Need input on how to make this Beast/Nature build better.

SmalltalkJava

Yes.  I agree.   I am still learning how ensure that things are exemplar friendly.  

My latest question that that I still need to research is whether Hamio’s exemplar down.    If they don’t then I will probably be replacing them with an attuned set piece.

other things that I will be testing overall feel of the build taking into consideration incarnate abilities.

Do incarnate abilities exemplar down?  

Edited by SmalltalkJava

On 9/10/2019 at 9:16 AM, SmalltalkJava said:

For Call Ravens I ended up going with the second slotting option 3 Anni, 2 Lady Gray, 1 Frozen blast.   I made a couple example videos to show the build in action.   Please keep in mind that this is just to show an example fight and take into account that I don't have the flow down quite yet and that I'm not particularity blessed when it comes to hand-eye coordination.   You will see bad play, but at least it gives some context of how the build works.   This is also against +3x8 mobs in the PI portal mission.   I am not incarnate level shifted so this should be fairly equivalent of level shifted fighting +4x8, except for the lack of incarnate powers.

I do lose pets on occasion. But I think it has more to do with me playing and not the actual build.

The answer to your thoughts...  YES.  I am not a good player.

My only comment on the videos is that coming from Bots/Time that looks just horrifyingly slow. I have a Council Empire AE farm map, and playing it on +4/x8 I can take out 3-4 full spawns in less time than it takes your beasts to handle one...

• Thanks 1

Yes.  That is what I need to work on next. Getting damage up!   If anyone has slotting ideas for my MM attacks, beasts themselves or incarnates please put up suggestions.   As long as I don’t have to actually respec I can plug in and unslot stuff all day long.     

It may be too early to tell but I’m thinking that beasts may be in the Mercs range of overall damage.  But I need to test different attack and pet slotting ideas 

Edited by SmalltalkJava

11 hours ago, Coyote said:
On 9/10/2019 at 8:28 PM, Redlynne said:

Best to make your builds Exemplar Friendly in a way that allows them to decline/degrade "gracefully" at lower levels, rather than be something that just falls off a cliff and completely fails to function if you aren't playing Level 50+ content at all times.

This is excellent advice for all ATs and all builds.

We make every pretense of competency around here ... ^_~

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I was able to spend a little time with the beasts last night.    I tried different slotting choices.  Nothing really got their damage up that much.  I’m not sure anything really can except incarnate damage boosts.  They just spend too mich time buffing and  other non attack stuff 

I am am seriously considering changing over to demons/nature to take advantage or their resists and nature’s resists and their better overall damage. 

Ninjas as or bots is also a thought.  I may make a poll for my next nature project.  I’ll just have to think on each ones advantages and disadvantages 

ninjas may do do very well.  Oni’s Rain attack with the hold aura from nature!  Most mobs would be locked down for the ninjas to go batshit crazy on. Concept would probably be a Dark Elf Nature ranger/mage with his conscripts 

bots would need knockdown conversions and would make slotting more difficult.  In a already tight nature requirements.  Nature needs things grouped tightly 

demons. Have the Uber resist auras for both themselves and the MM. plus they can mule some things in hell on earth.  Plus I have my concept for this.  “Handsome Devil”. In his red and black tux.  With black and red nature effects. Bring a little glimpse of hellish landscape  and look good doing it.  

Edited by SmalltalkJava

I would like to personally vouch for Thugs/Nature (ie, Poison Ivy usually seems to have a horde of goons serving her). Do you know how disgustingly OP Gang war becomes with 2 +def, 2 +res somewhere in your build, added to Nature's truly outstanding (and fast!) buffs?

I tear up AV's at high levels. Of course, the usual +accuracy requirements apply for +4 content

I have taken great advantage of 5 slotting purple sets. Usually the io you 'drop' from arma or the like is damage, because you hit ED caps without it. However, I add that into something else because it has the highest damage bonus in the game, at 55% 'default'. Much higher than a common damage IO.

