Suggestion: New "Field Tailor" power

Tipsy

There are times when it can be nice for RP, 0th Power:  Like, my character might accept a jacket as a gift from another player, and it'd be reasonably neat if I could very rapidly create a costume with the jacket (and if they could create a costume without the jacket).

It's very far from what I'd call "necessary."

I'm not *against* the suggestion, but the image coming to mind is just amusing. Almost as much as when they made trainers into tailors as well...

drunkfu-sang-bella-tailor.jpg

• Haha 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

I understand why the Auction House can't be brought in to instances.  Are there any limitations for Costume changes which might make this feature infeasible? 

There's already an Icon employee NPC for bases, so I'd assume not. 

I will only support this if we summon an Icon Employee so we can have this exchange:

"Hey I got your message, Icon's got youWOAH! Where the heck are we?!"

"Shadow Shard. The Storm Palace to be precise, probably the most dangerous place in existence."

"Why would you bring me HERE?!"

"I'm not digging the colour of my bandana. Got one in swanky purple?"

"Y-yeah sure here you go."

"Sick dude. Right see you around."

"Wait! You're not gunna leave me here right??"

"Sorry, can't hear you, people to save yada yada."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I like this idea. I was thinking about making the same suggestion recently, actually. Not only do I suffer from altitis, but I also have an obsession with tweaking costumes. Often an idea might come to me during an instance and I have to try to remember to check it out as soon as I can. 

Often it's as simple as changing the color on a small piece, like belt buckle or something. But, it's fun for me. 

If this does get implemented, instead of summoning an Icon employee I would LOVE to be able to summon a classic telephone booth(just have to spring up out of the ground.) The phone booth stays up for about 5 mins unless someone is using it than it will stay up until that person exits. Anyone around is free to use the booth while it's been summoned, but only 1 person can be using it at a time. When you click on the doors there's a lil animation of you opening the doors and walking inside. This is a classic superhero trope that I honestly can't believe isn't in the game in some form yet. Even as a costume change animation or something. But honestly this implementation would be the best possible fit for it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

If this does get implemented, instead of summoning an Icon employee I would LOVE to be able to summon a classic telephone booth(just have to spring up out of the ground.) The phone booth stays up for about 5 mins unless someone is using it than it will stay up until that person exits. Anyone around is free to use the booth while it's been summoned, but only 1 person can be using it at a time. When you click on the doors there's a lil animation of you opening the doors and walking inside. This is a classic superhero trope that I honestly can't believe isn't in the game in some form yet. Even as a costume change animation or something. But honestly this implementation would be the best possible fit for it.

I think I'd do it as a semi costume change emote. The phone booth drops from the sky onto the character (or pops from the ground ala Bill & Ted), and replaces the character (no walking into it, which would only really work if all characters were the same size). The player using it would get the full Icon experience (hopefully including cosmetic surgeon). Not sure what the icon day job (is there one?) grants with it's badge but maybe have this as that or a 2nd tier (or as an accolade for unlocking all three extra costume slots, plus original cape and aura missions). (Accolade for Icon Day Job, 3 extra costume slots, cape mission & aura mission, plus any history/exploration/mission badges that deal with fashion.)