Pylon Damage Thread

Project_X

First try on my Fire/Elec Blaster, 4 min exactly.  Which works out to 287 DPS.  Which is pathetic, considering this is a Blaster, damage is supposed to be our thing.  I need to get Lightning Field back at least.

Is your Blaster optimized for single target damage though? Since it's fire it would make sense if the AoE attacks were given priority.

Blaze, Shocking Grasp, and Charged Brawl have really good ST DPS, and I have them all at ED-cap recharge, with perma-Hasten.  On live, I think it was the best ST damage you could get on a Blaster, I'm not sure about the homebrew sets.  Fire breath, Fire Ball and Inferno are also at the ED cap for recharge, so I'm not sacrificing any AoE to get it, because Rain of Fire sucks.  The only thing I'm missing is Lightning Field, and I'm kinda concerned about the end cost.

Granted, I don't have a proper attack chain figured out; Blaze > Shocking Grasp > Charged Brawl > Flares has a wee gap while waiting for Shocking Grasp to recharge, so my attack chain is "whichever of Blaze, Shocking Grasp and Charged Brawl is up, in that order, Flares if none of them are, Aim or Build Up when they're up, Force of Thunder when it's blinking."  Which is probably not optimal.

So I ran it twice with my Dual Blades/Radiation Armor/Pyre Mastery Scrapper and I was disappointed.

My Scrapper has the T4 Agility Core Paragon Alpha, T4 Assault Core Hybrid, T4 Reactive Core Flawless Interface. She also has Chance to Build Up and the +50% Crit Chance ATO slotted into Blinding Feint and Achilles' Heel -Res in Beta Decay.

So for the first run, I didn't use Meltdown (+41% Damage), the Hybrid toggle, or Melt Armor (which has another Achilles' Heel proc)

Time: 06:55 (415 Seconds)

DPS: 220.2

Second run I was using Meltdown (got to use it twice), the Hybrid toggle (destroyed the pylon while on the second click), and Melt Armor on recharge (the proc was going off 100%)

Time: 05:00 (300 Seconds)

DPS: 255.6

Both times, the chain was Blinding Feint + Attack Vitals combo (sadly I do not have the recharge for the optimal Blinding Feint + Ablative Strike + Sweeping Strike + Ablative Strike chain).

First try on my Fire/Elec Blaster, 4 min exactly.  Which works out to 287 DPS.  Which is pathetic, considering this is a Blaster, damage is supposed to be our thing.  I need to get Lightning Field back at least.

Were you using Hybrid?  That does seem a bit low if you were, my Fire/Bio Sentinel comes out to 251 without hybrid running, and that's on a build that's made for defense rather than offense.  Maybe work on the attack chain or integrate some -res stuff?  I put a proc in my nuke.  Someone had the idea of putting a proc in fireball to get more -res, gonna try that next time I respec.

Beta Server (Justin)

Titan Weapon/Bio Armor Scrapper (carbon copy of my live character from page 3, except with the following changes; basically upgrading my T3's to T4's)

T4 Musculature Core Paragon

T4 Reactive Radial Flawless Interface

T4 Ageless Core Epiphany (purely for endurance; I have enough recharge already to run my optimal rotation)

T4 Assault Radial Embodiment (I did not use the clicky/toggle on any tests; just the passive damage bonus. My times would most likely be substantially better, on average, if I used the clicky. The old testing modal had separate times announced for with hybrid toggle vs. without hybrid toggle)

Offensive Adaptation; needed to turn off Tough.

No outside buffs, no recovery serum, no inspirations. Strictly just what my character has.

Round 2, this time on the beta server so I could have more flexibility in moving slots. I took the two slots out of my DNA siphon (which I normally slot healing IOs for general content) and put 1 recharge into my Build Momentum and 1 -res proc into my Water Spout. I killed about a dozen pylons; here are my times listed from worst to best for each (with and without waterspout listed):

How I started every attempt: Hasten + Ageless (prepull stage) - Begin timer as soon as I hit Build Momentum/or cast Water Spout

Attempts with Water Spout

1:30 = 553.854 DPS

1:26 = 573.670 DPS

1:22 = 595.419 DPS

1:22 = 595.419 DPS

1:13 = 653.069 DPS

Attempts without Water Spout

1:35 = 531.430 DPS

1:35 = 531.430 DPS

1:29 = 558.641 DPS

1:27 = 568.545 DPS

1:25 = 578.915 DPS

1:20 = 607.109 DPS

1:03 = 736.443 DPS

1:03 = 736.443 DPS

Other notes: In case people are wondering how those 1:03's occurred, the common pattern for those times is that RNGesus blessed me and I did not whiff (or no more than once) any of my non-momentum swings (i.e. usually rend armor or arc to initiate momentum) on those. On most of my other runs, I usually whiffed anywhere from 1 - 3 or so of those "initiators", which definitely cut into my times.