To be honest, I don't know how to make overgrowth perma, though... even with agility incarnate core, I still have 6 seconds of downtime. If I didn't know better, I would suspect that the recharge time (255 seconds? where the hell did that weird number come from? why not 240 like other 'long' buffs?) was specifically designed to make it incredibly difficult to perma even with incarnates.

I have call thugs frankenslotted for pet defense/resist, with soulbound allegiance's +dam (+4) for 66.2%, and a second spot in expedient for acc/dam and the set resistance.
call enforce is 5 slotted with the rest of soulbound, and has a LOTG 7.5% in it.

Gang war has mark of supremacy 6 slotted, and of course bruiser has superior command 5 slotted with an accel kb to kd unique in it.

But I am working on a new build, to run much cheaper, much more powerfully, that exploits mark of supremacy's 2-slot !0% recharge so I could get 30% recharge and skip the craptastic bonuses from some of the purple sets altogether.... Once I bang it out and test it, I'd be happy to share the results of that testing.

Banged out build:

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Thugs
Secondary Power Set: Nature Affinity
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Call Thugs -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen:50(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(3), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets):30(15), SvrRgh-PetResDam:50(15), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg:50(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(31)
Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 2: Regrowth -- Prv-Absorb%:50(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(3), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(7), Prv-Heal:50(7)
Level 4: Wild Growth -- UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(A), ImpSki-Status:30(37), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:30(37), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg:30(40), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg:30(42), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx:30(43)
Level 6: Equip Thugs -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 8: Empty Clips -- PstBls-Dam%:50(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(9), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(11), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(11)
Level 10: Spore Cloud -- DflEgo-RecDeb%:20(A), DarWtcDsp-Slow%:50(34), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx:50(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb:50(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx:50(36)
Level 12: Call Enforcer -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), SlbAll-Build%:50(13), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg:50(33), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg:50(34)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx:30(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(17), StdPrt-ResKB:30(17), GldArm-ResDam:50(23), GldArm-End/Res:50(25), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(25)
Level 18: Gang War -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef:50(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(21), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg:50(23)
Level 20: Lifegiving Spores -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), Mrc-Heal:40(46), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx:40(48), PrfShf-End%:50(50)
Level 22: Wild Bastion -- DctWnd-Heal:50(A), DctWnd-Rchg:50(42), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg:50(43), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(37), Rct-ResDam%:50(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(46), Rct-Def:50(48)
Level 26: Call Bruiser -- SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), SprMarofS-Dmg:50(27), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets):50(27), EdcoftheM-PetDef:40(29), EdcoftheM-Acc/Dmg:40(29), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(31)
Level 28: Rebirth -- DctWnd-Rchg:50(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg:50(48)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), Ksm-ToHit+:30(45)
Level 32: Upgrade Equipment -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(46)
Level 38: Overgrowth -- AdjTrg-Rchg:50(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx:50(39), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg:50(40), AdjTrg-ToHit:50(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(45)
Level 44: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- RgnTss-Regen+:30(A), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(34)
Level 50: Ion Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Total Radial Improved Ally
Level 50: Barrier Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Support Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon
------------

Weird. going for a 'cheaper' build actually wound up with a superior end product. It's not 'cheap' because it does, in fact, have a single very rare set... but it's a whole lot cheaper than most of my builds.
This is absolutely not a 'tankermind' build, no taunting. But it does have empty clips, in order to soak an alpha. It only has about 3 seconds downtime on overgrowth, but If you are not comfortable with the accuracy, you can always swap out assault for Tactics. Or if you want to bail on empty clips, you could always rearrang things to slip in entangling aura instead. I tried to put in as much recharge, s/l defense, hp, recovery, and damage+ as I could, but I won't pretend someone else couldn't do better.

Edited by Frostweaver
  • Thanks 1

Out of curiosity, with examplaring in mind, @Redlynne, do you have any general-purpose suggestions for alternatives to the Hami-Os? I exemplar a lot and was giving them the side-eye while admiring the rest of @SmalltalkJava's work a lot.

Also, @SmalltalkJava, thanks for the videos! I really like that kind of thing - it helps me get a much better sense of what a bunch of numerical data means in play. I used to be great at that sort of translation, but autoimmune problems have taken their toll on parts of my brain along with parts of the rest of me. So, very much obliged.

