Updated GM location finder...

Ever hear that Babbage is up... so you book it to Skyway and then wander around looking for it, trying to get someone to give a location, and then that location wasn't quite right and... oh... he's dead.   I feel like that happens to me about 50% of the time i respond to a GM and it's pretty disappointing.

So... a few suggestions.

1.  Use the tech from the Banner event to give us a way to find GMs more easily.  There's a couple of things here... you can give it a map marker, so we can click on it and we use the waypoint tech to guide us.... or we can use that distance trick they have for the final banner boss where you always know how far away it is, and can play "getting warmer/getting colder" game to find it it (I like the first one best, but I'll take anything).

2.  Give GMs a HP boost or resistance boost.  They don't need to be made harder, (but i'm ok with that, too), but I definitely want them to live longer.

3.  While you're at it, update them with the health-bar meter like the newer content.  I like that.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• Retired Game Master
11 hours ago, Lines said:

If you go into discord, you can see what games the GMs are playing. That might make them easier to find.

Beat me to the cheeky response.

HP/resistances aren't likely to change on GMs as a note. I have mixed feelings about making them just show up on the map, but maybe have them pop on the map if engaged by players or something? I enjoy having to hunt to find them, personally, but that's when they aren't actively being made dead.

12 hours ago, GM Sijin said:

I have mixed feelings about making them just show up on the map, but maybe have them pop on the map if engaged by players or something?

Agreed, and sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 11/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, GM Sijin said:

Beat me to the cheeky response.

HP/resistances aren't likely to change on GMs as a note. I have mixed feelings about making them just show up on the map, but maybe have them pop on the map if engaged by players or something? I enjoy having to hunt to find them, personally, but that's when they aren't actively being made dead.

Maybe add GM tracker as a police radio kind of thing? that can give you an update status on current GMs active and the section of the town last spotted in?

That way it'll point you in the right direction without giving the exact location away, and it fits into the game without breaking immersion.

At least that's how it works in my head haha

It would actually be helpful if the first person to find a GM would announce Monster/Zone/Closest Map Marker ( ie, Palladin, Skyway, 200yds west of Hide Park Marker ) in the LFG Chat, ( that is if it isn't being used for Political Debate or exchanging Recipes, lol ). Isn't there a Monster Chat channel already, seem to remember hearing about one.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X