MM only Rikti Mothership Raid

Oklahoman

Has anyone tried this? There’s a lot of interest in trying it on Everlasting. Would it break the server? Would we need a different strategy?

The only issue I can see would be taking down the pylons and the dropship afterwards.  It's at least been my experience that my pets usually die a couple of times during the taking down pylons phase, and are pretty much useless during the dropship phase.  Otherwise, I like it!

• Like 1

I get that pets will die, but they are a renewable resource. 😀

What I’m not sure about is pulling Rikti into the bowl. One thought was to maybe alternate characters running out, using Judgement, then running back to the bowl - basically using AoE attacks as taunts. Any other ideas?

You know, then just the simple consideration of what happens to the server if we have 48 characters, each with 6 pets, plus a reasonable number of Lore and other pets and a dash of Gang Wars?

18 minutes ago, ElPuerco said:

What I’m not sure about is pulling Rikti into the bowl. One thought was to maybe alternate characters running out, using Judgement, then running back to the bowl - basically using AoE attacks as taunts. Any other ideas?

A /Dark MM can put the Darkest Night Toggle on an enemy, that will aggro them.

• Like 2

I'd be worried about Rikti Magus using Sleep on everyone in the bowl without melee monsters cruising the perimeter to scoop them up and draw their aggro off all the squishies in the bowl.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

4 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I'd be worried about Rikti Magus using Sleep on everyone in the bowl without melee monsters cruising the perimeter to scoop them up and draw their aggro off all the squishies in the bowl.

A couple of Force Field and/or Sonic Resonance MMs and a couple of MMs with Clarion Core will take care of mezzes. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ElPuerco said:

I get that pets will die, but they are a renewable resource. 😀

You know, then just the simple consideration of what happens to the server if we have 48 characters, each with 6 pets, plus a reasonable number of Lore and other pets and a dash of Gang Wars?

I would avoid Lore pets.  There is no need for them and will just cause lag. 

• 3 months later
On 8/23/2019 at 5:45 AM, Shadowsleuth said:

A /Dark MM can put the Darkest Night Toggle on an enemy, that will aggro them.

Anchor it on the grate closest to the bowl. Everything that spawns near it will aggro to you. XD

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 11/26/2019 at 3:24 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Anchor it on the grate closest to the bowl. Everything that spawns near it will aggro to you. XD

Oh, that's a great idea.  Now I have to think of a reason I'd want to aggro so many Riktis, outside of getting to participate in something like this some day.  Then again, I have to build a real solid tankermind (I know it can be easily done, of course).

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

We got 24 Masterminds together for an MSR today on Everlasting. Will try again on down the road to see if we can get more.

• Thanks 2

On 11/29/2019 at 2:12 PM, ElPuerco said:

We got 24 Masterminds together for an MSR today on Everlasting. Will try again on down the road to see if we can get more.

Here I was thinking how hard it is to get 8 MMs on 1 team... WTF? LOL nice video!

Torchbearer level 50s: Kyle (Beast/Emp MM), Jet Engine (Rad/Rad Tank), Joint (Fire/Fire Blaster), Defensive (Force Field/Psionic Defender), Heel (Thug/Warmth MM), Terence Mckenna(Dark/Nature Controller), A Real Bird (Sonic/Sonic Corr), Too Much Perfume (Merc/Rad MM)