SR/MA ... NO GET HITSU!!

Redlynne

When I started playing in Issue 2 (yes, I started that long ago) ... I didn't even have a computer of my own to play the game on.  I would go to the computer lab at the university I was attending, sit down in front of a computer and INSTALL and PATCH for over an hour before I could play the game.  Since the computer I was at would wipe itself after I logged out, I had to install and patch every single time I wanted to play.  After a few months of doing this, a friend of mine took pity on me and gave me a computer I could install City of Heroes onto in order to play from home (on 56k dialup, no less) so I didn't have to keep using school computers in order to play the game.

My first character was a Martial Arts/Super Reflexes Scrapper ... and in those days, only Scrappers could use Martial Arts, and only Scrappers had Super Reflexes.

Before Enhancement Dysfunction hit, I was able to create what I called a NO GET HITSU!! build that was softcapped versus Melee, Ranged and AoE ... and I loved my Scrapper!

And then Enhancement Dysfunction hit without advance notice and ... my pride and joy character was BROKEN.  The build I'd been playing that had been surviving at the defense softcap full time couldn't survive anymore.  Even Minions could smack me around without breaking a sweat because Enhancement Dysfunction RUINED MY CHARACTER build.  Full stop.

I was so disgusted with Cryptic, and so disillusioned by their response to over 90% of the feedback being vehemently negative to the changes brought about by Enhancement Dysfunction that the game servers CRASHED and couldn't be brought back up for THREE DAYS.  And yet despite this "can you hear me NOW!?!" hatred coming from the community, Cryptic resolutely kept the slap in the face of Enhancement Dysfunction in place to make room for the forthcoming Invention System ... that it took them over TWO YEARS to actually get working and push onto the live servers.

During those two years between Enhancement Dysfunction coming out and destroying my favorite character and the "fix" for it two years later, I stopped subscribing to City of Heroes entirely and instead subscribed to World of Warcraft and played it quite happily.

Yes I'm still bitter about the debacle that was Enhancement Dysfunction, even after all these years.  Why do you ask?

But what redeemed City of Heroes for me was the Invention system, released in Issue 9.

I fired up the (then) new Mids Hero Planner, plotted out what I could do with Set Bonuses to return to the glory days of NO GET HITSU!!, discovered it was possible now to reclaim what I saw as my character's original "birthright" that had been stolen from me by Cryptic, and set about reclaiming my lost mantle of NO GET HITSU!! ... and it worked.  I came back to City of Heroes and stayed, going on to create other alts and other builds, which I would post on the forums (back then) for other people to admire/criticize/ignore.

Well, with Homecoming now being "a thing" I went trawling through the wayback machine capture of the old City of Heroes forums and found ... one of the versions of my character.  It was somewhere around 100 pages of topic threads deep in the forum, but I found the build that I'd posted.

Copy data hash.

Import into Pine ... and ... there is was.  A character build that was very close to what I ultimately settled upon which was capable of holding the aggro of FIVE RIKTI MAGUS all at the same time, as a Scrapper no less(!), on Mothership Mondays on Virtue.

The first time I pulled that stunt of holding the aggro of FIVE RIKTI MAGUS for upwards of 2 minutes while waiting for the "cavalry" to arrive to deliver the necessary DPS beatdown ... people were astonished to find me alive (and kicking!) under the dogpile, and "none the worse for wear" (as it were).  It got commented on in the chat channels.  People were impressed!

And then I did it AGAIN on the next Mothership Raid right after.

TWICE in the one run(!).

Now people were talking about me in the chat channels in AWE ... because Rikti Magus were "raid killers" ... and here I was holding the aggro of FIVE RIKTI MAGUS on me so they couldn't disrupt the raid, and I was only a Scrapper ... not a Tanker.

After that, I got something of a "reputation" for pulling this stunt, to the point where people would openly start joking in chat channels that if you wanted to know where my character was in the raid, just look for the pile of frustrated Rikti Magus who couldn't kill me and who couldn't get away from me before the Beatdown Crew arrived to find me at the bottom of yet another dogpile of FIVE RIKTI MAGUS again.

I would just say in local chat that "Rikti Magus are my natural prey." ... and return to the job of scooping them up so they couldn't go after anyone else.  Considering how they seemed to mess over so many other builds who couldn't withstand all the mez being thrown by that many Rikti Magus ... yeah, it's fair to say that my reputation on Mothership Raids was somewhat warranted.  ^_~

Good times.  *^_^*

But now, with Homecoming ... if I want to recreate that character and play the (signature) Martial Arts and Super Reflexes powersets, I'm not limited to the choice of Scrapper or Nothing anymore.

