Base Item dissapeared after moving a rack in the room

Exxpres

I had two enhancement tables in a room that had purple enhancements in one and orange in the other. I lipped a rack in the room to make more space and when I exited editor these 2 tables had disappeared. The tables of course are easy to replace but how do I get back the enhancements that were stored in them.

@ Shard Warrior yes I have tried that. Thanks for the response though I was able to see a flicker in the wall and pulled a table out. The problem is I got only one table and it was empty missing the Enhancements. The other table I could not find and both were lost with hundreds of millions in enhancement costs. It seems awful risky to store them in the base when things like this can happen.

Sometimes it helps to go from room to room and look through the inventory on each room to figure out what is in there.  You might find your item and from that menu it can be selected and brought to light. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 3 weeks later

If you goof something up, hit CONTROL + Z and it will undo the last thing. I've recently had a lot of problems where an item I selected didn't stay selected when I move it, I just drag the floor to ceiling and create a pillar by accident. Control+Z over and over.  In fact, I think you can back up 4 or 5 steps if they are in the current editing session.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

19 hours ago, Erydanus said:

If you goof something up, hit CONTROL + Z and it will undo the last thing. I've recently had a lot of problems where an item I selected didn't stay selected when I move it, I just drag the floor to ceiling and create a pillar by accident. Control+Z over and over.  In fact, I think you can back up 4 or 5 steps if they are in the current editing session.

Ty for your information. I will file this one away. What I did find out about those columns suddenly appearing and sealing things inside was they could be changed with the object tab. It allowed floor, ceiling and wall changes. It solved my problem but it sounds like control+ Z would even be easier. Thanks again for the info..

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, Heraclea said:

Sometimes it helps to go from room to room and look through the inventory on each room to figure out what is in there.  You might find your item and from that menu it can be selected and brought to light. 

This, it's Much easier to simply look at the list of items as (I believe) you can click on each one and it'll highlight it on the screen.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 months later

Yeah and I don't know why Dacy said Control+Z won't work on a storage item, I've definitely moved storage items around in a room and even had them go sproing and jump somewhere undesired then undone it. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 2 weeks later
On 2/17/2020 at 6:55 AM, Erydanus said:

Yeah and I don't know why Dacy said Control+Z won't work on a storage item, I've definitely moved storage items around in a room and even had them go sproing and jump somewhere undesired then undone it. 

Strange. It's never worked for me. It only returns the message "Nothing to undo" - maybe it only works on empty storage?

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

• Community Rep

Odd, indeed. Every time I’ve tried to undo, empty or full, it’s told me “nothing to undo”. So I stopped trying.  I will try again and see if they fixed it! I think they are trying to fix what they can.  It seems, for instance, they must not have thought that /editbase 12 was a good idea, because now that, /editbase 3, and any other combos I’ve tried above 2 no longer work to give you “editor view” in a base. Any base. Which is sad; it was cool to be able to see how something was put together. 

Now, if only they’d figure out how to fix that annoying teleport to the base floor you’re pointing to...

-Dacy 

Well I went and double checked and no, undo isn't affecting storage items, even empty ones.  This is suuuuuuper weird because when the game just came back up and I was fumbling around with basics I know I used undo as I was completely fumbling with placement. Ah well, one more mystery.