Screenshots of Yore

Struck

I was looking through some old COH stuff and found some screenshots, like...A LOT of screenshots. So I thought I would post a few old ones and if anyone else had some they could post as well. I figure I might come up with some new ones following different themes, maybe have a contest. Who knows? These are raw so they could all benefit from some cropping. So without further ado, for your viewing pleasure, I give you: The Savage Maugrim. 

screenshot_2009-01-24-22-40-24.thumb.jpg.7b4168a6c04b7246e6a173ede82c652d.jpg

• Like 4

@biostem

I started in at i2 and missed the initial invasion so thanks

for posting that shot of the Mothership in the sky, very cool.

Lol I think everyone has tried to ape at least one signature hero at some point.

You pretty much nailed it here except the unique helm which you had no access to.

@Struck

I, like most, have a ton of images squirreled away. Most are costume shots from pickup groups

I played in but there are a few interesting funny ones I am sure I could dig up. I used to use them for

"Craption" contests where I would post a silly pic and whoever came up with the funniest caption got artz.

Edited by Christopher Robin
names added for clarity
  • Like 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

I started in at i2 and missed the initial invasion so thanks

for posting that shot of the Mothership in the sky, very cool.

Lol I think everyone has tried to ape at least one signature hero at some point.

You pretty much nailed it here except the unique helm which you had no access to.

I, like most, have a tone of images squirreled away. Most are costume shots and pickup groups

I played in but there are a few interesting funny ones I am sure I could dig up. I use to use them for

Craption contests where I would post a silly pic and whoever came up with the funniest caption got artz.

Very cool!  Funny story - my avatar picture was one of the first screenshots I ever took;  I couldn't figure out how to rotate the camera around, so I activated rest, since it locks you in place, in order to get the shot...  

Sweet thread idea! @biostem That is a great shot; I missed the Beta by a few months but that looks like it would have been awesome to be a part of.

After dusting off an ancient Photobucket account, I was able to dig up a couple of old pics:

Here's our Pinnacle crew (The Lethal Ladies and Deadly Dudes Coalition; I'm the blue guy in the foreground, Loud Lightning) confronting Ghost Widow at a Pocket D event on April 28th, 2006...

A3lN9ra.jpg

...and then of course it devolved into a dance party shortly after :]

gyCOcoM.jpg

Images from the past always stir up fond memories for me, so thanks for this thread @Struck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Thanks, but @Struck is the one who started the thread.  Still, great to see everyone sharing their screenies!

Indeed, good on you Biostem for giving credit where credit is due.

Though I didn't name names the first two paragraphs above were for Biostem

(as that Rikti Raid pic immediately caught my attention) and the third was for Struck.

Oh and welcome to the best part of the forums

@Struck way to start out strong. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Thanks, but @Struck is the one who started the thread.  Still, great to see everyone sharing their screenies!

Ah apologies, I formatted things pretty poorly; the first line was meant to address your cool screenshots, and I actually thanked @Struck for the thread at the bottom of my post; sorry for the confusion!

• Like 2

From that same Photobucket account, I was able to scrounge up some pics of my old main on Pinnacle from 2005-2006. Sonic/Electric Blaster, really great times ❤️

Fond memories of Galaxy City and old Dark Astoria, and I just happen to really like the one with the moon 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Midnight Blue Mage
  • Like 4

Thanks to all who took time to hunt up and post screenshots. Lots of memories and some new stuff. That Rikti MS is badass! I wasn't around for Beta so I never knew how they got the ball rolling. Very cool seeing one in the sky. 

With a few days till Halloween, lets do a Halloween screenshot contest for bragging rights. Looking for a picture that Screams Halloween...Moons, flying witches, monsters, spooky houses, an overall sense of dread. Don't limit yourself to old screenshots for these. Feel free to explore and take new ones. lots of spooky places out there, Croatoa, Night Ward, Dark Astoria, the entire Rogue Isles.

Here is my Spooky Halloween Shot. Not particularly spooky. Unless you are afraid of Giant Zombie Rock Stars. It looks like an album cover to me. This is an old shot, date stamp says 2008-10-21.