Rotation: Rend Armor (activate momentum) - Follow Through - Arc of Destruction - Crushing Blow - Follow Through.

During Build Momentum: prioritize Follow Through - Rend Armor - Arc of Destruction - Crushing Blow.

Looks like the mean on each condition is about the same - moving Water Spout from ‘DPS Increase’ to ‘Not going to hurt you, use if you like it’.

Thats cool.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I have the Melee hybrid, for helping me not die.  High level enemies really want to make me die.  The only place I can easily put a -res proc is Lightning Field, which I currently don't have.

You should be able to drop one into your fireball: annihilation, chance for -res debuff.  You can stick fury of the gladiator in Inferno too if it's not six slotted for one of the defense types. 

So, thanks to this work:

Bio Armor>Fire Armor for Plus-DPS

Bio Armor != Saving Sentinel DPS

Thank you for your efforts.

This is probably accurate, but I don't think 10:45 is the ceiling here.

My fire/rad sentinel is at ~215 DPS (7:16), on one try starting when Hybrid was on CD.

Attack chain Blaze -> Flares -> Blazing -> Flares, Aim with Gaussian BU + Inferno with Arma Fire and Fury -RES.

Setup: Hybrid T4 (doublehit), Reactive T4 (-75% res, -25% dot), Cardiac T4

Given that Meltdown < Offensive, I'd expect a Fire/Bio to push this time down. End management being a nonissue, you could likely include Fireball in your attack chain with an additional -RES proc too!

Edit: crafted T4 Degen (-75% maxHp, -25% dot) on the aforementioned fire/rad sentinel, and gave it another go. 5:20, ~247 DPS.

Hybrid was ready right away, so, this might account for more difference than Degen vs Reactive. Or, it could be luck.

it was well established in the old pylon thread before shutdown that Degen was the way to go for tough targets like this as it has a direct impact on the targets regen rate.

You all know that, thanks to this thread, we're gonna be seeing Titan and Bio builds -everywhere-.

Just sayin.

:)

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Eh, people can play whatever they want. For me, I moved on after playing it for a bit because I wanted to branch out; it's undeniably strong, but CoH is more than just having the most soul-crushing damage dealing capability.

But I like the numbers-exercise portion of it.

Eh, people can play whatever they want. For me, I moved on after playing it for a bit because I wanted to branch out; it's undeniably strong, but CoH is more than just having the most soul-crushing damage dealing capability.

Mines.. kinda stalled?  I love the throughput, I love the 'OMGWTFBBQ'.  But shes so much -work- to play.  I think stacking two micro-intensive sets may have been a bridge too far for me.

So now I'm leveling an SR/Claws tank with no hasten (PB on auto, nothing else to manage but HP), and an Energy Melee/Energy Aura/Energy Mastery Brute (Not cause good, just cause fun)

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Cleared a pylon in 40s last night, so that’s by 985 dps?

Thats quite a number!

AT?  Powersets?  Incarnate Powers, and which if any active?

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Mines.. kinda stalled?  I love the throughput, I love the 'OMGWTFBBQ'.  But shes so much -work- to play.  I think stacking two micro-intensive sets may have been a bridge too far for me.

So now I'm leveling an SR/Claws tank with no hasten (PB on auto, nothing else to manage but HP), and an Energy Melee/Energy Aura/Energy Mastery Brute (Not cause good, just cause fun)

Is it though?

I mean sure the tw bio build is only softcapped in defensive but honestly I found it had no issue melting av just chilling in efficient the entire time. You have three heals if you will that come up pretty quick on that build.

Is it though?

I mean sure the tw bio build is only softcapped in defensive but honestly I found it had no issue melting av just chilling in efficient the entire time. You have three heals if you will that come up pretty quick on that build.

I havent gotten my TW/Bio to IOs and Incarnates yet - maybe it will be different then.  In my 30s, Im very much struggling to find fun, no matter how powerful.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Titan Weapon is not a leveling-friendly set, in general. TW/Bio is very much a late-blooming set, and I would not recommend it for people with just a casual interest in melee and/or if they don't love the concept.

I always preface this because even though it puts out world-crushing DPS, CoH does NOT need that DPS to be able to complete virtually the content in an efficient manner; CoH content hits relatively early ceilings in difficulty for most areas.

Hence why I emphasize, even as a hard min-maxxer, that people play what they enjoy. If they are interested in the numbers portion, then we can certainly talk about that.

Very much.  Im about to hit 38 and the Bioarmor Capstone.. so we will see at 40, and then again at 50 with IOs.

That said, theres 'doesnt level easy' and then theirs 'really only comes together once fully slotted with IOs', and Im starting to think that TW/Bio is the later.  Which might make sense, given the obscense performance of damage+resilience - the developers stated they dont/wont/cant balance past SOs, and Id anticipate in an SO only world, TW/Bio would be far, far, far less than it is now.