I always called my MA/SR Scrapper either a "Pocket Tank" or later a Scranktroller (due to the Stuns and Taunt) who would joyfully dive in head first to take the alpha from Malta Sappers who frightened the Tankers (and everyone else, frankly) on my teams so as to make things "safe" for them to wade in and steal all the aggro from me once the danger of the alpha strike was over with.  But the thing was, as a Scrapper who could barely get past the 45% Defense vs Melee/Range/AoE softcap, there were simply $Targets it was too dangerous to square off against directly because they either had +ToHit buffs or they had enough Levels and Accuracy to shift my protection scheme off the Defense Softcap and start doing an unacceptably high/fast amount of damage to my Scrapper, such that survival was doubtful when exposed for too long to incoming attacks.

In other words, my build was fantastic against Trash Mobs but had shortcomings against AVs and GMs.  My build could play aggro magnet against an AV ... for a little while ... but the (un)lucky hits were just coming in too frequently to be able to reliably survive for too terribly long.  It was just too dangerous for me to try and play aggro magnet against the REALLY heavy hitter AVs and GMs, since it only took 2 hits before I'd be faceplanted, and against them I wasn't at the Defense Softcap relative to their Level.

Well that changes NOW.

Behold ... the SR/MA Tanker ... new and improved using Pine for Issues 24+ ...

But before we get to the actual build (and yes, you'll want to peruse this in Pine if you're really interested) ... there are a few things I want to mention about some of the sneaky/tricky things I've gotten up to in this build.

What sort of sneaky/tricky things?

Well ... the kind of sneaky/tricky things that would have made Back Alley Brawler say a few choice words about the "clever use of game mechanics" ... kind of like how he reacted to watching Players use Oil Slick Arrow to mass rez entire Hamidon Raids after a raid wipe (and didn't know that was even possible).

Yeah ... kinda like that ... but since this post is getting long enough already with the trip down memory lane, I'll just put the important design points to pay attention to in the next post here.  :D

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Levels 25+ ... with Hover toggled off and Storm Kick +Defense (All) buff to self for 10s active:

• Melee Defense: 59.4%
  • Ranged Defense: 60.5%
  • AoE Defense: 59.4%

Animation arcanatimes of all Martial Arts attack powers:

• Thunder Kick: 1.056s
  • Storm Kick: 1.056s
  • Cobra Strike: 1.848s
  • Crippling Axe Kick: 1.848s
  • Dragon's Tail: 1.716s
  • Eagle's Claw: 2.772s

Total = 10.296s ... Storm Kick +Defense (All) buff to self lasts 10s

Eagle's Claw +33% Damage buff to self has 3s duration that begins 2.5 seconds after initiating animation.  So from 2.5-5.5s after activating Eagle's Claw animation, the buff is in effect. Using power activation queue while previous power is animating, you can use this +Damage buff on up to 3 power activations:

• Thunder Kick + Storm Kick + (Cobra Strike or Crippling Axe Kick or Dragon's Tail)

This functionally equates to the damage bonus of a Scrapper critical hit (+33% across 3 attacks), but for the Tanker version the chance of this bonus damage is 100% ... instead of merely being a higher chance for a critical hit on one attack after use of Eagle's Claw in the Scrapper version, which if used on Storm Kick is no better than a 50/50 chance for extra critical damage on a Scrapper.  So to my mind, this makes the Tanker version of Eagle's Claw superior to the Scrapper version, with respect to the self-buffing effect on follow up attacks after Eagle's Claw.

It also goes without saying that the Tanker version of Storm Kick is superior for the purposes of getting to the defensive softcap for incarnate content, where a 59% Defense is needed, than relying on debuffing of ToHit which is resisted (heavily) by +4 Foes, and especially by AVs and GMs (see PToD).

Taunt radius for Perfect Zinger in powers to proc on additional $Targets:

• Thunder Kick: 4ft Taunt radius, max 5 $Targets
  • Storm Kick: 6ft Taunt radius, max 5 $Targets
  • Cobra Strike: 9ft Taunt radius, max 5 $Targets
  • Crippling Axe Kick: 10ft Taunt radius, max 5 $Targets
  • Eagle's Claw: 10ft Taunt radius, max 5 $Targets
  • Warrior's Provocation: 15ft Taunt radius, max 5 $Targets

For reference, Dragon's Tail has an 8ft PBAoE radius and a max of 10 $Targets.

Odds of getting (at least) 1 Perfect Zinger proc for Psionic damage on $Targets within Target AoE Taunt radius of single target attack powers:

• 1 $Target = 1 - (0.8^1) = 20.0%
  • 2 $Target = 1 - (0.8^2) = 36.0%
  • 3 $Target = 1 - (0.8^3) = 48.8%
  • 4 $Target = 1 - (0.8^4) = 59.04%
  • 5 $Target = 1 - (0.8^5) = 67.232%

Quick show of hands.

Who thinks that being able to successfully proc a chance for damage Set IO approximately half the time (or better...) against groups of $Targets every 2-3 seconds (instead of every 10 seconds in damage/aura toggles) sounds like a good idea?

