LOVING the /roleplaying tag. But...

Ion_Burst

...not loving how dark it turns everyone's names. This may be a minor thing, but I find the very deep purple makes names a lot harder to read. My only wish is that flagging with /roleplaying made character names turn orange or pink or something, a brighter color for my poor old eyes. Still, thank you for adding this tag!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Definitely agree.  The point of the tag is so that people can easily find other roleplayers ( which is great), but the dark purple color is incredibly difficult to read, and easily to overlook since it's muted, rather than highlighted.  I immediately turned it on when I read it, and after five minutes walking around and seeing how it looked I just shut it off.  Maybe if they just put the "Roleplaying" title in yellow or orange or something above your normal colored name or something like that.

• Like 1

For the purposes of disambiguation, I figure that the color needs to be something OTHER THAN what is used for the conning system uses.

Target's
Relative Level
Underling Minion Lieutenant/
Sniper
Boss/
Elite Boss
Hero/
Archvillain
Giant Monster
<-8 Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Purple
-8 Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Light Gray Purple
-7 Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Green Purple
-6 Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Blue Purple
-5 Dark Gray Dark Gray Dark Gray Light Gray White Purple
-4 Dark Gray Dark Gray Light Gray Green Yellow Purple
-3 Dark Gray Light Gray Green Blue Orange Purple
-2 Light Gray Green Blue White Red Purple
-1 Green Blue White Yellow Purple Purple
Even Blue White Yellow Orange Purple Purple
+1 White Yellow Orange Red Purple Purple
+2 Yellow Orange Red Purple Purple Purple
+3 Orange Red Purple Purple Purple Purple
+4 Red Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple
>+4 Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple

This makes me wonder if a sort of indigo might suffice.

Electric Indigo = #6f00ff

If it needs to be "lightened" for visibility against the brighter background, simply raise the Red in the color and perhaps add a touch of green for brightness.

Note that the background color of these forums is hardly ideal for this kind of color demonstration work.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Ooh, by flagging for RP, I can con as purple to everybody?

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• Retired Game Master
15 hours ago, Redlynne said:

For the purposes of disambiguation, I figure that the color needs to be something OTHER THAN what is used for the conning system uses.

I'd say not necessarily significantly different, if precedent is considered: Helper uses a very similar yellow to the yellow conned enemies. To a far lesser degree Help Me is somewhat close to the purple con color. There are other systems in place that help players differentiate players and NPCs. 

16 hours ago, Some Random User said:

Names/text can have borders. Could we do something with a border?

This is probably possible but is also probably far outside of the scope of the existing system they used to implement it. (In other words, would probably require a lot more work to implement)

On 8/22/2019 at 12:26 PM, Ion_Burst said:

...not loving how dark it turns everyone's names. This may be a minor thing, but I find the very deep purple makes names a lot harder to read. My only wish is that flagging with /roleplaying made character names turn orange or pink or something, a brighter color for my poor old eyes. Still, thank you for adding this tag!

+42.  I also totally agree that problem is that it's dark.  I think there's a dark outline around name text so that it shows up with lighter colors like the default blues and greens, but the purple used is to similar to the outline and the result is blurry.

I'd toss out that I'd prefer something a bit more muted than hot pink.  Take pink and wash it out (lighten it or add white to make a tint), something like a pale rose color.

OK that's it!  Please make people in Pocket D readable, I have a tough time in there as well!

I played around with colors and I think something like C4627A would be a decent pale red color to use.

Let's see if I can get images to work.  Old:

https://imgur.com/PiTxTg0

New:

https://imgur.com/Jk8HwTc

Hmm, can't seem to get images to show up. Anyway, this was photoshopped on a character's

name with purple text, so it's actually a bit darker than it would be if it were done with the text

in game. Good luck devs.

Edited by gameboy1234

• 2 weeks later

I vote for Pink or Cyan, which are sufficiently different than the enemy con colors.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

A Magenta-ish color is already taken by the "Help Me" tag...I don't like the Purple either, but it needs to be readily different than the Help Me tag even from a distance...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting