Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

image.thumb.png.8e90c467b4ddba4e0bd69e84897aa503.png

Riotess! The rolling riot. Hard-left political character who supports the Scrapyarders and fights the Family, Tsoo, and Council/Column as her main goal. (Savage/Invuln Brute)

image.thumb.png.b3019e609055f829bf6969c2f52a771b.png

Ionique! Cap Au Diable defender, she's a hero in the Isles fighting to protect the citizens of Haven from the Goldbrickers, Vahzilok, and myriad Destined Ones looking to conquer, kill, or crush the isle. (Elec/Elec Sentinel)

image.thumb.png.9348caa35d29706ef1a213618ae727e4.png

Fortresse! Protector of Port Oakes, she mostly fights against the Marcones and Verandis in the ongoing war between them, but also fights against the Hellions, the Lost, and the other dangers of the eastern end of the Isla Diable. (SS/WP Brute)

image.thumb.png.8aa40a7f290a1476fb88d63c939e5e4f.png

The Silversaint. Greek superhero who retreated to the Rogue Isles after receiving a debilitating injury during her superheroic career in Europe. Signing on with the Global Defense Force, she makes the Isles her priority but will fight wherever needed. (Staff/WP Brute)

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 2

A'ight, nothing too exciting about this one. I just had to make her after the name popped into my head at work. Many many years ago, MAD Magazine did a bunch of fake personal ads, one of which was: F4M: Striking woman seeks man who likes to be struck.

So here's Striking Woman (War Mace/WP scrapper):

image.jpeg.a6ca706e002ebd2bf2a50df99e8df876.jpeg

The chest detail is supposed be a tattoo.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2024 at 6:52 PM, RikOz said:

For my 37th level 50, here's Epic Gear (Battle Axe/Invul brute)

On 6/25/2024 at 9:35 PM, biostem said:

Not gaudy enough!  Needs more spikes!!!

On 6/26/2024 at 4:57 PM, RikOz said:

Well, he does have the peripheral vision-blocking shoulder pieces!

Heh.  I'd not planned on showing my WoW refugee, but that shoulder piece comment got a laugh and changed my mind.

This is Bladespark, my Titan Weapons/Electric Armor Brute, and yes, he very much has the requisite shoulder pieces.    He came about because I was dabbling in the costume creator one day wondering if I could make an homage character to my days in WoW.  Turns out, I can, he's appropriately 3/4 human height, and wields a 2-handed axe making him similar to WoW dwarf warrior class.  I even tried to make his name similar to dwarven smithing names I used in WoW.

2024_07_05_Bladespark.thumb.jpg.1337f35a718ad763a848af47f60119db.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised no one else has posted in a week.  This thread is usually moving. 

Anyway...

Red skies at night, sailors delight.

Red skies at morn, sailors take warn.

This is Red Skies Rogers (aka "Red Jack" Rogers) a leader of the Dread Skies Pirate League or "Skyrates" as they have been dubbed.  (Yes, that makes him "The Dread Skyrate Rogers", as someone pointed out, I suppose.)

Rogers is a dual sabers/(red) electrical brute, and a dieselpunk-themed sky pirate.  I whipped him up one afternoon on a lark just to be different for the Friday costume contest themed for pirates.  (I figured ghost pirates would be everywhere, and I was right.)  While I'd not intended to retain him beyond the contest, I've grown interested as I've played the lower levels.

While steampunk costume choices, thanks to an original game rollout, are fairly easy, and 1930s "pulp" look is also pretty easy,  I found getting a dieselpunk look somewhat challenging.  I'd love to see a possible expansion of costume elements allowing for more of it at some future point.

2024-07-11-Red-Skies-Rogers.jpg

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 14
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, biostem said:

This is why melee ATs need an AR, pistol, and beam rifle APP!  Great design to boot! 

Thanks!

As I felt he needed the pistol as part of the look, I've acquired a full charge of the S.T.A.R.T. vendor's temporary pistol.  It's not huge, but it does validate the pistol on the costume. 

I would really like to see a pistol/saber powerset at some point.

Edited by Techwright
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thought I'd come up with a costume for when Marine hits live. Not sure what his name is going to be as I know Devilray and anything close to it will be taken, but happy with how it turned out.

Screenshot 2024-07-13 011236.png

• Like 16
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, MagicalAct said:

Thought I'd come up with a costume for when Marine hits live. Not sure what his name is going to be as I know Devilray and anything close to it will be taken, but happy with how it turned out.

I like this a lot. The yellow (bug eyes?) look fantastic against the cel shader aesthetic. 

21 hours ago, MagicalAct said:

You could always call him "Blue Ray", or if he's from North Carolina then the "Blue Devil Ray".  😁

*Ahem*

On a more serious note regarding the name, here's a link to 44 types of rays and their relatives.  Perhaps one of the names will be inspiration.  (Personally, I like the Eagle Rays, especially the "Bat Eagle Ray".  Can you just imagine?  "Who are you???"  gravely voice: "I'm Bat Eagle Ray Man") And honestly, look for adding something, like color, to the name to make it work, such as "Blue Manta".

Sidenote:  I just realized, looking through that list that there are multiple rays with names like "Bull Ray", "Cowtail Stingray" and "Cownose Ray".  The folks who make cows in this game are going to have a field day.

i saw something similar at the 20th anniversary CC, they may have even won, so i cribbed off of it and have been fiddling around with it since... sonic/sonic corrupter, so most powers come out of the top of his head. shrinks with the mini mode quite well too. 🙂

image.png.96506b816c7bb2604b52fd870d248c67.png

image.png.1bb66eda0e7de9c673efdbe212c954c8.png

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 3

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

2 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

i saw something similar at the 20th anniversary CC, they may have even won, so i cribbed off of it and have been fiddling around with it since... sonic/sonic corrupter, so most powers come out of the top of his head. shrinks with the mini mode quite well too. 🙂

image.png.96506b816c7bb2604b52fd870d248c67.png

image.png.1bb66eda0e7de9c673efdbe212c954c8.png

Hey,  that is my costume, 😛  but not the one you saw at the contest!  I have a dark/dark tank with an almost identical costume, except without the COT lower.  I also used the spike head base to make a crown.  I put it together back in 2019 right after the homecoming went online.

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
  • Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

Hey,  that is my costume, 😛  but not the one you saw at the contest!  I have a dark/dark tank with an almost identical costume, except without the COT lower.  I also used the spike head base to make a crown.  I put it together back in 2019 right after the homecoming went online.

they say, imitation is the highest form of compliment... or something like that. 😁

costume contests are great for ideas. i steal from them all of the time. costume making is not my forte, so i have to take inspiration from others that do better than i. 😅

• Like 2

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

4 hours ago, Ridiculous Girl said:

they say, imitation is the highest form of compliment... or something like that. 😁

costume contests are great for ideas. i steal from them all of the time. costume making is not my forte, so i have to take inspiration from others that do better than i. 😅

Same here, I have on many occasions seen something I like and taken a great part of  design for may own, only making minor changes to colors etc. 

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

I was messing around and this design just kind of struck me.  I call him "Crooked V" (see if you can figure out why 😝)

image.thumb.jpeg.e8e7cf9e4cd28f11a4e2e8b688c714a6.jpeg

Also, if you look at his face and relax your eyes a little, you'll see a little monster screaming to be let out...

Spoiler

Hint:  The black of the nose is its open mouth.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b1acf9db5853c1ba34940a17695f64.jpeg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

here's another that i cribbed off from a CC, and CC winner too, with some changes to fit my needs. it's not a costume for an alt, i mostly wanted it so that i could roleplay a dead cicada at the foot of my tree when the whim came upon me. it looks best in mini mode. 😄

image.png.97f5142f73803f126b1ec3b5658f5aa8.png

the illusion works best if seen from behind. (and i am jumping...) 😄

image.png.96e1df81c2d1db00790ae58277b51f4b.png

image.png.00ff79b29b1fc358475946aef010844a.png

me, roleplaying a dead cicada at my tree. 😁

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

On 6/11/2024 at 12:10 PM, biostem said:

Going somewhat for a "plain-clothes" look, I present to you "Arsenal Ann":

image.thumb.jpeg.4db235ced2629c6dc3af9952e72dea48.jpeg image.jpeg.9e5e07273dd16034b98fb5c42211eadd.jpeg

I like it. A good transition between the chest and the shoulder pads, too. What kind of gloves are those? They seem unfamiliar.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, temnix said:

What kind of gloves are those? They seem unfamiliar.

IIRC, it's the fashion gloves with the studs option, which goes nicely with the sleeves, (gunslinger or similar, I think), which also has the studs, so they blend together nicely.

Been going on an alt binge after not being able to play CoH for about a month there, plenty of toons I'm sure I'll be posting in the next few days but to start, a kind of basic one that I know a lot of people have done but Seventy-Sixer, a Shield/SJ tanker, that has kind of a fun "The Phantom" idea, where there's been a secret society making sure that there's always a Seventy-Sixer to take up the mantle when one falls, but pretending it's the same guy for the last 200+ years. 

Screenshot 2024-07-22 065640.png

Screenshot 2024-07-22 064842.png

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

A quick character dump, Hellborne, a Fire/Fire sentinel and member of the Midnight Squad, Mind-Set, a Mind/Psi mutant dom, and Dr. Mist, a scientist turned to cryogenic vapor in a containment suit Ice/Traps troller.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 064026.png

Screenshot 2024-07-14 064058.png

Screenshot 2024-07-15 032218.png

Screenshot 2024-07-15 032231.png

Screenshot 2024-07-23 062136.png

Screenshot 2024-07-23 062837.png

Edited by MagicalAct
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1