19 minutes ago, ParaBruce said:

thanks for the videos

Glad it helps.  Sometimes it's nice to get an idea of how a build plays, or at least how another person plays it.   For what it's worth.  I am still tweaking the build as I play it more.   

I've tried several things.  like adding procs to the beasts and attacks with min/maxing recharge in the MM attacks.  It does helps with damage.   But my experiments lead me to the think that any downtime in overgrowth hurts damage and your ability to keep doing stuff.  

Notes just regarding my personal preferences.

• I don't like using Call Raven's Cone attack.  It's just clunky and the 2.19 sec cast time seems like it is an eternity with this build.  And normally, I never even notice cast times (it was a really weird realization for me).    Anyways, I prefer ease of use.  Plus with such high recharge.  you can basically chain cast Swarm and Hawk to infinity and beyond.  Just 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2...
    • I'm looking at a build to drop the cone and pick up another skill.  I'm still looking at options.  probably put in +invisibility to cast on the pets or combat jumping for a smidge more def and a luck of the gambler recharge.   But knowing myself, I'll never actually use invisibility.  I'm just a lazy bum.
    • Dropping ravens means that I can keep my 2 single target high spam attacks. and pick up 5 slots for use somewhere else.
  • Anything over 68 ish seconds recharge on Overgrowth SUCKS.   I really notice the down time.  When overgrowth is down my endo usage skyrockets and overall damage drops a lot.  When overgrowth is down, you lose 50% damage bonus for your pets and everyone in your group.   
    • I had a proc build with about 72 seconds recharge on overgrowth.  Damage was nice.  But the build got really clunky and was just uncomfortable to play.  But the damage vs higher con mobs went high.  But it didn't really make my pylon damage go down that much.   Because of the overall downtime of overgrowth, it canceled out the proc damage increase.

For your qeusiton about Hamio's. you can always slot in an Attuned Heal/Endo or Heal/Endo/Recharge, set piece in it's place,  or a regular Recharge IO, level 25 or 30 for your recharge options.    On my cone heal i'm currently using some Attuned Heal/Endo Set IO.  I can't remember which one, but it doesn't truly matter that much. You'r just using it for the Heal and Endo portion, so you don't have to match it with another set piece for a bonus. 

T1 pets dying in one hit???  What is this phenomenon that people speak of?

I haven't tested this build out yet. But This is what I'm considering for my next iteration.  Swarm is vastly over wasted with Apocolypse, but it gives me more total HP and more global recharge.   Which after playing many iterations, is what I think I want.   However, this may change after I respec and play it. If someone wants a travel power, they can always  drop Stealth, and pick up SuperSpeed or Super Jump.  You'd just lose a smidge of Defense, and about 1.5 seconds or so off of Overgrowth's recharge.   

Really, at this point, it just comes down to player preference.  It's probably a mental thing for me, but every second that Overgrowth is down, is like an eternity for me.  I notice that I start to watch the recharge count down on and I'm thinking to myself.  come on!  Come On!!  COME ON!!!    This build has a 62.81 Second recharge on Overgrowth.  

Hopefully I haven't overlooked anything.   

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3

Crazy Nature Stuff: Level 50 Science Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Beast Mastery
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
  • (3) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
  • (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (7) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Regrowth

• (A) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (40) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (40) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (42) Panacea - Heal

Level 4: Wild Growth

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (9) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
  • (11) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/Endurance
  • (11) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (13) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 6: Train Beasts

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 8: Call Swarm

• (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (13) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (17) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 10: Call Hawk

• (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (19) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (19) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff
  • (21) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • (21) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 12: Summon Lions

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage
  • (25) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 14: Maneuvers

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (29) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (29) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (31) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (31) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (31) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 16: Lifegiving Spores

• (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (33) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (33) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (33) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Panacea - Heal
  • (34) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge

Level 18: Fortify Pack

Level 20: Wild Bastion

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (34) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (36) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 22: Spore Cloud

