1m45s

1m30s

1m22s

1m40s

1m32s

1m35s

1m22s

1m40s

weird variance. mostly related to how a missed eagle kick will screw you over and rng gods hating you at times.

it's a pretty wack build with like 28% defense but it's pretty funny. still not really "great" but it's passable enough, like BS.

procs, bio and crit snipe do a lot to really carry the dead weight on the set.

video:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ston said:

Kat/Bio/Zapp Scrapper - Averaged around 1:20 with hybrid off, 1:10 with hybrid active. 

Record my two best runs with hybrid off/active (1:15 & 1:05)

I'm amazed you only hit the keys once each time and never button mash. 

Edited by Pzn

1 hour ago, Pzn said:

I'm amazed you only hit the keys once each time and never button mash. 

Hehe thanks for noticing! I definitely button mash when doing normal content... but I guess on pylon tests it helps me keep track of my attack chain if I only hit each key once ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Ston

lol I remember someone seriously said Katana is a bad set and weak. I'm averaging under 2 minutes with sets that aren't Bio/Stone and @Ston is posting realistic averages of Kat/Bio (my Kat/Bio averages around there too). It's nice to have others verify stuff.

3 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

lol I remember someone seriously said Katana is a bad set and weak. I'm averaging under 2 minutes with sets that aren't Bio/Stone and @Ston is posting realistic averages of Kat/Bio (my Kat/Bio averages around there too). It's nice to have others verify stuff.

Katana is definitely a top set when it comes to sustained ST dps. They don't know what they're talking about. The AoE clear speed is no slouch either.. my kat/rad could clear trash mobs pretty quickly.

9 hours ago, Ston said:

Katana is definitely a top set when it comes to sustained ST dps. They don't know what they're talking about. The AoE clear speed is no slouch either.. my kat/rad could clear trash mobs pretty quickly.

Kat is 'tink tink tink, tink tink tink' instead of 'kthump .... Kthump ... ... ... KTHUMP!'.   As a result it's misleading to many people.  I generally rate Kat near the bottom of the top third, with several better performing sets, but at the same time it's right up there with the best of them.  I rate it highest of the defensive and utility weapons.  It's also probably my favorite melee set.

PS: 600 dps is terrific, that's very hard to beat.  You should post your build, too. 8-)

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE.

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard*, ..., 801.5 Moderate**, ..., 801.6 Hard***, ..., 801.7 Four Star****, ... 801.F Death.

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

19 minutes ago, Linea said:

Kat is 'tink tink tink, tink tink tink' instead of 'kthump .... Kthump ... ... ... KTHUMP!'.   As a result it's misleading to many people.  I generally rate Kat near the bottom of the top third, with several better performing sets, but at the same time it's right up there with the best of them.  I rate it highest of the defensive and utility weapons.  It's also probably my favorite melee set.

PS: 600 dps is terrific, that's very hard to beat.  You should post your build, too. 8-)

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

As requested! I should note that this is a pylon-oriented build. In a real build I would probably try to get more s/l defense and pick up lightning ball instead of assault (and probably take the slots from tactics to 5-slot it with ragnarok).

The chains would alternate between GD>GC>SD>Zapp and GD>GC>SD>GC

Edited by Ston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Energy Melee/Bio Brute T4 Musc Core, T4 Assualt Core (active), T4 Degen Core, T4 Ageless.

Best time was 80 seconds with 2 misses. Worst time was 91 seconds in 5 runs. average around the mids 80s. I think a dedicated Pylon build sacrificing survival could well get close to the  70 second mark.

The build was not a pylon only build. I started with no fury built up.

Better times than the SS/Bio, by about 10 seconds,  but i still prefer the SS as it has better AoE.

Edited by Gobbledegook

Ice/Bio Scrapper - 1:24 Best time

T4 Musc

T4 Degen

T4 Assault (passive)

T4 Ageless

Had to remove some proc slotting in ice sword and frozen aura in order to get enough recharge for Zapp. Verdict is that freezing touch is an amazing power for ATO2.

2 hours ago, Ston said:

T4 Musc

T4 Degen

T4 Assault (passive)

T4 Ageless

Had to remove some proc slotting in ice sword and frozen aura in order to get enough recharge for Zapp. Verdict is that freezing touch is an amazing power for ATO2.

This was a crazy combo to me cause if Freezing Touch missed it would just totally ruin the run it seemed. I had some wild variances with this combo.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ston said:

T4 Musc

T4 Degen

T4 Assault (passive)

T4 Ageless

I gotta admit, with most of the bio times listed I don't really pay attention as the builds don't get to softcap and are flimsy as tissues in real content. But this one is interesting because Ice Patch can cover so much mitigation for one quick click. I need to revisit the Ice/Bio stalker I made a long time ago for the same reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/18/2022 at 7:55 PM, SomeGuy said:

I've noticed many people who comment on this game dont test anything they read and just take it all as fact. In addition theres a large feeling that if it's not best its trash, which is just stupid in a game this easy.  so people have been saying kat is bad, without every trying it or testing it, because someone else said it was bad, and they only said that, cause they read that it was bad, from someone else.

The good news is that ice melee/electric armor is the new hotness. Avg of 5 runs is 1:22

Now I just need to sit under atlas and watch all the ice/elec scrappers pop up in front of Ms lib

13 hours ago, Greldek said:

I've noticed many people who comment on this game dont test anything they read and just take it all as fact. In addition theres a large feeling that if it's not best its trash, which is just stupid in a game this easy.  so people have been saying kat is bad, without every trying it or testing it, because someone else said it was bad, and they only said that, cause they read that it was bad, from someone else.

