Is my Alpha slot truly empty ?

Sergio

Evening all, I eventually got my Alpha slot to the 4th tier the other day after a very, very long slog. Took me forever because I didn't use my Merits the right way. Yesterday I decided to start on my next slot, my wife said go with Judgement or Interface. I, not quite understanding the system went with Cardiac as it seemed to be more beneficial to me. When I told my wife she said "NOOOOOOO, you've just lost your Alpha".

Is she correct and all my work is lost ?

If you've got a slot at the 4th tier, it can't be replaced since it's not used in the creation of other slots. So no, you've still got your alpha slotted. However the abilities can only go in those slots. You can't slot an Alpha slot into an Interface slot for example if that's what you're getting at. All that happened is you've just created another Alpha slot power from what I can gather.

Go to equip, select alpha, and see if it shows up in your selectable list. When you convert from tier 3 to tier 4, the old one disappears and the new one is made. So it needs to be reslotted.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

As far as I know, you can't "lose" an Alpha ability. The only way to get rid of a Tx Alpha is to upgrade it to Tx+1 (e.g. crafting a T3 consumes a T2), so whatever T4 you had is still there even if you crafted a new T1 Cardiac. What your wife may be referring to is that by crafting and equipping the T1 Cardiac, you're unequipping and losing the benefits of the previous T4 until you re-equip it. You can only have one Alpha ability equipped at a time even though you can possess all of them at the same time.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I don't think incarnate abilities can be deleted, sold, or transferred.  When you make them they get added to the list of incarnate abilities you can slot in that particular hole.  The process of getting any of them to t4 always involves making a duplicate power levelled along the other tree AFAICT.  While you are working on that you always have two until you combine them for the t4, which combines two t3s. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

7 hours ago, Eva Destruction said:

You don't have to level along the other tree, you can also use the other T3 in the same tree.

Maybe OP's wife isn't aware that you can craft more than one ability for each slot and switch them out.

Also you must EQUIP the Alpha enhancement.  Go to Incarnate Abilities/Alpha/Equip and double click on the enhancement to equip it.  If you have more than one Alpha crafted you can equip whichever one you like.

When you look at Alpha/Equip you're looking at any Alpha Incarnate you have available to slot, you need to have it slotted into your Alpha slot in order for it to work.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler