Is there a standard AV for benchmarking?

Gulbasaur

Or hero. 

I'm testing my build out to see if it can take down an AV and was wondering if there was a standard (or standard-ish) AV/hero to try out? I'm redside, so I don't really want to go over to do Maria Jenkins arc just yet because of the roguish confuse power because I'm on a fortunata and it stacks with my other AoE confuse, which lets me lock down elite bosses. 

Heroes are a bit hit-and-miss because some are secretly elite bosses (Sunstorm is labelled as a Hero but took him down in less than 30 seconds). 

I went up again Positron, who I think was *definitely* an AV-tier Hero (288k health) and took him out in about 3 minutes and I want more of a challenge. 

Alternatively, is there a distraction-free pylon preferred for the boring pylon test? 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

3 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

I'm testing my build out and was wondering if there was a standard (or standard-ish) AV/hero to try out? I'm redside, so I don't really want to go over to do Maria Jenkins arc just yet because of the roguish confuse power.

It would help to know *what* you're testing...  and at what level.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Oh, fortunata build. L50, T3 incarnates unlocked. Redside/Rogue but willing to change if needed. Decent IO setup. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

5 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

That Oro arc (not a flashback, one of the Oro tfs at 45 or so) with all the AVs/Heros sounds like what you're looking for.

Annoyingly, that's the arc that made me wonder if I could do it. I'm not sure if they spawned as AVs or EBs (but there were 3 at once at times) and I could take down Statesman in a duo. Is it a SF/TF? If so, that's repeatable... 

Edited by Gulbasaur

For single target DPS testing, Rikti Pylon is what you want. If you can take down a pylon, you have enough DPS to overcome an AV's Regen.

But, every AV is different. Whereas a pylon is 100 HP/s Regen and 20% resist (IIRC), AVs have individual quirks on top of that, i.e. Mako's Elude periods or Nightstar's insane resistance, or Romulus' fluffy cheer squad.

Ultimately there is no "benchmark" AV because of this.

In the past I've used Countess Crey as a baseline test, since she's not especially remarkable but still poses an AV-class threat. There are a bunch of reasons I like to fight her for testing purposes:

1) She doesn't have any crazy resists, a tier-9 defensive skill to wait out, or any particular healing ability besides basic AV regeneration, so you can see how you do against just that.

2) She does psychic damage, so you can see how you stack up against the particular challenges that damage type poses. A fair number of defensive sets have a hole to it, so you can see if you're built well enough to plug said hole if you have it. It also does -recharge, which is one of the worst effects to have on you while fighting an AV (or in general...), since it slows down your damage rate and any click defenses you have.

3) Her moveset includes Psychic Wail, so you can see if you can survive an AV-level T9 nova attack.

4) Her moveset also includes a couple status effect attacks, so if your character is prone to mez you can see how manageable those are for you.

5) She's fairly accessible to both heroes and villains in various Ouroboros arcs, and if you feel brave and patient you can see how you do against her and her melee-oriented bodyguard by soloing the Manticore TF.

6) She's a terrible human being.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.

13 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

Alternatively, is there a distraction-free pylon preferred for the boring pylon test?

The Pylon's are a decent way to determine if you generally can take down an AV level target, and get a benchmark on DPS, but it sounds like you've already successfully killed an AV. If you want to test a slew of them in a row, there's an AE Arc that was posted into the Scrapper Pylon Thread that contains the classic Praetorians in one singular mission for this purpose. Sorry, don't have the Arc ID on me, but you should be able to find it within the last 4-5 pages of the thread. It was made to be simpler than bunny hopping existing mission arcs 🙂