The good news is that ice melee/electric armor is the new hotness. Avg of 5 runs is 1:22

Now I just need to sit under atlas and watch all the ice/elec scrappers pop up in front of Ms lib

I've got personal experience with every scrapper primary and all the secondaries except for Ice. There are no bad primaries. Some that need some tweaking to get in line with the others? Sure. But not many. Secondaries? All the ones I've played are pretty rock solid and goal dependent, but I will without hesitation say Regen is complete trash. I mean, if your goal is to contribute nothing to a team except be veng bait? Sure.

Ice Melee is fun stuff. It has the Ice Patch gimmick and it's a helluva fun gimmick.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

I've got personal experience with every scrapper primary and all the secondaries except for Ice. There are no bad primaries. Some that need some tweaking to get in line with the others? Sure. But not many. Secondaries? All the ones I've played are pretty rock solid and goal dependent, but I will without hesitation say Regen is complete trash. I mean, if your goal is to contribute nothing to a team except be veng bait? Sure.

Ice Melee is fun stuff. It has the Ice Patch gimmick and it's a helluva fun gimmick.

you cannot convince me scrapper staff isn't butts, lemme see them times

2 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

I would like to see the numbers.

I think I posted a staff/ice a few pages back, but it's possible I did not:

AS SR PS MB until recharge gaps, then AS SR MB PS MB and after activating the +crit proc
2:03
2:32, bad run
~2:10ish
1:48
1:50
2:02

after I moved stalker's guile dam/rech to AS (eliminates second MB)
1:57?

AS SR PS MB w/more recharge
1:45
2:07

That's with procs. It's not EM times, but it's also not too different from my claws/ice scrapper. It comes with an AoE +def, a ranged attack, and an optional +res attack (which lowers dps, but options are options), which makes it pretty attractive to me.

51 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

I think I posted a staff/ice a few pages back, but it's possible I did not:

AS SR PS MB until recharge gaps, then AS SR MB PS MB and after activating the +crit proc
2:03
2:32, bad run
~2:10ish
1:48
1:50
2:02

after I moved stalker's guile dam/rech to AS (eliminates second MB)
1:57?

AS SR PS MB w/more recharge
1:45
2:07

That's with procs. It's not EM times, but it's also not too different from my claws/ice scrapper. It comes with an AoE +def, a ranged attack, and an optional +res attack (which lowers dps, but options are options), which makes it pretty attractive to me.

Thanks for this. Just a heads up, these pretty much confirm what we were saying...the fact that it takes the best version of Staff to get under two minutes is pretty...telling. Cause those are similar to what my ELM/SD stalker does.

8 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Thanks for this. Just a heads up, these pretty much confirm what we were saying...the fact that it takes the best version of Staff to get under two minutes is pretty...telling. Cause those are similar to what my ELM/SD stalker does.

It gets under two minutes while having the most utility of any primary and being paired with a secondary that provides no +dam, -res, -regen or +rech, just good defenses. I took that same character through the first mission of a vicious Aeon solo and it did fine. If it were in the 3 min mark I would agree it's bad, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to compete with the top most sets with that much utility. On a scrapper? Well I wouldn't play it there. On a brute or tank it is bad dps but has some other synergies.

I got a 1.42 time on the build below.  T3 Musc Total Core, T4 Degen Core Flawless, T4 Assault Radial (b/c I heard double-hit is better dps for fast-attacking DB chain), T4 Ageless Radial.  Chain was BF->SweepingStrike->Ablating, repeat ...with a tiny gap before BF is back up.

I was running an SG Base attack speed buff and recovery buff.  I still had endurance issues (with Maneuvers turned off) and had to pop 2 blues.  I thought about not running Tough, to save end, but I think 1 pylon hit could floor me w/o it. 

Any tips on making a better time?  I thought fast-chain DB would be da bomb with Brimstone (which can crit, btw - fun things i learned in combat logs).

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Ghost Blades: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dual Blades
Secondary Power Set: Stone Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Slice -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3)
Level 2: Ablating Strike -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Rchg(9), AchHee-ResDeb%(9)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-Heal(13), Prv-Absorb%(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15)
Level 6: Stone Skin -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17), ShlWal-Def(17), Ksm-Def/EndRdx(19), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 8: Blinding Feint -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Mk'Bit-Dam%(21), GldStr-%Dam(21), TchofDth-Dam%(23), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(23)
Level 10: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 12: Super Speed -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-RunSpd(25)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Rooted -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(25), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Pnc-Heal(27), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(29)
Level 18: Typhoon's Edge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def(33), PrfShf-End%(33), PrfShf-EndMod(34)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Obl-%Dam(34), Erd-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(36)
Level 28: Minerals -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/Rchg(37), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37), Rct-ResDam%(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Mud Pots -- SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(39), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(42)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 38: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45)
Level 44: Geode -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(48)
Level 47: Electric Shackles -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-Acc/Hold(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5)
Level 12: Speed Phase
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
------------

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brasilgringo said:

Any tips on making a better time?

I think you'll get better results with a 2nd ablating in that chain.  So a 4 attack chain of Blinding>Ablating>Sweeping>Ablating.  There's almost a full second gap on BF with that slotting and chain.  I would try assault core too.  I almost always get better results with core on stalker and scrapper since the damage buffs also increase your critical damage.

Edited by Pzn

9 hours ago, Microcosm said:

It gets under two minutes while having the most utility of any primary and being paired with a secondary that provides no +dam, -res, -regen or +rech, just good defenses. I took that same character through the first mission of a vicious Aeon solo and it did fine. If it were in the 3 min mark I would agree it's bad, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to compete with the top most sets with that much utility. On a scrapper? Well I wouldn't play it there. On a brute or tank it is bad dps but has some other synergies.

I love staff on my tankers. It's so fun and I'm not as concerned with dmg on my tankers, but man those huge cones and that big aoe all on short cooldowns is great.

• Thumbs Up 1