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
  • (46) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff

Level 24: Stealth

Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (37) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura

Level 28: Combat Jumping

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (42) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 32: Tame Beasts

Level 35: Entangling Aura

• (A) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb
  • (45) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (45) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
  • (46) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • (46) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 38: Overgrowth

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (42) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41: Scorpion Shield

• (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (48) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 44: Assault

Level 47: Power Boost

Level 49: Hasten

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Swift
  • (A) Flight Speed IO
Level 2: Health
  • (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (7) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
Level 2: Hurdle
  • (A) Jumping IO
Level 2: Stamina
  • (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (9) Performance Shifter - EndMod
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1493;706;1412;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB6F125114C6EFC0500A855240286DA150FA6E610AEADA471F36AD609AA|
|055570DD241276929016AAC3B172E7C441337FE033E372E8D7165A335F15FD0C477|
|627DB4BAD50D1EEEF9DA9230C9E437F3CD797CE7DE99495F9A743C99BE7258286D1|
|34BD97279219D2D57F4D2B25158B46672865EC8E9820ECF44297B792D72225B592D|
|E9914C65359FB7921CDE8B5EC8AC2E2FAF14B4719D245459AB7F3E4E391A1758389|
|ACF1B05A3B2265C732B2B4B5A4ACF2EEAA5F205A3E896F733858B46D938672C5188|
|6327A26814CEDBE54DA6A8EB8BC1A9A291D3EAEAA7B3397DA76F80BC0DD03955BB9|
|047D522E6552192AA309D050F9924D523E004B3E99359F26DEF6EAE109D426AEF48|
|53585395602DCE2A0643603718660E4798D728C7AC708EB99D2E42AA680E30ED7EF|
|02FF774EC37CBFB69F26D416F4B0FF79E24CD8A59ACEBE4D54BF109F6DCAA817166|
|5B0C4C328F51AE0DB9B6ABA40DAAC2B36992BD3C5F98FBBE82DF98FE187B9AA1DC1|
|6E4B69CE1B5F39F64063E726CE003B3F33DF899E926C34E9EDDE2F4293227D80ADA|
|99DD2DA00374326FD0BAB9D0D7D5C35E2241B01B0C337B226088394B9EDDDC57B8D|
|1F726D5F3C28B7713F1DF99BD3FC09FE02F66DF16EFE175CAF5B117C5F7DC24B5F8|
|53A693666C47AF76F43A4EFD3BE0BDE314AF55DF69F015D71E780D6E806F987EAAD|
|7857A5DB29E5578490BA15EE831F71DBEC77B3BF200BC0F3E64C61E3153E4258C77|
|298C77E916CD13C57B1CDD605FB117E03A33FE12FCC7756E534E3FD6A07FB456C72|
|686C167647D086B3B843518C3FE8E61BFC7B0CF49EC6FD2C5F4D06CA3987714FEB6|
|1D4268F0ACA14794E2121CA724A025C1A05AF7AD56E910230D4AA241493628071A9|
|4830D4AAA5E89B3DFF49E569D5377FF11429119B636FA03E0E9969D9E625AA597B3|
|7FEF698A32ABC8AFB3699E5767BB3E7E88E3FFD4C7DFE5DD69BEC3AC35ACFE07201|
|4EBF7|

Watching the evolution of your build is downright fascinating. Dad was a NASA engineer and I grew up fascinated by the process of making...just about anything, really, even the making of stuff where I had no particular interest in the end result. When I do have that interest, it's even better to see the iterating.

Each game of chess means there's one less

Variation left to be played

Each day got through means one or two

Less mistakes remain to be made

I bit the bullet and did a respec.  I did change up something from the prior post.  I dropped Stealth and added Hover.  Just another quality of life thing, I just wasn't a fan of stealth.  I like to see my character.  The build "feels" good to me.   I did some groups and then did a couple quick cruises through solo +3x8.   I do have the second Tier "Musculature Core Boost" now, but I'm still not level shifted.  This isn't an uber DPS build.  It is just a relaxing cruise build. 

