Cel Shading available - Oh My

MulT

Oh My is right - This HC Dev team is incredible  .. 64-bit versions, safe-mode versions, work on PhysX, now Cel shading  - & I just stumbled across the cel shading 5min ago after this patch update so still tweaking it for best settings & optimizing framerate - it does add a whole new face to CoX - Cool 🙂 

Anyone else have thoughts on the new Cel shading ?  did I miss anyone's write-up already .. You have to move quick in forums these days 

6 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

The game has cel shading now?  I was completely unaware.

It's one of the "experimental" graphics options that you have to enable in the settings.  It definitely gives the game a fresh look, but it also kind of obscures some of the textures, IMO.

I've found it works on some combinations and very much doesn't on others. I love it on my Psi/Fire scrapper. His armors are purplish and dark, and under normal graphics everything is an obscured fuzz. With cel shading I can actually still see his costume!

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

1 minute ago, Hyperstrike said:

The Cel Shading's been there since the game returned.

Pretty sure it was there back on Live too, but experimental and most grafx cards back then didn’t have enough memory to support it.

City zones, I think, really look nifty using the mode.  But some maps (COT underground lairs for example) look terrible to me and are virtually unplayable in cel shaded mode.  Could just be my rig though.