Focused Feedback: Rage

Leandro

43 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Meenwhile the Defense sets have been extra handicapped the whole time though.  

So what you are saying is that since half of all the tanks and brutes have been hampered by a bad design choice, we should go ahead and make it a clean 100%?

Sorry, but I disagree with these changes.

1 minute ago, AsheTDust said:

So what you are saying is that since half of all the tanks and brutes have been hampered by a bad design choice, we should go ahead and make it a clean 100%?

Sorry, but I disagree with these changes.

No just that the penalty should be more fairly applied to affect both Res and Def sets.  

This isn't really a Tank Issue anyway.  Its a Brute issue.  Tanks can easily survive the crash.  

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

No just that the penalty should be more fairly applied to affect both Res and Def sets.  

This isn't really a Tank Issue anyway.  Its a Brute issue.  Tanks can easily survive the crash.  

Oh and we can't have the Willpower or Regen Tanks and Brutes getting away without some sort of penalty. So obviously they need to add significant -regen during the crash too. Its only fair...

6 hours ago, AsheTDust said:

Oh and we can't have the Willpower or Regen Tanks and Brutes getting away without some sort of penalty. So obviously they need to add significant -regen during the crash too. Its only fair...

Are you under the impression a defense debuff only hurts defense sets? It hurts everybody. So does the resistance debuff. Even if you have 0% defense, or 0% resistance, you can have negative values, making it much easier to hit you, and hit you harder.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I am very aware. Thank you for proving my point about not needing to adding -res. Defense is far easier to add to a build to compensate for the crash, res not so much.

Maybe your question should be directed at the Devs? They are the ones making unnecessary changes after all.

6 minutes ago, AsheTDust said:

I am very aware. Thank you for proving my point about not needing to adding -res. Defense is far easier to add to a build to compensate for the crash, res not so much.

Maybe your question should be directed at the Devs? They are the ones making unnecessary changes after all.

I agree with the devs. The crash should be spread across both res and defense as a means to even the crash for all sets.

Also keep on mind, they removed the crash if you dont stack. So treat this as a deterrent from using double rage to avoid a significant crash as opposed to an automatic 20% defense crash.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I agree with the devs. The crash should be spread across both res and defense as a means to even the crash for all sets.

Also keep on mind, they removed the crash if you dont stack. So treat this as a deterrent from using double rage to avoid a significant crash as opposed to an automatic 20% defense crash.

And this why I consider this unnecessary change a nerf. Simply put it is not needed.

Aside from this new Proc Monster build that came out have we gotten reports of SS setting records on the pylon test before?

No, no we haven’t.

So then clearly it’s not Fury that is causing such insane damage, it is the synergy with the procs.

Tell me, do we have test results trying this Proc Monster build on a TW/Bio scrapper? I would be interested to see if that build also saw a significant damage increase.

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

Also keep on mind, they removed the crash if you dont stack.

I thought there was a post saying they were reverting the ability to bypass the crash in a future patch? That would make it no longer a buff - at best, it's a step sideways, and for most sets it's a nerf.

Edited by siolfir
edited since limited on time, didn't want to search, and wasn't positive

• Developer

Clarification: the entire set of Rage changes has been postponed for further review. The set will come back up in the future, likely not with the same change.

I'm going to lock this thread for the time being, since there aren't any changes for the set to discuss at the time. Anyone wanting to talk more about the set can continue to do so in the old suggestion thread.

Like usual, if anyone has any questions my forum inbox is a click away.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png