Is havoc punch the only good melee attack in /elec?

DarknessEternal

No, it is the worst single target melee attack in the set.  It still has decent DPA so I would take them all (I enjoy blapping) but if I had to pick one of them to toss it would be the one that had the longest animation time that could potentially knock mobs out of my damage aura. 

Edited by HelenCarnate

55 minutes ago, HelenCarnate said:

No, it is the worst single target melee attack in the set.  It still has decent DPA so I would take them all (I enjoy blapping) but if I had to pick one of them to toss it would be the one that had the longest animation time that could potentially knock mobs out of my damage aura. 

Couldn't you slot one of those knockback to knock down thingee's into it?

1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

How is it the worst exactly?

I skipped Havoc Punch on my Fire/Elec/Mace. Thunderstrike has a long animation time yes, but it's much more fun and it has great utility in conjunction with force of thunder. I have both powers slotted with force feedback proc and the KB>KD proc and I can juggle mobs for a good while. Havoc punch on the other hand is not worth the proc investment and I don't like the knockback. I had havoc in my original build that was modeled after my live build when the servers went down, but after noticing the changes to Force of thunder I dropped HP and picked up TS an FoT and I was pleasantly surprised at the result.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Jezebel Delias: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Electricity Manipulation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(36)
Level 1: Electric Fence -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(42)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(11)
Level 4: Charged Brawl -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(9)
Level 6: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(13)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(15), Ags-Psi/Status(15), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-ResDam(17)
Level 16: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-ToHit(50)
Level 18: Blaze -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Dam%(45)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Force of Thunder -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(23), RopADop-Acc/Stun/Rchg(23), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(29), RzzDzz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(29)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), HO:Cyto(25)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), HO:Cyto(27)
Level 28: Thunder Strike -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(31), ClvBlo-Acc/Rchg(31), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(33), HO:Nucle(33)
Level 30: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36)
Level 35: Power Sink -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(48), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 38: Shocking Grasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(40)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), HO:Cyto(42)
Level 44: Web Envelope -- GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(45), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(45), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(46), GrvAnc-Hold%(46)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(46), EndMod-I(48)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

3 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

How is it the worst exactly?

Worst single target melee attack in that specific set mind you.  It is tied for lowest DPA and has a side effect of sleep which is nullified by Lightning Field and also knockback of a high enough mag to potentially knock them out of Lightning Field.  If I only had room for 2 single target melee attacks I would drop Havoc Punch. That does not mean it is bad of course.  It is still better than most of melee attacks available to blasters, just slightly less good compared to the other 2 that happen to also be in the same secondary.  It is far from useless and I would try to make room for all 3.

I skipped Thunderstrike on my Fire/Elec because I had to skip something and the long animation plus needing to invest an extra slot in a Kb-to-KD IO isn't worth it.

I do have Havoc Punch though.  I don't use it in my ST attack chain on hard targets, because Charged Brawl and Shocking Grasp have better DPS, but it makes for a better finisher than Shocking Grasp since it's not DoT, and the KB doesn't matter if the target is dead.  It's also nice to have another heavy-hitter when I exemp down.