CoH: Homecoming Wiki?

On 9/28/2019 at 11:10 PM, Apparition said:

As we all know, Titan Network has decided to remain its own independent entity and ParagonWiki will remain frozen to the Issue 24 beta.  Yesterday, I started work on City of Wiki.

It's an unofficial City of Heroes: Homecoming wiki.  All content will need to be re-written from scratch.  Nothing can be copied from ParagonWiki unless the content comes directly from the game itself.  The reasons for this are because so much has changed since Issue 24 beta, and because ParagonWiki uses an incompatible license.  (Seriously, GNU Free Documentation License for a wiki?  But I digress.)

There's nothing on the site yet, and the look is far from final.  I'm giving a heads up because I'm going to need help, obviously.  If there's a graphic artist in the house, a new logo to replace the default logo would be great. 😛

So... why can't you copy ParagonWiki and start modifying from there? The GNU license explicetly states coping and modifying is covered. So long as you're not trying to make money from it, it's covered.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• City Council
59 minutes ago, davpa said:

Would it make sense to update the CoH Fandom site as it already has a large chunk of info already on it? It would not be a start from scratch and things can be edited for the HC system. 

Whatever you do, don't do that.

• Like 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Fandom (formerly Wikia) has a lot of issues. Most notably having zero checks on what ads they run, meaning you can get malware from them. ParagonWiki was originally a Wikia site, but TonyV noped the fuck out of there once the issues started cropping up.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I understand that the fandom sites are not ideal, but as a stopgap it makes the most sense. New materials can be written with the idea of then transferring them to Paragon Wiki when it “opens up” for expanding to i26+ material. The CoH wiki gives us a chance to write and share the new material without starting it all from scratch. 

Edited by davpa

Entropy Legion, Villain SG: https://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com 

Union Supreme, Heroic SG: https://unionsupreme.guildlaunch.com

9 hours ago, davpa said:

I understand that the fandom sites are not ideal, but as a stopgap it makes the most sense. New materials can be written with the idea of then transferring them to Paragon Wiki when it “opens up” for expanding to i26+ material. The CoH wiki gives us a chance to write and share the new material without starting it all from scratch. 

Sorry, if it's an issue of waiting until the deal's done and using Fandom/Wikia?

WAIT!

The absolute WORST thing we can do is start randomly infesting fellow players with malware and exposing kids to..."ads" for stuff kids have no business looking at.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, davpa said:

Why?

I'm assuming it's down to licensing and such, but IDK the details on these things. The others seem to though.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)