Recipe/option to stop getting white/yellow salvage.

Sovera

We already have this on the P2W to not have white/yellow recipes. But white generic recipes are worth about 100k and I don't mind unloading them and get an extra 2 mill or so. Some yellow recipes are worth a few million too.

But white/yellow salvage is always worth 250/1000 inf and is *definitely* not worth it. I get a full inventory and now I'm worrying about orange salvage not being picked up. I want to vendor it and need to click one hundred and seventy two times to sell everything, but, to add injury to the insult, the window loses focus each time a stack of something is sold so I need to stop my one hundred and seventy two clicks to click on the next white salvage stack I want to get rid of.

So, can we have the same P2W option for salvage as we have for refusing insps and white recipes?

• Like 1

I'd like to have this option as well. Given the ability to filter other types of drops, I was a little surprised to find that this wasn't available. The low level salvage just isn't worth the time or trouble to vendor.

As things currently are, I find that it's faster to right click on each stack in the vendor window and select "Sell Stack Now" when the inventory is full or near full. It's still annoying, though.

I just type /ah then sort salvage by quantity, and start dragging those into the auction house in stacks of 10 and work my way smaller so that slider doesn't have to be set to max each time.

Would love to be able to reject common salvage as a drop though, or let us compress 10 of them into the next level up or something.

This would definitely be more convenient for my farmers. But, how would such an option impact the market and players? I know prices are effectively capped so it's really not a huge deal, but I am curious as to how much of the supply comes from farmers or if most do what I do and just mass delete non rare salvage.

Edited by MunkiLord
TYPO

8 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

This would definitely be more convenient for my farmers. But, how would such an option impact the market and players? I know prices are effectively capped so it's really not a huge deal, but I am curious as to how much of the supply comes from farmers or if most do what I do and just mass delete non rare salvage.

Being brutally honest on my farmer, I usually just flog the massive stacks to the vendor in the AE...most of the time it isn't worth it to list for the going price and selling for 1 inf usually results in getting like 50 inf per salvage since I'm normally crafting level 35 uncommon recipes and I'm getting level 50 salvage, though I may switch to 41s to save on costs in the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

But white/yellow salvage is always worth 250/1000 inf and is *definitely* not worth it. I get a full inventory and now I'm worrying about orange salvage not being picked up. I want to vendor it and need to click one hundred and seventy two times to sell everything, but, to add injury to the insult, the window loses focus each time a stack of something is sold so I need to stop my one hundred and seventy two clicks to click on the next white salvage stack I want to get rid of.

To be brutally honest, this isn't a problem with any game mechanic.  It's a problem because you haven't sold unwanted salvage and have allowed it to pile up.  It's on the one who caused the problem to solve it.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Just now, Derekl1963 said:

To be brutally honest, this isn't a problem with any game mechanic.  It's a problem because you haven't sold unwanted salvage and have allowed it to pile up.  It's on the one who caused the problem to solve it.

Be brutally honest, broseph.

You obviously do not have a problem with this. Kudos? So if the option is placed in you will never used. Okay. So what is the problem here if the option is instated for those who want it? None?

You basically chimed in to say this does not bother you and so it should not bother me. I already stated why it bothers me, up to an including the loss of focus when trying to sell which forces to stop and click on the next stack.

Unless you are *trying* to say that selling each time I come out of a mission/map and diluting the one hundred and seventy two clicks into several sessions solves it?

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

I predict for the next six months no one would be selling any salvage and slowly, so slowly, so very slowly (since we use a *lot* less than we earn) the salvage in the AH would run out making it become scarce, making it become more expensive, and maybe warranting some people nickel and diming it to revoke the no white and yellow salvage.

In the end it's not something unheard of in the game. The option already exists for white/yellow recipes. Look at the P2W. It's there. Obviously it was enough of a problem to *someone* about having white recipes that we got the option to shun them. All I'm asking if we could have the same for salvage.

17 minutes ago, Sovera said:

You basically chimed in to say this does not bother you and so it should not bother me.

No, I basically chimed in to say that it's not the game's fault you let your inventory pile up. Thus, it's not on the game to fix a problem it didn't cause.  It's not on the devs to spend time they could be spending on other, more pressing, problems to fix a problem they're not responsible for.

18 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I predict for the next six months no one would be selling any salvage and slowly, so slowly, so very slowly (since we use a *lot* less than we earn) the salvage in the AH would run out making it become scarce, making it become more expensive, and maybe warranting some people nickel and diming it to revoke the no white and yellow salvage.

The AH is seeded with salvage (and other items) to keep prices low...  meaning it will never run out until the devs turn off the seeding.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Derek your argument makes little sense. Short of farming AE tickets or RPing in Pocket D, just about everything else causes salvage to drop. Playing the game causes the salvage inventory to fill. Whether your inventory is 25%, 50% or 100% full, selling salvage is a tedious chore. No one is asking for a major interface design to fix that, just another loot filter like the many that already exist.

Edited by Yoru-hime
Hit enter too early.

I like this idea.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned already when I scanned this thread, but you can right click a stack of salvage/recipes and hit e to sell the whole stack. You don't have to click every one. This also gets around the focus loss issue if you are just rapidly clicking through them all singly. 

• Like 1