Nightmare_2008-10-21.thumb.jpg.98348b61cc52681e4e93646ea7c7bf86.jpg 

• Like 1

My favorite old screen....

WhenWorldsCollideRework.jpg

Even though I won't rebuild him here, Palrah will always and forever be my woobie.

My first real favorite... My paladin. My guardian angel. My boy-scout. ^_^ 

Also...

AnuRework.jpg
Anu takes the fight to the Romans

And...

BurstRework.jpg
Dramatic Stalker is Dramatic

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 8

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Lol @ the toilets. You should've had someone doing the puke emote after an all night bender and Pocket D.

The hero on the left reminds me of Doc Delilah. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Also you might actually have different painting mods than I did.

I knew there was more than one pack going around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Robin said:

Lol @ the toilets. You should've had someone doing the puke emote after an all night bender and Pocket D.

The hero on the left reminds me of Doc Delilah. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Also you might actually have different painting mods than I did.

I knew there was more than one pack going around.

You know...I totally forgot those were mods until you mentioned it, I was actually thinking, “I wonder what mission those paintings are in?! 🤔“ ... Ha! I can see what you mean by Doc Delilah! That was a actually a toon of mine called Ms. Mexico. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2019 at 10:19 PM, biostem said:

Looks more like a bat, though...   (was that an airplane flying overhead???)

@biostemIt's as close to a bear as the CC would get. I do have a bat as part of my vampire Vladric, with the actual

bat wings and bigger teeth. He can transform into a bat a wolf and (momentarily) mist forms.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:44 PM, Coyotedancer said:

My favorite old screen....

Even though I won't rebuild him here, Palrah will always and forever be my woobie.

My first real favorite... My paladin. My guardian angel. My boy-scout. ^_^ 

Anu takes the fight to the Romans

Dramatic Stalker is Dramatic

@Coyotedancer That Palrah shot is pretty cool.

Ummm.... I hope you don't have more than one hero named Anu.

...cuz the plural would be Anus. Which clearly is pronounced Anooz and no other way... ahem. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Nice capture on your stalker.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:14 PM, Struck said:

........................With a few days till Halloween, lets do a Halloween screenshot contest for bragging rights. Looking for a picture that Screams Halloween...Moons, flying witches, monsters, spooky houses, an overall sense of dread. ......................................

@Struck Don't know about having a contest, those work best with a host/judge and or prizes

but I do have some Halloween type stuff because of my witch Chloe Macomber.

Even a blast of radiation won't get rid of the funk coming off of Jack's throne. Phew! rs4wmRnk_o.gif

inXN3iVB_o.jpg

A witch among the wisps.

k2VPVDSm_o.jpg

Come on shake your body baby do that Conga!

G7uLjWnf_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

screenshot_2005-01-19-00-15-11.jpg.637c4abe48800c813871bb35b2323599.jpg

A smaller, cropped version of this screenshot, dated Jan. 19, 2005, depicting Heraclea in her original costume, is one  I uploaded to Wikipedia to illustrate the gameplay for their article on the game.  Here she squares off against the original Dr. Vahzilok in his great old mad science sewer lab. 

• Like 9
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 11/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, FireBrandi said:

A scene just happened to run into one day.  Speaks volumes about the state of the City and why Heroes are needed.

paragon_s_finest_by_firebrandi_d269l3p.jpg

"Sorry I can't help you, Ma'am, but I've got a parking ticket to write!"

2 hours ago, Healix said:

vomit.jpg.fc160718d96c15482ccca0e2ad039af3.jpg

That is both disgusting and hilarious at the same time.

Some nice screenshots. Very good witchy shots, nice colors and full of content. Cup o Spew is imaginative and funny. 

Our next subject will be Death, glorious Death. Post your favorite death pose. Can be yours, can be Longbow hanging from a beam, whoever, wherever. I used to see if I could spell out something with death poses. This one looked painful but you shouldn't play with swords.

screenshot_2008-05-31-07-38-03.jpg

• Haha 3