Thunder Kick is slotted to give a chance for +Resist (All) buff to self, and you want to use Thunder Kick approximately once per 10 seconds to apply the Bruising debuff to Resistance on your $Target.  Considering that an attack chain with all six damaging attack powers will take ~10.3 seconds to animate, this looks like a pretty good fit if you're going to use them all in a row before repeating.

Storm Kick is slotted to give a chance for +Absorb, and also natively offers +10 Defense (All) for 10 seconds.  The best offense is one that increases your defense (for the next 10 seconds) to keep you above the 59% Incarnate Trial Defensive Softcap.

Aid Self is also slotted to give a chance for +Absorb.  This ought to make this build VERY hard to faceplant, barring "double snake eyes" (un)lucky hits in rapid succession.  Given the amount of Defense on this build (over 59% to Melee/Ranged/AoE), that ought to be very unlikely indeed.  Not impossible, mind you ... just VERY unlikely.  Also, thanks to all that Defense, so long as you're not standing in DoT damage, you can almost ignore the Interrupt time on Aid Self and heal yourself through large quantities of incoming attacks almost with impunity.  Just don't stand on the Caltrops (or equivalent) while trying to use Aid Self.

I even found room for a Kismet global buff IO and a Reactive Defenses Scaling Resist IO to try and stack with the scaling resistances that Super Reflexes has built into it.

It will be necessary to do a Shift+Right Click on Tactics to "flip to alternate" on its slots and fill in 5 of the 6 slots (minus the proc) in order to see what correct Accuracy scores are on powers in the absense of the Gaussian's Build Up proc effect.  Note that doing this will remove the 6 slot bonus for +2.5 Def vs Melee/Ranged/AoE from the performance totals of the build, but will at least allow for non-Build Up enhancement throughput metrics to be viewed (Accuracy, Damage and Endurance drain for toggles) for the 95% of the time when the Build Up proc is not active.

The Force Feedback proc in Dragon's Tail really only serves as a meaningful "accelerator" for two powers in this build ... Practiced Brawler and Focus Chi ... although it can also yield side benefits to Injection and Aid Self.  The Martial Arts attack powers will also be "accelerated" in their recharge times, but rarely will it be worthwhile to disrupt an attack chain sequencing in order to exploit that reduction in recharge times.  Each proc of Force Feedback will shorten the recharge time of Focus Chi by approximately -2 seconds per proc (due to the already high recharge enhancement stacked onto the power).

In the context of Focus Chi in this build, a single proc of Force Feedback is the equivalent to having another +14.5% global recharge added from set bonuses ... and Force Feedback can be successfully procced repeatedly (once per attack) over successive uses of Dragon's Tail, and is in fact increasingly likely to do so when used in $Target rich environments (which is why you always want to put the Force Feedback proc into AoE Knock* powers if at all possible, due to the multiple chances to proc when hitting multiple $Targets).  With three procs of Force Feedback in Dragon's Tail within a 30 second time span, the recharge time on Focus Chi can be lowered to 29.7 seconds from 35.7 seconds ... a 19.3% increase in the cyclical (animation+recharge) uptime of Focus Chi ... which is "not bad" for slotting a single IO into a single attack power.

So use Dragon's Tail with this Set slotting when "dogpiled" by $Targets for "best results" that benefit uptime on Focus Chi.  Also note that if a "filler" power (like, say ... Victory Rush) were swapped out for Hasten ... and Hasten were somehow made perma (even though there aren't enough spare slots to do so) ... the recharge time on Focus Chi would only fall to 27.9 seconds.  Considering that every time Force Feedback procs, the recharge time of Dragon's Tail falls down to 4.5 seconds, and with a 1.716 second arcanatime animation, that means that Dragon's Tail could theoretically be used every 6.216 seconds ... and if successfully procced every time, you could achieve 4 procs within 27.9 seconds (with 3 seconds to spare no less) ... meaning that Focus Chi would drop about 8 seconds off its recharge for a total recharge time of ... ~27.7 seconds.  Again ... that's "not bad" for slotting a single IO into a single attack power, rather than needing to take a power AND an extra slot (or two) in order to make room for perma-Hasten.

All things considered, this build is somewhat endurance "hungry" in part because with all of the toggles but Hover running net endurance recovery stands at barely over +1.7 per second absent use of Click powers ... and with Hover running is closer to +1.6 per second.  This is part of the motivation for wanting to include Victory Rush as a means of having an option to "refuel" endurance every 5 minutes from defeated $Targets, to the benefit of everyone on the team.

And lastly ... yes ... I'm taking Leadership toggles (all of them) instead of going the "standard" route of taking the Fighting Pool and Combat Jumping.

Why?