This build gives Power Boosted Health Absorb HP value of 674.8 HP to anything affected by it!  Non Power Boosted +HP absorb is just 506.6 HP.  Unless I did some math wrong.  Here are the results...

My HP:  1026.1

After Power Boosted Bastion:  1700.9 HP

T1 Wolves:

Base: 574.95

After Power Boosted Bastion:  1249.75 HP

T2 Lioness:

Base:  768.83

After Power Boosted Bastion:  1443.63 HP

T3 Dire Wolf:

Base:  963.81

After Power Boosted Bastion:  1638.61 HP

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.3

Spoiler

Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Summon Wolves    
 (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage
 (3) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
 (3) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
 (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
 (7) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 1:    Corrosive Enzymes    
 (A) Accuracy IO

Level 2:    Regrowth    
 (A) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
 (7) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge
 (9) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
 (9) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
 (11) Panacea - Heal

Level 4:    Wild Growth    
 (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
 (13) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
 (15) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/Endurance
 (15) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
 (17) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 6:    Train Beasts    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 8:    Call Swarm    
 (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
 (17) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
 (19) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (19) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
 (21) Apocalypse - Damage
 (21) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 10:    Call Hawk    
 (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
 (23) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
 (23) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff
 (25) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
 (25) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
 (27) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 12:    Summon Lions    
 (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (27) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage
 (29) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (29) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance
 (31) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage
 (31) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 14:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
 (31) Red Fortune - Defense
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (33) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 16:    Lifegiving Spores    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
 (34) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
 (34) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
 (36) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
 (36) Panacea - Heal
 (36) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge

Level 18:    Fortify Pack    

Level 20:    Wild Bastion    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
 (37) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
 (37) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
 (37) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
 (39) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
 (39) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 22:    Spore Cloud    
 (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
 (39) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff

Level 24:    Hover    

Level 26:    Summon Dire Wolf    
 (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance
 (40) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance
 (40) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage
 (40) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (42) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance
 (42) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura

Level 28:    Combat Jumping    

Level 30:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
 (42) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
 (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
 (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
 (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 32:    Tame Beasts    

Level 35:    Entangling Aura    
 (A) Superior Entomb - Recharge/Chance for +Absorb
 (45) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
 (45) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
 (46) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
 (46) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 38:    Overgrowth    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO
 (46) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41:    Scorpion Shield    
 (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
 (48) Red Fortune - Defense
 (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
 (50) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
 (50) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 44:    Assault    

Level 47:    Power Boost    

Level 49:    Hasten    
 (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Run Speed IO

Level 1:    Supremacy    
Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Empty

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) Flight Speed IO

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Miracle - +Recovery
 (11) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
 (13) Performance Shifter - EndMod

------------

Hex Dump for Import:

