Time is on my side! A MM /Time guide for all primaries.

Warlawk

We all know that time is amazing. It has an amazing toolkit and is probably slightly overtuned. I've been working on a project to compare the various primary sets from a common baseline secondary and decided on time since it works well with everything and is a very versatile and well performing set, it is a fantastic set for people just checking out mastermind for the first time as well. This is intended to be a comparison of how they feel to level and play, not a number-crunch-pylon-speed-test sort of guide. Those are very valuable and have their place, but this thread is not that place. For each set I will present my thoughts, my experiences leveling and playing it and then a complete IO build for it.

***This thread is currently a WIP, I am still in process of leveling some of the builds. Each specific build section will contain the info for how far I have actually played that set.***

Disclaimer here at the beginning. I am presenting my experience and opinions, not fact. This guide represents my outlooks and approach to playing masterminds. It is not the only way, the right way or anything other than my way. Once I am leveled up enough to have all my pets I almost exclusively solo and that will be reflected in my build choices. I consider most primary set attacks to be a trap. There are exceptions but most of them are terrible and a waste of your time that will do nothing but waste your endurance. I also consider Masterminds to be complete and actually ready to play NO EARLIER than level 26, more likely 32. These are the levels for your T3 pet and the final pet upgrade respectively. In the early levels you will feel weak and soloing is often tedious. My advice for early level play is actually to join teams and focus on keeping your pets out of doorways and using your support abilities to supercharge the team.

Important note for all builds. Power Boost is a short duration buff but any clicky powers will retain the boost for their entire duration. This equates to an extra ~6% defense and ~5 ToHit on your Farsight and is key to keeping your defenses and pet accuracy topped off once you have it. You will see a lot of crossover on slotting between the builds as they all have a similar goal. S/L defense will cover something like 90% of the enemy attacks in the game, so the goal is to softcap S/L defense and then get Perma Hasten and as close to perma Chronoshift as possible without sacrificing too much. This provides a universal survivable baseline for the MM themselves and lets me judge how the different primary sets perform.

Beasts/Time (Not yet rolled)

Spoiler

b4ae309bce9812af53d157e038b63450.jpg

Demon Summoning/Time (Played to 50)

Spoiler

This combo is a pleasure to play. Demons is a great set with a wide variety of capabilities. The hellfire T1 and T2 both apply -res debuffs to boost your DPS while the other T2 offers heals and resistance buffs with the T3 providing a wide variety of slows. The damage proc in T3 applies to all but one of the abilities that pet has, so it gets a lot of mileage. Distortion Field and Time's Juncture synergize well with all the slows your T3 will be throwing around to really slow down the enemies. This set has a great combination of single target and AOE damage. It isn't top for either but a nice versatile mix that is a pleasure to play and doesn't feel lacking in either department. The set has Hell on Earth which lets you slot some of the pet defensive auras and ease the slotting pressure on the standard pets.

Demons do seem to be worse than the other sets in regards to standing back up from KD and KB effects. For some reason they suffer badly from "I've fallen and I can't get up" syndrome, taking a long time to get back to their feet and rejoin the fun. The T3 pet is very thirsty for endurance and will run dry if you don't take that into account for slotting. Chrono Boost has a nice bit of endurance love as well so be sure it's landing on him.

The Build

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.2
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Demon Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(5), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(5), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- CrtSpd-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(9), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(13)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(17), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(48)
Level 6: Enchant Demon -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 10: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- EdcoftheM-PetDef(A), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SvrRgh-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(23)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(25), GldNet-Dam%(25), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(27), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(27), UnbCns-Dam%(29)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SvrRgh-PetResDam(29), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(31), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(31), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(31), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(33), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(33), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(34)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(36), AdjTrg-Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(39), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-Def/Rchg(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Rct-ResDam%(42)
Level 30: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 32: Abyssal Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(42), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg(43), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(43)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(45), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(45), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal(46)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 44: Power Boost -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------

Mercenaries/Time (Played to 34)

Spoiler

We've gone from a top contender in demons to the bottom contender in Mercenaries. Mercs is a set known to have issues. While it has a few niche situations where it can excel due to the -res procs it can slot, it is generally a poor performer. I currently have the set at level 34 and I have a hard time playing more than one mission consecutively with it. Their DPS is low in general, AOE capabilities are abysmal and the utility powers they have are mediocre and on painfully long cooldowns. I'm sure there is someone out there who just loves mercs to death, but it isn't me. They can be made to work, but will underperform compared to every other primay except in extremely specific situations and builds and if you're in a position to make mercs do work, you don't need my guide!