Because my character is So Good At What I Do™ that simply being NEARBY to my character makes everyone else better/stronger at what they do ... whatever that may be.  Add me to your (Level 25+) team, and EVERYONE improves ... no questions asked.  And best of all, Leadership toggle bonuses STACK from other characters.  So given the choice between making myself safer/better at the expense of everyone else, or making everyone I team with better at the expense of slightly reduced soloist performance ... I'd rather have the Leadership Pool toggles than the Fighting Pool toggles.  Trust me, it makes a difference.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Tanker

Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes

Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Medicine

Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Focused Fighting

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
  • (3) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
  • (5) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (5) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25
  • (9) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 10

Level 1: Thunder Kick

• (A) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
  • (23) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
  • (23) Might of the Tanker - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (25) Might of the Tanker - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (25) Might of the Tanker - Recharge/Chance for +Res(All): Level 27
  • (27) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 2: Storm Kick

• (A) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
  • (29) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
  • (29) Gauntleted Fist - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
  • (31) Gauntleted Fist - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
  • (31) Gauntleted Fist - RechargeTime/+Absorb: Level 27
  • (31) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 4: Hover

• (A) HamiO: Microfilament Exposure (+2 End/Fly/Jump/Run)

Level 6: Practiced Brawler

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50
  • (7) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 8: Focused Senses

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
  • (9) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
  • (11) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (11) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (13) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
  • (13) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27

Level 10: Warrior's Provocation

• (A) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 12: Evasion

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
  • (15) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
  • (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (19) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 27
  • (21) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25
  • (21) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

Level 14: Dodge

• (A) Defense Buff IO: Level 50
  • (15) Defense Buff IO: Level 50

Level 16: Agile

• (17) Defense Buff IO: Level 50

Level 18: Lucky

• (19) Defense Buff IO: Level 50

Level 20: Cobra Strike

• (A) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
  • (33) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
  • (33) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (33) Rope A Dope - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50
  • (34) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15
  • (34) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 22: Injection

• (A) Siphon Insight - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

Level 24: Aid Self

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 27
  • (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
  • (43) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
  • (43) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
  • (43) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
  • (45) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 27

Level 26: Quickness

• (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50

Level 28: Crippling Axe Kick

• (34) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
  • (37) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50
  • (42) Debilitative Action - Disorient Bonus: Level 10
  • (42) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 30: Maneuvers

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
  • (45) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
  • (45) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (46) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
  • (46) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
  • (46) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27

Level 32: Tactics

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
  • (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
  • (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
  • (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
  • (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
  • (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 35: Dragon's Tail

• (A) Scirocco's Dervish - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
  • (36) Scirocco's Dervish - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
  • (36) Scirocco's Dervish - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
  • (36) Scirocco's Dervish - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
  • (37) Scirocco's Dervish - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
  • (37) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21

Level 38: Eagles Claw

• (39) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
  • (39) Mako's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Rope A Dope - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50
  • (40) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus: Level 15
  • (40) Perfect Zinger - Chance for Psi Damage: Level 21

Level 41: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 44: Focus Chi

• (50) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 47: Vengeance

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 49: Victory Rush

• (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 1: Gauntlet

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 15

Level 2: Rest

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift

Level 2: Health

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - Heal: Level 31
  • (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO: Level 50

Level 2: Stamina

• (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50
  • (3) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: Task Force Commander

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

------------

------------

Set Bonus Totals:

• 8.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 8.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 2.81% Defense(Smashing)
  • 2.81% Defense(Lethal)
  • 2.81% Defense(Fire)
  • 2.81% Defense(Cold)
  • 3.75% Defense(Energy)
  • 3.75% Defense(Negative)
  • 5.63% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 5.63% Defense(AoE)
  • 1.8% Max End
  • 27% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 48.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 147.6 HP (7.88%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 48.75%
  • 2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  • 52% (4.06 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 12.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 12.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 6% Resistance(Fire)
  • 6% Resistance(Cold)
  • 6% Resistance(Energy)
  • 6% Resistance(Negative)
  • 4.5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 4.5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 0% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 0% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 0% Resistance(Fire)
  • 0% Resistance(Cold)
  • 0% Resistance(Energy)
  • 0% Resistance(Negative)
  • 0% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 0% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

------------

Set Bonuses:

Luck of the Gambler

(Focused Fighting)

•   10% (0.78 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •   21.08 HP (1.13%) HitPoints
  •   9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  •   3.75% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  •   7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Might of the Tanker

(Thunder Kick)

•   2% DamageBuff(All)
  •   35.14 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  •   4.5% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 7.5%, MezResist(Held) 7.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 7.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 7.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 7.5%, MezResist(Confused) 7.5%

Gauntleted Fist

(Storm Kick)

•   1.8% Max End
  •   3.75% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  •   3.13% Defense(Melee), 1.56% Defense(Lethal), 1.56% Defense(Smashing)

Red Fortune

(Focused Senses)

•   1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •   1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •   2% DamageBuff(All)
  •   5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  •   2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative)

Luck of the Gambler

(Evasion)

