Waist capes for male widows

DJBlack71

something a lot of us asked for back when they introduced the COV Widows and Soldiers  during live was the option for the male widows to have waist capes. The devs at NCsoft west refused to work on that either saying their was too many clipping issues ( which probably happened with the huge body size option in the creator ) or saying that males do not wear waste capes. I think that it would still look appropriate and actually complete the widow costume for males. As of right now when a male widow uses the widow costume it looks incomplete with out it. Just something to think about and work on since we have better advancements now compared to the mid 2000s.

• Like 1

I love the idea. I was one of the players pushing for it back in the day, because I loved how they looked on Star Wars clone troopers. Certainly no impairment of masculinity there. But anything that adds more options/layers/themes is always good in my book.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Starhammer said:

I love the idea. I was one of the players pushing for it back in the day, because I loved how they looked on Star Wars clone troopers. Certainly no impairment of masculinity there. But anything that adds more options/layers/themes is always good in my book.

awesome, and I have seen so many other games that the waist capes being available for males

• Like 1

• 1 year later

*coughs nervously*
You, uh, already expressed your agreement, @irishhawk.  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/8771-waist-capes-for-male-widows/?tab=comments#comment-80576

But, hey!  I don't know if we bugged @Naomi about this one in particular yet.  After all, I believe Naomi's one of the newer Devs, relatively speaking, and may not have been a member of the Team back when this thread initially launched.  So . . . yeah!

Any input on the feasibility of this long-standing request?

• Like 1

Cool!  Thanks for letting us know.

And to head it off at the pass, just in case:
What @Naomi just said is NOT a promise, folks.  

It's good news to hear, absolutely, but it is not tantamount to a declaration that butt-capes-for-all will happen.  It also doesn't have a timeline attached to it.

So, for now, we can direct any future requests for butt-cape parity to Naomi's response here, with the caveat that it is not set in stone,.  
If any other announcements happen with a Dev later saying "it's not happening," it would probably be advisable to post a link to that message here.

Male characters can’t have waist capes because the fluttering of the cape would be like a bright red signal every time they fart. It’s fine on female characters because as we all know, girls don’t fart.

Edited by Vanden
  • Sad 1

While you're at it, can female Kheldians get their Sash? My Warshade still has to use the Carnival of Light option, and while it works, I would love to have the "official" sash.

• Like 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

• 2 weeks later
On 5/23/2021 at 11:40 PM, TemporalVileTerror said:

*coughs nervously*
You, uh, already expressed your agreement, @irishhawk.  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/8771-waist-capes-for-male-widows/?tab=comments#comment-80576

But, hey!  I don't know if we bugged @Naomi about this one in particular yet.  After all, I believe Naomi's one of the newer Devs, relatively speaking, and may not have been a member of the Team back when this thread initially launched.  So . . . yeah!

Any input on the feasibility of this long-standing request?

Huh.  I didn't see that