The Build

Spoiler

Level 50 Technology Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Mercenaries

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Soldiers -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), AchHee-ResDeb%(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(48)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(13), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(13), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(15), ImpSwf-Dam%(15)
Level 6: Equip Mercenary -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: M30 Grenade -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(17), JvlVll-Acc/End/Rech(17), PstBls-Dam%(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(19), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(21)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23)
Level 12: Spec Ops -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(23), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SvrRgh-PetResDam(25), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), EdcoftheM-PetDef(27)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(37), GldNet-Dam%(37), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(39), ImpSwf-Dam%(39)
Level 18: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Time Stop -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(48), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(50), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(50), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(36), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(36), AdjTrg-Rchg(48)
Level 24: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Commando -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(33), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(33), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(33), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(34)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Tactical Upgrade -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(40), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlBrk-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(43), Pnc-Heal(43), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(45)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 47: Temporal Selection -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(46)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(45), Pnc-Heal/+End(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(46)
------------

Necromancy/Time (Played to 50)

Spoiler

This combo is rock solid. It's a little light on the AOE but very sturdy and has pretty great single target. The T3 gives a great variety of control and can take the Cloud Sense damage proc which can trigger on his every attack, giving him a nice supplement to damage. As all melee pets do, this set suffers a little bit from the issue of pets spending more time chasing than smashing, but it was great fun to play and the performance did not disappoint at all. The T2 pets have some ranged attacks so they will have something to do for runners but their big hitters are melee. A very safe combination with the T3 throwing around control and debuffs in addition to everything you have. This is one of the sets which has an 'extra' pet (Soul Extraction) where you can mule some of your pet defensive auras to gain a lot of breathing room for slotting on your standard pets.

The Build

Spoiler

Primary Power Set: Necromancy

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Zombie Horde -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(5), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(36)
Level 6: Enchant Undead -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 10: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 12: Grave Knight -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(17)
Level 14: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Dam%(17), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(21), GldNet-Dam%(23), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(23), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(25)
Level 18: Soul Extraction -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), EdcoftheM-PetDef(19), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(19), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(21), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(31), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 20: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 22: Time Stop -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(A), UnbCns-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(42), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(42), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(43), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(43)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Lich -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(27), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(29), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), CldSns-%Dam(31)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(33), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(34), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 32: Dark Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlBrk-%Dam(46), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(48), AchHee-ResDeb%(48), TchofLadG-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(43)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), Pnc-Heal/+End(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(46)
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
------------

Ninjas/Time (Played to 46)

Spoiler

Ninjas have a very bad reputation, mostly based on the fact that they die if something sneezes in their direction. /Time offers tremendous defense, enemy slows and one of the best heals in the game which goes a long ways toward offsetting that weakness. Even with all that backing them up, they are still very squishy. They are also extremely fast so it is easy for them to get out of range of the defensive auras and just die instantly. This also leaves them prone to pulling extra packs of enemies since they move so quickly they can charge around a corner and make a lot of distance before you even notice they're going.

The T1 pets are fairly thirsty and tend to stand around throwing shuriken instead of closing to melee. There is just enough KB to be annoying. In short Ninjas are fragile and fiddly. Once they are in melee range you can spam smoke flash alternating between your two T2 pets and put out a ton of damage. T3 uses Rain of Fire and Distortion Field works very nicely for keeping targets in it to take damage. Overall AoE damage is a bit lacking. Flaws accounted for, I had a lot of fun leveling this set and fully intend to take it to 50 to complete it. As long as you account for the lack of AoE and don't push your notoriety too high while playing solo it actually plays surprisingly well.