•   21.08 HP (1.13%) HitPoints
  •   3.75% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%

Reactive Defenses

(Evasion)

•   0% Resistance(All)

Preventive Medicine

(Aid Self)

•   2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •   3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  •   3.75% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  •   8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  •   GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Red Fortune

(Maneuvers)

•   1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •   1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •   2% DamageBuff(All)
  •   5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  •   2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative)

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control

(Tactics)

•   7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  •   2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  •   2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  •   2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Scirocco's Dervish

(Dragon's Tail)

•   2.25% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •   3.13% Defense(AoE), 1.56% Defense(Fire), 1.56% Defense(Cold)

Luck of the Gambler

(Vengeance)

Numina's Convalesence

(Health)

•   12% (0.94 HP/sec) Regeneration

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1508;692;1384;HEX;|
|78DA6D94594F135114C7EFB4534AF7959D9682405BBA48A3890BA2B29B480D717B3|
|3CD0817189D143253143431A23131AE899FC1F5C5CFE5869AF86CEA61CE1F9C8736|
|99FEEE9CEDFEEF393353DD9E0D7E5ED83D2794E08CA15956EDAA56BF2D4DEF25ADB|
|1656A86D8FF79E94AB1BD362B5765DD92E52B5B9B747759AE1A725B5A3DF056A521|
|65B9AA990D5D336A5366C31281A58D0DA33C6FE86BEB8D90BDAECA157D59AFCB887|
|DB728B515695AEBFA669023F5465D5A56626E535F2ECFD5A5B9B653AB6A56439A3B|
|DDA4234FD7894EFA53F695353D224A8B5E55B8624C350126996D1DC46E55B4FFA57|
|09F2ACE3B739FBAED98CE67E07366F70BF025B3D772099154C514E52AC8551EA8B6|
|AFFF21B8CB4C3F021F83C8F55113DD76379BC23D4168738BD354CFC3F5144F81502|
|1BDE049F279B197D7CF67690F30FD4130C40C86C1087386727DD8CB87FDCF902D80|
|7A01F42C8C9E45D1B3387A9644CF927F4871421513941B82CE509AF585C153E48BC|
|017812D0A4E922F065F0CB638384DBE046BF42426B91F9903DEE298CC7DC5E6E045|
|BA0F13719634F5B203E7EB08B8ED9801B275A15ED7179E5BFE2B73EC1BF81DFCC12|
|CEE31CF92961ED6297A4ABCF73CD9FA50AF0FBA06C161E8CBBE617DF9D78AFD6CE5|
|A12F465A52E8750AB32B627645CCAE84D99530BB126697A0DC01E40EBC75D9B6A3E|
|FC0F7E00766E523F889F75D20CD43D03C7447D8BE2377C16D7087397C0F7CC2B917|
|287704B92338E7E80171DE51CC238B796471DE3869CEA17FB9418E9DA37A05AEA71|
|4F04C57C024C59731BF329EB557B4F9386CE3198EEB57057E4DD2CAB6BC7AF8FE36|
|C79C7ECC6DBC85ADD2C276AC85ED780BDBA2D3E673D9E75E5221816C0ACEE48B1EB|
|EDFCD3DFFE1774228A8F3EBBF4D51AED1224DDF95EBC4942A7E3AE3731CFFDB198F|
|7EB8C025FFBE95F7BAE1586B8EF54DC7FA1F785BB8B4|

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

What incarnates would you slot for this character?

• I haven't started playing yet (as of the time I'm writing this post).
  • I haven't really thought about what Incarnates I'd want to slot into this build all that much ... mainly because I'd want to get a feel for how it actually plays, relative to my experience of playing as a MA/SR Scrapper who would sometimes (legitimately) tell other Katana Scrappers on my teams "My sneakers are doing more damage than your sword!" and it would be a true statement.
  • I need to do /em newspaper again while waiting for Paragon Protectors to get over their MINUTES of Glory in order to more seriously answer this question.  ^_~

Ghost_Widow_Emote_Newspaper.gif

IifneyR.gif

• 2 weeks later

What incarnates would you slot for this character?

• I haven't started playing yet (as of the time I'm writing this post).
  • I haven't really thought about what Incarnates I'd want to slot into this build all that much ... mainly because I'd want to get a feel for how it actually plays, relative to my experience of playing as a MA/SR Scrapper who would sometimes (legitimately) tell other Katana Scrappers on my teams "My sneakers are doing more damage than your sword!" and it would be a true statement.
  • I need to do /em newspaper again while waiting for Paragon Protectors to get over their MINUTES of Glory in order to more seriously answer this question.  ^_~

Ghost_Widow_Emote_Newspaper.gif

It has been a week.  What are your thoughts?  I was curious on why 2 recharges in PB as it is perma with one, the attack chain, and how is your endurance.

