Patch Notes for September 6th, 2019 (Bugfix Release)

Leandro

MAJOR ISSUE with the following..

• Gun Drone now taunts enemies it hits. In addition, enemies near the Turret should often prioritize attacking the Drone. This power now takes taunt and taunt set enhancements.

This ability provides excellent DPS addition to a devices blaster. If these now have taunt they will become absolutely worthless in higher difficulty content. As it stands right now a devices blaster can outdamage and generate more threat than its gun turrets which allow them to deal damage. I do think that this pet should have a second attack and lower defense of targets. Also should accept -defense sets as most machine gun fire does in COH. Otherwise I would recommend these turrets become substantially beefier if they are going to taunt. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rambolazer said:

MAJOR ISSUE with the following..

• Gun Drone now taunts enemies it hits. In addition, enemies near the Turret should often prioritize attacking the Drone. This power now takes taunt and taunt set enhancements.

This ability provides excellent DPS addition to a devices blaster. If these now have taunt they will become absolutely worthless in higher difficulty content. As it stands right now a devices blaster can outdamage and generate more threat than its gun turrets which allow them to deal damage. I do think that this pet should have a second attack and lower defense of targets. Also should accept -defense sets as most machine gun fire does in COH. Otherwise I would recommend these turrets become substantially beefier if they are going to taunt. 

I had been wondering about that myself, but I have never played a /devices blaster far enough to have direct experience with the gun drone so I don't know how survivable they actually are.

I'm not really sure what that change is meant to solve.

• Developer

The complaint has been the drones damage is not worth the continuous summoning.

At the time, also, the devices might be the only set without any form of aoe crowd control.

Giving drone a small amount of taunt allows the pet to serve as a temporary meat shield between the blaster and the enemies. In team content, the taunt should be nowhere near strong enough to steal aggro from a brute or tanker.

Between all it’s tools, a /dev blaster now should to more than enough damage, so increasing the damage of the drone is not a viable solution, nor turning it into an Achilles hill delivery mechanism.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Confused 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

How about providing Gun Drone with a mag 2 stun on a typical blaster cool down for some of the other AOE Crowd Control powers? Kinda like Spec OPs from mercenaries where they have the flashbang grenades?

I just don't want to see Gun drone, Devices Tier 9 power, get smacked in content that most teams run. The consistent damage that this gun drone provides is decent and when Procced it can actually become quite deadly. I love these devices changes, I just don't think a taunt on a pet that is already on a long recharge, costs a lot of endurance, and not bulky enough to stand up to enemy fire is the right solution. I may also be totally wrong, just initial thoughts have me giving some pushback on this one.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, Leandro said:
  • Blaster Devices:

Was gun drone going to get a Hp boost or some increase in durability? this thing is fragile, I dont expect it will last more than the time taken to cast it now if its taunting enemies.

• Thanks 2

Has hybrid and interface incarnate abilities been fixed to properly activate? Previously hybrids primary effect wouldn't turn on at all and interface would extremely rarely for extremely short duration.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

What bug? Is there a thread in the bug forum on it?

There is a thread on the warshade / peacekeeper forum about it.  It does proc, but it's rare - first time I slotted it I counted twice in a solo mission.  Five the next, zero the time after that.  For human-mode warshade, taking 4+ attacks to kill anything, I'd expect every other spawn clump.  Even accounting for how RNG likes to trick you, this felt really low.

But I don't know enough about how to parse the combat log to get exact numbers.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:25 AM, MrSnottyPants said:

There is a thread on the warshade / peacekeeper forum about it.  It does proc, but it's rare - first time I slotted it I counted twice in a solo mission.  Five the next, zero the time after that.  For human-mode warshade, taking 4+ attacks to kill anything, I'd expect every other spawn clump.  Even accounting for how RNG likes to trick you, this felt really low.

But I don't know enough about how to parse the combat log to get exact numbers.

since ive slotted it.. ive only seen it fire 4 times.. and i actively check my logs.. and that was 3 weeks ago.. also the numbers are all over the place when it did go off.. once it went off for 400hp.. got me real hype.. next it only healed for 70hp.. then another 70hp.. then another 400.. and i havent seen it since. i did a bug report.. and the moderator stated it was a known bug and currently they dont know how to fix.

and on that not the VEAT.. DOMINION OF ARACHNOS .. CHANCE TO TERRORIZE.. DOESNT SEEM TO BE FIRING AS WELL

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER

• Jimmy locked this topic