The Build

Spoiler

Primary Power Set: Ninjas

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Genin -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(3), SvrRgh-PetResDam(5), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(5), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(39)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(9), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(13)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(17), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(17), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Train Ninjas -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23)
Level 10: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Call Jounin -- SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(25), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(27), SlbAll-Build%(27)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), GldNet-Dam%(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(31), UnbCns-Dam%(31), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(31)
Level 18: Smoke Flash -- RechRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(33), EndRdx-I(33), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 20: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(33), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(34), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(34), AdjTrg-Rchg(36)
Level 22: Time Stop -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(A), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(36), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Rchg(36), GldNet-Dam%(37), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), NrnSht-Dam%(37)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Oni -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(39), EdcoftheM-PetDef(39), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(40), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(40)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/Rchg(42), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 32: Kuji In Zen -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(45), TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(45), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(45), ShlBrk-%Dam(46), AchHee-ResDeb%(46)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(46), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal(48), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(7)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------

Robotics/Time (Played to 50)

Spoiler

Considered one of, if not the strongest set and for good reason. Bots have innate defense through T2 defense boosting forcefield bubbles as well as sporting hefty -regen and aoe from the T3 pet. During leveling you will find AoE damage nonexistent until your level 32 upgrade turns your T3 bot into a monster. This set is very prone to feeling weak in the early levels but really blooms in the mid levels. The biggest flaw is that the T3 has a tendency to lay down a burn patch and then knock all the targets out of said burn patch. The build listed below has the KB>KD Conversion in T3 as well as the AoE patron immobilize to minimize the stray KB from the other pets. T1 and T2 each have a single attack that has a chance (30% and 40%) to KB and are already slot starved so I'm not willing to waste a slot on a KB conversion there.

This was actually the first character I rolled and leveled returning to CoH on the HC servers. I played it with just basic IOs and a couple of super cheapo sets while leveling and it was still a pleasure to run and offered fantastic performance for such budget slotting.

The Build

Spoiler

Primary Power Set: Robotics

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Battle Drones -- SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(5), SlbAll-Build%(5), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(46)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(17), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(17), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(19), ImpSwf-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Equip Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 10: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Protector Bots -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 14: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(25), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(27), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(27), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(29), AdjTrg-Rchg(50)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(29), NrnSht-Dam%(31), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31), GldNet-Dam%(31), Lck-%Hold(33)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 20: Time Stop -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(33), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(34), NrnSht-Dam%(34), GldNet-Dam%(34), UnbCns-Dam%(50)
Level 22: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26: Assault Bot -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(45), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(45), SvrRgh-PetResDam(45), EdcoftheM-PetDef(46), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(46)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 30: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Upgrade Robot -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(39), ShlBrk-%Dam(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(40)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(40), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal(42)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(43), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(43), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(43)
Level 47: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-EndRdx(A), Clr-Stlth(7)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
------------

Thugs/Time (Played to 50)

Spoiler

A strong finish with Thugs. This set is a breeze to play and offers excellent damage of both single target and AoE varieties. There is a particularly interesting interaction here in that your T2 has tactics (which only affects MM pets, not players) and you can slot the Gausian chance for build up proc into them. The proc seems to have a chance to trigger based on the number of targets tactics is buffing. Since you will always have a total of 6 pets out it is buffing 5 other targets and has a fairly high proc rate, you will see spikes in this proc rate when you cast Gang War as it will buff them as well. Gang war also acts as a mule for your pet aura sets and eases a lot of the pressure on your slotting for the normal pets.

The only real downside to Thugs is that the Arsonist has a serious deathwish. Due to his powers and AI he will often close to melee faster than your T3 melee pet does and works quite hard to get himself killed. Using the build posted here I was able to solo Adamastor at level 41 with no temporary powers and no pet deaths aside from Posse (Gang War). Once I got the final upgrade at level 32 I set it to x8 notoriety and ran that against all factions. Solod everything including AVs through the Tina Mac and Maria Jenkins arcs, it was easy mode.

The Build

Spoiler

Primary Power Set: Thugs

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(3), SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(5), SlbAll-Build%(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(7)
Level 1: Time Crawl -- CrtSpd-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Temporal Mending -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 4: Time's Juncture -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(46), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(48), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(48), ImpSwf-Dam%(48)
Level 6: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Empty Clips -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(9), ExpStr-Dam%(9), PstBls-Dam%(11), Ann-ResDeb%(11), JvlVll-Dam%(17)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 12: Call Enforcer -- SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), AchHee-ResDeb%(15), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Distortion Field -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(45), ImpSwf-Dam%(45), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(45), UnbCns-Dam%(46), ImpSwf-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(46)
Level 18: Gang War -- CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(A), EdcoftheM-PetDef(19), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(23)
Level 20: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(23), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(25), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(25), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Time Stop -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), NrnSht-Acc/EndRdx(34), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(40), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(50)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprMarofS-Dmg(A), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(27), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SvrRgh-PetResDam(29), ExpStr-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Farsight -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/Rchg(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Rct-ResDam%(34)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Slowed Response -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), ShlBrk-%Dam(36), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(36), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(37), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 38: Chrono Shift -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(39), Pnc-Heal(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(42)
------------

For any prospective new Mastermind players trying out the AT I highly reccommend the Numpad bind controls listed in my signature. I then program my extra mouse buttons to trigger the most commonly used binds but I like having the full set available for when I really want to finesse something.