It has been a week.  What are your thoughts?  I was curious on why 2 recharges in PB as it is perma with one, the attack chain, and how is your endurance.

I've got NINE ALTS TO FEED ... and my SR/MA is only Level 5 so far.  Might be a little while before I'm in a position to (usefully) pontificate on Incarnate options for this build ...

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

• 3 weeks later

Still working on it.  ^_~

If I spent less time playing the forums and more time playing the game, I'd be getting to 50 faster.

The thing is, I'm not in a hurry to get to 50 ...

IifneyR.gif

I wanted to see what this would look like as a brute. Its very close. Some things the brute gets better and some the tanker gets better. You would have to improve the defenses some with an alpha slot to get the tanker levels of defense.

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 2.22

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Biker Brute: Level 50 Mutation Brute

Primary Power Set: Martial Arts

Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Medicine

Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:

Level 1: Thunder Kick -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(17), PrfZng-Dam%(17)

Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(3), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(5), Ksm-ToHit+(7)

Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(21), PrfZng-Dam%(23)

Level 4: Focused Senses -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(7), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def(11), RedFrt-EndRdx(11)

Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def(A)

Level 8: Warrior's Provocation -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)

Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)

Level 12: Agile -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(23)

Level 14: Injection -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A)

Level 16: Dodge -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(25)

Level 18: Crippling Axe Kick -- HO:Perox(A), HO:Perox(43), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(45), DblAct-Stun%(45), PrfZng-Dam%(46)

Level 20: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), LucoftheG-Def(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)

Level 22: Cobra Strike -- HO:Perox(A), HO:Perox(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RopADop-Acc/EndRdx(40), PndSlg-Stun%(40), PrfZng-Dam%(40)

Level 24: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(39)

Level 26: Dragon's Tail -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(27), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(27), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(29), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)

Level 28: Lucky -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(29)

Level 30: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(31), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), RedFrt-Def(33), RedFrt-EndRdx(33)

Level 32: Eagles Claw -- HO:Perox(A), HO:Perox(34), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RopADop-Acc/EndRdx(36), PndSlg-Stun%(36), PrfZng-Dam%(36)

Level 35: Quickness -- Run-I(A)

Level 38: Focus Chi -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 41: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(42), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(43), GssSynFr--Build%(43)

Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 47: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 49: Victory Rush -- EndMod-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Fury

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Heal(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(50)

------------

|MxDz;1450;670;1340;HEX;|
|78DA6594C96ED3501486AF1B870E999B0E29CDD8D0A44346C116A19652241A4B158|
|87514A5B7608892C876A085150BB6807802042DC386570016B006CAF00A4C0524D6|
|289CF8FC29951CC5F972CF70CFB9BF8FAD6DAD789F9FBD754A289ED38D9A6956978|
|D8E2587B48E55B3F456D32584F02CEB57A591B41D83B48ED8FFAA9A6C4859D06A86|
|A5D71AD525C332A3EC58919BB269CAC2854E5B1AD5F372B321B7A429BCEBAD56A35|
|091B5B6DEBCE4B3179ADCD0EB7A5306FAAE0D699897F53687AEEA56539A66F84C5B|
|AF17968CBAA5D7AB5ACDB4A4B11DA13666E97A91A11F852ED1758B07D46C5915DE4|
|74CFF43708719DC05CD019B6FC5A1DC71C5B60D8C8141A61A0643CC237F293CA68A|
|97545741AEE2556DDF6800F433C78260883981BAEF28CB855CD708F6F53087BCA08|
|F39E20703CC09D2DFCDB9C28D5E2BF342F46E4BCF36881A7BB41AE638657851B02E|
|E0FBDE2D85CF1367DB0418A78D7CD8CBE761BD3ED02A80F800E222E01ED50E71BC3|
|B7492A0BAC40298BBC231B9FBDC67EEAE626B97478F1FC91D860E61E89F87EE79E8|
|5D84FE459CB5F8877B7A45FA8FA3EE38EA65FA44DDEC4DCEC9AEF5669688BA093AE|
|3247227BFF07E91AFCC63DFC0EFE00F66669FF99AEA4EA1E7A96B5CE7E875708B19|
|DD66266F3053B7B9EE275A4E43C769E8170543D4530CFBC6301371CC441C3311C74|
|C24311349CCC41BEA2981F324A041AA4F68918616E9359EDF34B4F84CCB19CCD34C|
|9E63B5797EB67A7DCE6266CA6098FA9C439F733BBCC7FC2EF8187CC25C780A3E638|
|E52EE226A2DA678BF7B54A880792BA0C61DB295602B25A1932AF0E9D2973E62C161|
|29392C6587E5B8C372C26159550FDE0BDD8AC3BBAEC24916C5B60C07E979664B777|
|FE4E0BD00EFAFFF1645B9C877A17C8E9855C54F47F4EFC3D1387B19FC07A4CCDFCE|

Making a few power and slotting changes, I was able to get the defenses up to the tanker values.