Spoiler

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1487;703;1406;HEX;|
		|78DA6594C96F126118C6BF81A1C8D242C152DAB2B676A703A86797AEB1826982563|
		|D11428776929612A089F5E6C1834B34F1E23FE07AF1688C271BAD89FF8226EE8975|
		|69F5AA177CF9DEA72D0993901FF37CEFF27CEF3733E94B93CE2733578E0BC53DB19|
		|CAB54B2E95CA5AA97578CE282359337F4625E17747926CAB9CBEB9133B9EA5A598F|
		|64AA6B858295E4F07E7436B3B6B2B25AD4C675925065BD717D9C72342E903D59281|
		|845A3BA2E5C73ABABCB5A4ACF2DE8E5CA925172C8FBE9656371A9EADC5D2B19C545|
		|BBBCC994747D21305532F25A43E5742EAFEF76F493AB01FA4DD5FFC8AB6611F3AA1|
		|04955982E82C74C92EA097082D9F2C92CF9B66F2F57886E21B577A429ACA94AA01E|
		|67152D41E681101866DA23CC6B94635638C7DC497F82AA70FA996D3EF02FF7741F3|
		|6CBFB19F26D416F4B947B4F9266C55EAC1BE4D54BF109F6ECD1C038F3600C4C32A7|
		|29D7865CDB55D20655E1DB32C95EBE2F4CFF57F01BB33BC69E4E51AE03B98E0B3CB|
		|BEEB3CCC0478E0D7C6086DE839F99ED64B895F76E69ED50644EA88D19B1830ED0C9|
		|8CB6326FD0DC5CE8EB8AB29768000C31FBC260040C3267C9733BF715EDE87B93EA7|
		|9E1C5BBC57187BE833FC09FCC815FE0369FE175CAED602F4AC77393D4069E326DB4|
		|C74EF4EA94BDACE234F5EF82F7AE733CABC1F3E02BAE3DF89A39BC09BE61FAA85E0|
		|FEAF5A09E97B420EA051F73DFE17B7CB6230FC0FBE04366EC1133455EC27896C278|
		|966ED17E7AF11CF76EB2AFD80B708339F612FCC7756E534E3F66D03F5AAF631363E|
		|033B23E84D90E61DE719C6F1CE71DC7392771BE4917D3437B1BC57E47E16FC72984|
		|06CF1A7AF4525C82E39404B42418501BDED51A5D62A449493429C926E5489372B44|
		|949352A63EC37BDAFD5E6D4BD6F84506486CD4D5F00AC6EDB6915BB55FA38FBF7BE|
		|A628B38A7C3BEDF33C9D9DC6F8218EFFD3187F974FC77987596F58FB0F7087E951|

Pretty much all the solo battles against grouped mobs goes just like this.  Unless I mess something up.  When you pop your buffs. Us this order so that the buffs take advantage of the big endurance discount.   PB > Overgrowth > Wild Bastion > Wild Growth.  

Example Fight Battle:

Edited by SmalltalkJava

10 hours ago, ParaBruce said:

Out of curiosity, with examplaring in mind, @Redlynne, do you have any general-purpose suggestions for alternatives to the Hami-Os? I exemplar a lot and was giving them the side-eye while admiring the rest of @SmalltalkJava's work a lot.

Pretty much the only time I resort to use of Hami-Os in a build is when there just isn't a superior alternative among IOs.  For certain edge cases, a +3 HO offers better enhancement values for 2 aspects than a corresponding +5 set IO with 2 aspects of enhancement.  It just really depends.  The whole idea is that if you can squeeze more performance out of an HO than you can out of an IO for that specific purpose, and you don't need the slot to support a set bonus, use the HO instead of the IO.  Fortunately, the number of cases where that is true tends to be somewhat few and far between.  The HOs will exemplar "just fine" like a regular IO would.  Best way to think about HOs is that they're "multi-SOs" for enhancement values in terms of how they work.

The trick is that some HOs offer combinations which simply aren't available (or aren't available at that degree of enhancement strength) from set IOs.  Damage/Mez in particular is something that you can only do with HOs.  For Damage/Mez powers, I like to use a pair of +3 Damage/Mez HOs and then pick up the "leftover" enhancement values needed from the other slots, which often results in a frankeslotting for that kind of a power.  Note that this can produce some really wacky frankenslotting, such as putting a pair of +3 Accuracy/Mez HOs with a pair of +3 Damage/Range HOs into a power like Terrify out of the Mind Control powerset which then gives magnificent Accuracy, Damage, Range and Terrify duration in a mere 4 slots ... leaving the last 2 slots of Endurance and Recharge and/or a proc of some kind to round things out.

Best answer I can give you is to cross-check your own assumptions in slotting by making liberal use of the Flip To Alternate option on the slots of a single power by using Shift+Right Click on it.  Slot 2 different configurations of enhancements into the power and then just flip back and forth repeatedly to get a sense for what the different options "do" to not only that specific power but the performance of the rest of your build.  This helps you iterate your way towards making all the "best" choices you can for how you want to build your character.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

ok, damn,  I swear i'm about done!   I did some more quick testing with procs in T1 Wolves.  So far I'm really liking this setup.  I lose a smidge of health for the absorb,  but the procs seem to be working pretty well.   