I am open to any questions or commentary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

• 7 months later

well this might come a bit late but i came across this since im playing MM Robotic/time and I got a question, why do you pick hasten, and why dont you have more slots on stamina to help with the endurance cause my biggest problem is that I have alot of toggles on and running mission with all that is possible but if i want to help with some attacks and heals it runs out..

2 hours ago, Acceleratum said:

why do you pick hasten

The number one reason to pick Hasten on Time Manipulation builds is so that you can recharge Chrono Shift and Farsight (and Power Boost if you've got that too) fast enough to make them either perma or near perma so as to maximize uptime on Chrono Shift and Farsight.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Entomb is good to put into Time Stop if you're not loading up Time Stop with damage procs.  If you load up Time Stop with damage procs, the recharge on the Entomb proc will drop the proc chances for the damage procs below 90% ... which was a compromise I wasn't willing to make in my builds.  However, if you're willing to simply 2-slot Time Stop with Accuracy and the Entomb proc, it makes for a pretty decent low cost (in slots) way to increase survivability.

• Thanks 2

IifneyR.gif

12 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Entomb is good to put into Time Stop if you're not loading up Time Stop with damage procs.  If you load up Time Stop with damage procs, the recharge on the Entomb proc will drop the proc chances for the damage procs below 90% ... which was a compromise I wasn't willing to make in my builds.  However, if you're willing to simply 2-slot Time Stop with Accuracy and the Entomb proc, it makes for a pretty decent low cost (in slots) way to increase survivability.

12 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Procs are hard,lol....thanks I did not know that.

SuperPlyx, Redlynne is technically correct that placing the Superior Entomb proc into Time Stop will result in your 3.5 PPM damage procs dipping below 90% probability. However, it only dips down to 88.42%. Hardly a reason to not consider slotting the proc. Your 4.5 PPM damage proc will still hit at 90% and your Entomb Absorb proc will hit at 90%.

Honestly, you would probably love having a power that will average 286.72 Damage, that has a 63.15% chance at a mag 5 hold for 8 seconds, while providing a 15% Absorb shield 90% of the time. All while being able to cast it every 6-8 seconds, depending on the amount of global recharge in your build. All you have to do is 6-slot Time Stop with the procs from Superior Entomb, Gladiator's Net, Ghost Widow's Embrace, Neuronic Shutdown, Unbreakable Constraint, and Lockdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 minute ago, Bopper said:

All you have to do is 6-slot Time Stop with the procs from Superior Entomb, Gladiator's Net, Ghost Widow's Embrace, Neuronic Shutdown, Unbreakable Constraint, and Lockdown.

As for Accuracy with that set up ... you're on your own there.

IifneyR.gif

10 hours ago, Redlynne said:

As for Accuracy with that set up ... you're on your own there.

Tactics, Kismet, Farsight, set bonuses. You shouldn't have trouble finding the accuracy. Even for MMs, as they can leverage the Build Up proc in Tactics. Throw in the AoE defense debuff from Slowed Response, and you're just flushed with options on accuracy.

But sacrificing the +2 hold proc for the Supreme Entomb Acc/Hold and gaining its set bonus is certainly a good way to go. 

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 8 months later

Thank you VERY much, very well written and great guide!

I really like that you went through all of the primaries.

Questions:

1. I follow the link to the Hero Designer - but I can't seem to figure it out - can I actually use the Hero Designer? If so - how?

2. Thank you for providing the enhancements to the powers - but I do not know what 90% of them are.

Is there a way to find out what "SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)" and where to find/get it?

Thank you!

On 12/30/2020 at 10:56 PM, RudedawgCDN said:

Is there a way to find out what "SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)" and where to find/get it?

Thank you!

That is the abbreviation for the Sovereign Right Pet Set IO I believe. You can purchase it off the auction house.