|MxDz;1484;678;1356;HEX;|
|78DA85944B6F125114C7EF94C13E8002525A6A79D95A5A684150B7C6B4D69A28933|
|41AD784D00B8C2594CC0C4A75E5C27D7DED8D8FAD5F415DE85AAD8FAFE0AB6AA226|
|BA307898F36F6D320B27C08F7B1EF79CFBBF07B4CE92F7D1E96B2784E239D9289B6|
|669D1685B72406B5B654B5F6FBA84109E457D4D1A49DBD14FEB88FDADA4C9869439|
|AD6C587AB9515A302C33CA8E2559954D53E6CEB75BD2289D93D586EC48537857D6D|
|71BB9A22CB7F466CD672F34B9AA57F4A6F4EFB856A561D6F5167B97F55ADDA2D8D0|
|A9965EC92D18154BAF94B4B269496323427DCCD3FB718A3E147A8BAE5BDCA56E0BA|
|AF0DE670EDF031F30030F41B3CFE60BB12737ACD8B6BE1130C054436090B9EF0F85|
|C754F184EA2AC855BCAAEDDBEF078799230130C81C45DD9794E542AE6B08FB7A980|
|35ED0C71C1A06FDCC51BA0037E70A377A2DA685E8DD4BCFD68F1A5BB41AE4386570|
|4EB02EE0ABDE9DC2E789B36D148CD3463EECE5F3B05EAF69E547BC1F7111708B6A0|
|739DE1DDCE473666E30E76F82B7C0DBCCEC1DE61BCA0A418710F44F43F734F4CE40|
|FF0CCE9AFDCE3D3D25FDC3A81B3E4E505D22B5C38BDCDBCC55CE9939DB1B5A22B44|
|9D019C7903BF69EF78B7C601EFA087E023F3353DBCC6754771CB9E397B8CE81CB60|
|8719DD6026AF300F5EE7BA6F6939011D27A05F140C524F316811C34CC4311371CC4|
|41C3391C44C243113CFA9A7047A4A5451B306D699533A086DA6D698EF089398A7C9|
|2CDB34BAD369DE4F99C6CCA44185FA9CC57CCC76E9112EB2CCA1F3B931C5FE75648|
|FB05A877F803FC15FCCC26FA64AB93954CFE1E637A9741E15F2A81A55059E2EBD7A|
|55330E4BDE6129382C471D96630ECBB2BAFBAFD02D3ABC2B2A9C64516CCB60807EC|
|D6CE96E0FEDFE2BC0FBF59F45512EF0090B678833AAF8E288FEB6373AC9672F80DD|
|FF3F7F018F86084D|

Um are you expecting to survive with that build? your s/l def is really low, and your s/l res is extremely low which most of the damage are, 40% def or more is what you are looking for, and for res is 90%

Nearly every attack in the game is tagged with one or more damage types and a position.  When the game is calculating the hit chance, it uses your highest applicable defense.  This means that you (generally) only need either positional defense or typed defense, but not both; SR is a positional defense set.

You mention that you're looking for "40% or more" defense, but that's a bit of a low target for a Defense set.  To floor basic enemies' hit chances to the game's minimum of 5%, you want 45% or more defense... ideally more, on a defense-focused set.  The difference is between enemies hitting you 10% of the time, or enemies hitting you only half as often; in other words, you're taking double damage by stopping at 40%.

I agree that the Brute build has lower S/L resist than I'd prefer.  I'd've gone with the Fighting pool over Leadership, and included some skipped Resistance bonuses.  However, SR has up to 50% (on Scrapper or Brute) resists that are not shown in the Pine's summary that take effect as the character loses health.

Without some familiarity with the game's mechanics, the summary screen can be misleading.  I'd recommend reading up on attack mechanics and some of the other game systems.  And welcome to CoH!

• Thumbs Up 1

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Um are you expecting to survive with that build? your s/l def is really low, and your s/l res is extremely low which most of the damage are, 40% def or more is what you are looking for, and for res is 90%

And welcome to CoH!

First off I was playing live for some years on either Justice or Freedom, and did the Tanker Tuesday Tour, second it has been years since I have actually did any builds I am trying to remember some of the stuff. Like I said it has been years, and thought it was 40, but then you reminded me of the 2 types of attacks something I forgot about. Thank you for that.

First off I was playing live for some years on either Justice or Freedom, and did the Tanker Tuesday Tour, second it has been years since I have actually did any builds I am trying to remember some of the stuff. Like I said it has been years, and thought it was 40, but then you reminded me of the 2 types of attacks something I forgot about. Thank you for that.

Certainly we all have a lot to refresh on; welcome back, in that case.  You seemed very confident in some bad information, which I've grown to associate with people learning from Twitch streamers.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Did you miss the melee, ranged and AoE defense being around 60%

Well I know I didn't miss that part ...