(3) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

(5) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage
 (7) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage

I've been doing some Rikti Pylons.  Mainly to get used to  using the attacks on the MM, but also I've been trying out different slotting options on the T1 Wolves.  Once I get used to doing pylons I'll make a couple videos.    

Notes,

• If your doing pylon testing with this build.  Turn off Entangling Aura. It doesn't seem to affect the pylons and with it turned off you don't have to worry about endurance at all.
  • So far Achilles Heel Proc gave me the fastest Pylon kill   at 2 minutes 19 seconds.

(3) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
 (7) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

• 1 month later

I've been catching up on older threads and this one was enjoyable.

I am glad more people are appreciating the mastermind personal attacks. I did get some flack about taking any of them at all back in the day; I would tell people I was messing around with procs or slotting for debuff or whatever and still got a lot of "Sure, Jan" comments. Anyway in this case there's another reason to take all 3 attacks if you can, and that is the chance of getting another stack of Pack Mentality. Mmmm, crits. 

As to the dissonance of the call ravens cone all I can say is, if you're in the right place to shoot the baddies, you're in the right place to cast regrowth by 5'.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 2 weeks later

I think it was this one.  

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Summon Wolves

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen
  • (3) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
  • (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (7) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 1: Corrosive Enzymes

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Regrowth

• (A) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (7) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge
  • (9) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (9) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Panacea - Heal

Level 4: Wild Growth

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (13) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection
  • (15) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/Endurance
  • (15) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (17) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 6: Train Beasts

Level 8: Call Swarm

• (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (17) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (21) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (21) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 10: Call Hawk

• (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (23) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (23) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff
  • (25) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
  • (25) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (27) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 12: Summon Lions

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage
  • (29) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage
  • (31) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets

Level 14: Maneuvers

• (31) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (33) Red Fortune - Endurance
  • (34) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 16: Lifegiving Spores

• (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (34) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (34) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (36) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Panacea - Heal
  • (36) Panacea - Endurance/Recharge

Level 18: Fortify Pack

Level 20: Wild Bastion

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (37) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (39) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance
  • (39) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 22: Spore Cloud

• (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
  • (39) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff

Level 24: Hover

Level 26: Summon Dire Wolf

• (A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (40) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura

Level 28: Combat Jumping

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (42) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge
  • (43) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance
  • (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 32: Tame Beasts

Level 35: Entangling Aura

• (A) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold
  • (45) Superior Entomb - Hold/Recharge
  • (46) Superior Entomb - Accuracy/Hold/Endurance
  • (46) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold

Level 38: Overgrowth

• (46) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41: Scorpion Shield

• (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (48) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (48) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 44: Assault

Level 47: Power Boost

Level 49: Hasten

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2: Rest

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1542;731;1462;HEX;|
		|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EFB4536A1FD042A5BCFAA4F21ACAB403AE7DF08C480D491|
		|575459A328549A0346D49C49D0B173EA2891BFF019F1B97C6B8928826FE0B9AA051|
		|13F101BAD54D3DCCF9689B7492C96FE6BBF79CF3DD73EF4CEACAA4FBD9CCB59342F|
		|24EAC664AA5C554A654D68B6B467EC99ECE1A7A3EAB0BBADA268A99AB9B917399F2|
		|46518FA4CB1BB99C9DE4706DF6627A636D6D3DAF8EEB2421CB66FDF838C5A89C60F|
		|1742E67E48DF2A6F0CCAFAFAFAA737A66492F96568C82CB7C9F5E359657CAEEC3B1|
		|82915F769A2FE982AE2F05A60A4656ADCB9CCA64F5C38A9DE44AA17BEAE04148745|
		|76C624116429385E53278C262523E054E309BB6883E59BC8F095C1521BA8539F621|
		|C6D94893A5809534BB680A328F84C030D31961DEA018ABC431D60E7A08CAC2DDC96|
		|CF1837FAD667EEFA8D57C9F21DF36D4B645B9F6246976D66C7678F426D9739B0A26|
		|9847E3A0C69CA65807621DD7491B90857FD762D6F27F61767E05BF31BBE3ECE90CC|
		|5BAD043D725EE5DF77966E013CF0D7C648676C0CFCC5632DCCC6BB735B74B664CA8|
		|851971822ED0C38C36336F51DF3CF0EC89B29768000C31636130020699B3E4B9553|
		|23D8B56D4BD4DF97CF0E2DBE579C7BE833FC09FCCFE5FE01EEFE14D8A6D672F52FB|
		|4B8BA9F53F673A688D1D9C577498B5ECE22CD5EF42CFBA2E70AF062E82DB9C7BE02|
		|D73E80DF88EE9A77C3DC8D7837C3ED282E845F029D71D7AC07BAB3C021F828F99F1|
		|27CC39F212C6590AE32CDDA1F5F4E21CF76EB3AFF82B708B39F21AFCC779EE524C1|
		|F7AD0377C90C72146C017647D10BD1D44BF13D8DF04F63B817DD6B0BF1AF6BB8DD6|
		|368CF50EC3DFBE5B08159E55D4E8A579499E2725A1696040AEFB562B7409A541493|
		|6285A8332D6A01C6F50E6EA9511F69BAA699579B9FA8F109219E1F0D21F00A37B4E|
		|1AC56AA51847FFAE6992342B995FA77381BBB35F3F7F90E7FFA99F7F9F77C77D8F9|
		|954AA7FBC4AA2EE794CA99EC8CAA852FDA22B9A5273FE1FA7CAF006|