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Fire/rad troller, 198 seconds (3:18) for ~320dps

That was with no lore pets, and kept getting knocked back every so often

With lore pets and break frees- 70 seconds (1:10) for ~675dps

So yeah, lore pets do a LOT of dps, that was with longbow

you probably used lingering radiation too ?

I mean, it's within my powerset and I use it on AVs as well, so yeah

can you try without it, so we can have an idea of the effectiveness of -500% regen debuff ? (not sure how it works on Objects like pylon, only 1/6th of its value like GM ?)

It's probably going to cut the DPS by roughly 127.8 as that's the regen rate of a pylon and they don't have any -Regen resistance AFAIK.

Doesn't Regen have a floor of 25%? So you should only be able to debuff its Resistance by 75% (Incidentally, I think this is how much Lingering Radiation debuffs a level 50 even-level AV). So, if I'm right, LR is worth about 96 DPS (when it hits) to a Pylon, and about 74 to an AV.

Fire/rad troller, 198 seconds (3:18) for ~320dps

That was with no lore pets, and kept getting knocked back every so often

With lore pets and break frees- 70 seconds (1:10) for ~675dps

So yeah, lore pets do a LOT of dps, that was with longbow

you probably used lingering radiation too ?

I mean, it's within my powerset and I use it on AVs as well, so yeah

can you try without it, so we can have an idea of the effectiveness of -500% regen debuff ? (not sure how it works on Objects like pylon, only 1/6th of its value like GM ?)

It's probably going to cut the DPS by roughly 127.8 as that's the regen rate of a pylon and they don't have any -Regen resistance AFAIK.

Doesn't Regen have a floor of 25%? So you should only be able to debuff its Resistance by 75% (Incidentally, I think this is how much Lingering Radiation debuffs a level 50 even-level AV). So, if I'm right, LR is worth about 96 DPS (when it hits) to a Pylon, and about 74 to an AV.

-500% regen = -50% actual regen rate. it's similar to how cc resistances work.

So, using my live build concept Savage/Regen Scrapper using 35 IOs for examplaring (I didn't know about Attuneds >.>) with no purples, ATOs, only PvP is a Pancea, and built for hybrid ST/AoE, using a chain of Savage > Maiming > Vicious > Savage > Maiming...

Using T1 Hybrid Assault passive only, T3 Spiritual Partial Radial, and T2 Reactive Radial and I get 188.97 DPS

Adding the Hybrid active, T2 Pyronic Core, and T2 Storm Elemental (one of which died about a minute in), I get 217.82 DPS.

Not impressive, but not bad I suppose since I don't have a single-target optimized build, let alone an optimized build for my own goals, or T4 Incarnates yet.  If I find the time, I might reroll on Justin to try things maxed out, more optimized, and more ST focused.  And would be a good test to see if Hemmorage is worth using or not without having to respec or second build.  Either way, there's a loooot of room for improvement here.

I had my Fire/EM blaster up to 1:54 time which comes out to 458 DPS.  It isn't built strictly for pylons or anything like that but an all around PvE Build that is softcapped to just about everything defensively.

The reason you will generally see times beating blasters is the amount of -res some of these sets can stack.  A TW/Bio/Pyre can get -10% from TW, -10% from Bio, -10% from Pyre, -20% from Achilles and -20% from fury of the gladiator.  70% resistance debuff, largely weaved into an attack chain is just nutty.  Combine that with proper slotting of the critical strikes ATO and nothing is going to get close.   

Beta Server (Justin)

Savage Melee/Bio Armor Stalker (concept build after running numbers on savage melee and theorizing what it could do)

T4 Musculature Core Paragon

T4 Reactive Radial Flawless Interface

T4 Ageless Core Epiphany

T4 Assault Radial Embodiment (I did not use the clicky/toggle on any tests; just the passive damage bonus)

Offensive Adaptation

No outside buffs, no recovery serum, no inspirations. Strictly just what my character has.

Savage melee is a bit of an enigma. I did some careful testing to figure out the numbers, particularly on hemorrhage and rending flurry (as well as savage leap), and decided to see how this character could do on pylon testing.

How I started every attempt: Hasten + Ageless (prepull stage) - Begin timer as soon as I hit Build-Up.

Attempts with 1st rotation (Assassin's Frenzy - Hemorrhage - Savage Strike - Maiming Slash - Savage Strike - repeat)

2:28 = 386.89 DPS

2:21 = 399.75 DPS

Attempts with 2nd rotation (Assassin's Frenzy - Hemorrhage - Maiming Slash - Savage Strike - repeat; ageless makes this rotation possible but you could build a set to do this rotation if you had the correct secondary)

1:45 = 492.99 DPS

2:06 = 432.13 DPS

2:11 = 420.51 DPS

1:52 = 455.17 DPS

2:12 = 423.26 DPS

What is particularly impressive is that this rotation has no -res procs built into its attacks (just the -res from reactive interface). This is its pure, raw damage output for the most part.

Overall this is a pretty damn strong set with some good endurance efficiency + solid AOE to boot.