Levels 25+ ... with Hover toggled off and Storm Kick +Defense (All) buff to self for 10s active:

• Melee Defense: 59.4%
  • Ranged Defense: 60.5%
  • AoE Defense: 59.4%

IifneyR.gif

• 2 months later

Thank you very much for the indepth analysis of those two sets. It had great influence for my toon.

So far I played that build with some minor modification, Crane Kick instead of Cobra Strike and with just IOs, until Level 40. And I can say it is a lot of fun.

It is very survivable, eccept against Devouring Earth with their To-Hit-Buff. But since I played him just in teams so far, even that was no problem.

I have a great problem with endurance management and I will now start to slot Sets. I'll see how that inproves the performance.

You're quite welcome!

Best part is, there's been a lot of research into procs done since I posted this build, and I've "learned" a few other tricks since making this build that I'd want to incorporate into it, including better slotting of Health and Stamina for increased endurance recovery.  I'm also watching the Proc Monsters - Tanker Edition thread to see if any of my theories (such as the AoE-ness of Perfect Zinger in melee attacks) is borne out in testing ... because if not, I've got a different direction to go that's more Scranktroller-y than what I've got here (a mix of Immobilize, Stun and Knockdown procs in the Martial Arts attacks for sustained lockdown).  Needless to say, those testing results are going to influence the direction of any rebuilding that I'm going to be doing.

IifneyR.gif

|MxDz;1302;615;1230;HEX;|
|78DA75935B6F124114C767CB22722F2C50680B2CB5852A7143A389D7AA4DA988769|
|3468CAF6485A9AEAE407651C10763F5C5688D1FC1179F7CF01379896F5E5AF51BE0|
|61CEB1366E9C00BFDDFFB9CE19461F5443EF6A5BE799145AB50CC7695E333A77B8E|
|D6BB44CDE6971062B5EE3D60D6EABB5AEC5EFAAFA957ABDEE03398B9ECD2ADFE41D|
|876B8D7B3D78BBCA372D3EE04E86AC3AB738D774C3EE9B86D55CB1FB0E0B6C74BB9|
|6D6E871DE0E8B479DB7CD96D9E151F1B6CE8D36B79D5B66EFDF7765AD67B6B4B50E|
|B76F0E9BBAE1F4B93D4C43270BF03D91821F69DCEE486693F0B024B3891851411E4|
|C200349E485FD31CF3C424B3F474EBF40AADBC8C24BE44988912846A23A32D591FF|
|536705623C14E379240BEDC063E4F416527D822C3C459E86182FC648DE32C318E22|
|118BF0F6DCCE79F10DA2AF8FB196A7EF23B0B5A90EA06A9D710F51AA25E23D46B84|
|7ACD41EE30E5090771CF55C813454D8EBE07AD0423FE40FC88CC7D42163E23F3902|
|78631DED817CC13FF4AFC864C7C47A67690C55D8C3D05F514DABB92C3BD248867C0|
|96245B92B41471196C53649B222D4D3C07B60CCD2C7314B58BA0CDD0BE669601B28|
|7CDFEE16DF4C96D435016CEE7153206FBCAD24CB3019A5910391F228691C58824F6|
|A3404C9EFACABFC1F32A8D60B11A7430471DCCDDA7D37D401C1087C8F987C84B29F|
|CC78FB32D882C982B0E5516E9E41685F21AC65926A52C94B770B41A4D41138A0A51|
|15F2A908655666B446F0192B87E5BD7B323AE2B2565CCA924B39E6528EBB947597B|
|22153595024A1F827E126A132DA0DECDD44B2FEFCAB48D2759C7DF132F287CBFBD7|
|7E6F9509AF12F1376CA9E85A|

Btw. this is my build. At the Moment I'm transitioning from IOs to Sets. Ist a slow process, since influence is low. But I was able to Slot all three Def-Toggles with sets first, then Aid Self and Storm Kick is also done.

Next I am working  on Thunder and Crane Kick. The first steps are done and I'll test it out soon.

Edited by glutgolem

Nice to see some SR love in the tank realm. My SR/Fire/Pyre tank is 50 with several incarnate powers slotted but I haven't looked at him in a bit. The tank's normally anemic damage output isn't that bad after being backed by musculature, degen and assault. And he does not die. Ever.

Woot for SR!

• 4 weeks later

Thanks for sharing your story and the build.  Probably my top 1 or 2 favorite characters back on Live was my MA/SR Scrapper, Tommy Bruce (Champion Server).  Once I got into the mid 30s where I had enough slotting to really make SR shine, even after ED, it was a blast to play.  So on Homecoming, I re-rolled to a Brute.  Very fun so far - this character is sitting at level 34 and climbing quickly. 

Question for you.  How do you get around?  The only travel power I see is Hover.  Do you rely on Quickness/Swift/Run combo along with Ninja Run?  Then Hover for vertical needs?