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Swift
  • (A) Flight Speed IO
Level 2: Health
  • (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (11) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
Level 2: Hurdle
  • (A) Jumping IO
Level 2: Stamina
  • (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (13) Performance Shifter - EndMod
Level 1: Alpha Howler Wolf 

Level 1: Howler Wolf 
Level 26: Dire Wolf 
Level 12: Lioness 
Level 1: Pack Mentality 
------------

• 2 years later
On 9/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, SmalltalkJava said:

Yes.  That is what I need to work on next. Getting damage up!   If anyone has slotting ideas for my MM attacks, beasts themselves or incarnates please put up suggestions.   As long as I don’t have to actually respec I can plug in and unslot stuff all day long.     

It may be too early to tell but I’m thinking that beasts may be in the Mercs range of overall damage.  But I need to test different attack and pet slotting ideas 

Beasts comparable to mercs damage? Absolutely not. On my Beast/Time, I see crits constantly.  I never use Fortify Pack. Once you use it, your pets lose the potential to crit. Throwing in those crits, and Beasts do great damage (tho mainly single target). I can't remember how I have mine slotted.

I sure do wish every primary had a "mule" power to slot the unique pet IOs. Necro,Thugs, and Demons can...why not the others?

16 hours ago, Destruye Arepas YV said:

I been leveling with your build ... so far its been good!

I have one question though, as I have never used it before and am pretty much a newbie with taunts ... but what is the use for provoke in the build?

Usually MMs that take Provoke keep their pets in bodyguard. By doing so, they will Provoke(aka Taunt) and try to get the aggro off of pets. Being 8n bodyguard mode, the damage I'd spread out between you and ALL your pets...thus helping you and your pets survive.  And depending on your secondary and what IO bonuses you chased, it's possible for you to have capped or near capped defenses, and some resist. So whatever damage actually hits you, after factoring in your defense and resistance,  that's what is spread out between you and your pets.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2021 at 1:30 PM, Xandyr said:

Usually MMs that take Provoke keep their pets in bodyguard. By doing so, they will Provoke(aka Taunt) and try to get the aggro off of pets. Being 8n bodyguard mode, the damage I'd spread out between you and ALL your pets...thus helping you and your pets survive.  And depending on your secondary and what IO bonuses you chased, it's possible for you to have capped or near capped defenses, and some resist. So whatever damage actually hits you, after factoring in your defense and resistance,  that's what is spread out between you and your pets.

Ah ah ... I get it ... there is still a lot I need to learn about MMs!  I knew about bodyguard mode but never realized this mechanic could be used like this hmm ...  Wow ...

Thanks for the explanation! 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

---------------------------------------

From Venezuela with Love!

---------------------------------------