? 

If it's old polls, see GM Widower's post above. 

New polls can show the results via the 'Show Results' button. Also the results show automatically when the poll is closed. The OP of the poll has to close it if a close time/date hasn't been set. 

Edited by Alty

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club