Homecoming Server Update (May 7th): Many news!

GM Tempest

I post under Alordo in Discord as that is my name for my WoW guild.  But here I can post as my main hero on Everlasting.  So as I said in the coh-general Discord channel, I'll say it again.  THANK YOU!!!  You've brought back the greatest MMO I've ever played since I started back with Star Wars: Galaxies.  My wife and I really dug into our old RP and are starting a new chapter.  It was some of the absolute best RP I've had since she stopped playing MMOs with me.  We've always had the strongest RP in CoH/V.  And it truly showed.  So thank all of you that make this game alive again.  Thank you for the work and dedication you're constantly putting into it to keep it alive for those of us lucky enough to experience the true awesomeness that is this game.  The innovations the original developers put into this game would be the things I'd steal for my own.  Sidekicking/exemplaring, level pacts, being able to turn off exp gains and just earn inf at a whim and not costing you in-game currency to do so, being able to build my OWN adventures to share with everyone else, becoming my OWN villain/hero and having my OWN story while working through the in-game one and not being a main hero's sidekick, and the list goes on as did this sentence.  So again, THANK YOU!!!!!

I post under Alordo in Discord as that is my name for my WoW guild. 

Teensy thing, but Excalliber, you can change your nickname for just CoH: Homecoming Discord if you wanted.  Won't affect your handle on your guild.  Just find your handle (either in the list or on a post on this discord), right click it, and select Change Nickname.  Boom. If you want to, of course.  But your post made it seem like you'd appreciate that kind of clarity.

That said, I'm actually NEW to the game, but I'm still so, so happy to see it back.  I met my husband on WoW during what was originally probably a hiatus from CoH from him.  He was furious when The Company That Shall Not Be Named pulled the plug.  I've been hearing stories about this game for YEARS.  He even plunked me down in front of the character creator once just because he thought I'd appreciate it, and I spent TWO HOURS designing a character I thought I'd never play.  Sadly, that was a couple of hard drives ago and a system wipe for him, so that's long gone, but still.  Two hours, and that was under the assumption I'd never get to play.

He, on the other hand, has been positively GIDDY.  This launched right at the end of his off-season from work, so we were able to spend most of that week running around together, taking advantage of the leveling bonuses, murdering giant monsters... it's been a blast.  It's also finally gotten the majority of our friends into ONE GAME.  We haven't had that in YEARS. 

So yeah, we're really enjoying this, too.  Thanks for all your hard work, Homecoming Team.  Y'all are making a LOT of people VERY happy.

I LOVE the fact that people have found Marquee... now, if I can just convince people to start using [shadow=black,left]shadow[/shadow] and [glow=#00FF00,2]glow[/glow], this forum will get even more colorful and interesting...

I'm out.

Thanks for the update.  Just one question, what's a "Foorl'?

An in-joke because one of the Devs/mods said "foorl" when they meant "floor", because the floor of a zone was missing, so people fell through it. It's now become a running gag.

I'm out.

Just curious, is it possible for the devs to make an AE farm that may not take all the cores some of the player made ones are taking but still keep good XP?

I see the developer's choice ones won't be hitting xp reduc, so maybe if one was created that doesn't take much in the terms of the mapservers, we could do that?

I don't know much about AE and making the maps, so maybe that isn't possible.  Just wondering.

Just curious, is it possible for the devs to make an AE farm that may not take all the cores some of the player made ones are taking but still keep good XP?

I see the developer's choice ones won't be hitting xp reduc, so maybe if one was created that doesn't take much in the terms of the mapservers, we could do that?

I don't know much about AE and making the maps, so maybe that isn't possible.  Just wondering.

On a related note, can the devs/mods just install this for me on the desk inside City Hall?

oMYDVCF.png

Because that would be REALLY cool... especially if you could make it give the level up "ding" effect, but increase the effect tenfold. O5khXA8.gif

I'm out.

I post under Alordo in Discord as that is my name for my WoW guild. 

Teensy thing, but Excalliber, you can change your nickname for just CoH: Homecoming Discord if you wanted.  Won't affect your handle on your guild.  Just find your handle (either in the list or on a post on this discord), right click it, and select Change Nickname.  Boom. If you want to, of course.  But your post made it seem like you'd appreciate that kind of clarity.

That said, I'm actually NEW to the game, but I'm still so, so happy to see it back.  I met my husband on WoW during what was originally probably a hiatus from CoH from him.  He was furious when The Company That Shall Not Be Named pulled the plug.  I've been hearing stories about this game for YEARS.  He even plunked me down in front of the character creator once just because he thought I'd appreciate it, and I spent TWO HOURS designing a character I thought I'd never play.  Sadly, that was a couple of hard drives ago and a system wipe for him, so that's long gone, but still.  Two hours, and that was under the assumption I'd never get to play.

He, on the other hand, has been positively GIDDY.  This launched right at the end of his off-season from work, so we were able to spend most of that week running around together, taking advantage of the leveling bonuses, murdering giant monsters... it's been a blast.  It's also finally gotten the majority of our friends into ONE GAME.  We haven't had that in YEARS. 

So yeah, we're really enjoying this, too.  Thanks for all your hard work, Homecoming Team.  Y'all are making a LOT of people VERY happy.

I am very curious here. This game was hyped to you for years, has it lived up to the hype? It sounds like you are having fun but, I'd be curious of your thoughts as a (probably overhype-filled) newbie both the good and the bad.

First off, I've got to add my thanks to the list. What you guys have done/are doing is so very much appreciated and warms the very cockles of this old veteran's heart; it's so good to be home!

Secondly, although I know everyone on the team is still in the fire extinguisher and wrench phase, with this possibly temp shard and server transfers what are the possibilities of switching to globally linked names?

While I've always kind of prided myself on coming up with inventive names on a crowded, single moniker server, having to think up with a new one after investing time in a character tends to be a pet peeve. I mention this because I really don't see me, or anyone else who knows that Halcyon might be temporary, putting characters on it for that reason. However, like with the big guy in red tights and the blond chick in mostly blue it's still possible to be unique while using the same name, so I'm thinking that it could be a solution if the code can even handle such a change.