Cross punch getting arc but not range increase?

I was testing to verify that Attack Vitals triggers off the increased cone size for tanker Dual Blades (it does, yay!) and tested Cross Punch while I was at it.

Facing the target dummies in RWZ the DB 180% cones were able to hit the dummies to both sides of the one I was standing in front of.

Repositioning myself to account for the smaller cone of Cross Punch I was not able to get it to hit a second target regardless of my position.

Testing on mobs in the zone it seems like it benefits from the improved arc but does not seem to be getting the range increase. This should probably be verified for the arc as well, I don't think I've ever actually taken a melee 50 degree arc since back before shut down, but testing on mobs that were constantly shuffling for position and such it certainly felt more generous than 50 degrees.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

Two questions,

Are cones supposed to get a range increase (the wording in the notes made me think cones get am arc increase and spheres get a radius increase)?

Are pool powers supposed to be impacted by a tanker's inherent, or should the inherent only work on primary/secondary powers?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Yeah, it's not 100% clear on that because of

On 9/10/2019 at 4:30 PM, Leandro said:

As part of their inherent power, tankers get a buff that works similar to Boost Range, but it boosts Radius and Arc of powers.

then followed by clarification that separates the two. The main reason it seemed out of place is that the dual blades cones and Cross Punch have the same range and the DB cones were hitting the RWZ target dummies on both sides (3 total, center, left and right) while I couldn't get cross punch to hit a second target at all regardless of positioning.

Numpad binds for Masterminds - A collection of Farming focused builds - MM /Time guide for all primaries

@Zen Warlawk on Indomitable, @Warlawk#1697 in discord.

Currently struggling with mostly recovered from health problems. Gaming time nonexistent inconsistent.

• 2 weeks later
  • Developer

Mentioned this in the tanker thread but putting it here also:

The Radius boost only applies to sphere powers.

The Arc boost only applies to cones.

Side note: Cone powers radius cant be modified directly, it gets modified by buffing range, and almost all Melee powers are flagged to ignore range buffs or debuffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

• Jimmy locked this topic