Going forward, can we have more things that mean something?

4 minutes ago, HelBlaiz said:

Because I dont have to worry about unlocking things on Everlasting and can play whatever content I want rather than the content holding costume pieces hostage.

Ahh, so I shouldn't have just a little of what i want because you want it to be only what you want?

2 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

I have an idea.

What about separate character slots you could choose to use where theres absolutely zero limits on costumes, powersets , or power pools everything can be used without being earned, and you don't even need to have a target to use attacks, but those characters have no combat level and can't attack, or be attacked by anything. 

This way, those that want to costume and all that can as much as they want without worrying about trying to grind something out on that character. 

And those that want to play the game to earn things and enjoy a sense of acomplishment can do that on the regular slots.

So you're going to take away what we already have to get everything you want?

1 minute ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Ahh, so I shouldn't have just a little of what i want because you want it to be only what you want?

Yes.  You're outnumbered and you're asking to change the status quo.  What kind of ass backwards sense of entitlement are you working with?  

Here's an idea, instead of changing the way things are, pissing off hundreds to make you happy: Go play on one of the grindier servers.  Nobody is stopping you.  The COXG server has all of the original unlocks and merit reward values.  Go play there.

4 hours ago, Hero_of_Light said:

seeing Nemises staffs used to mean something

I think a lot of the problems stem from *how* you earned some of these items.  For instance, if you have to kill 1000 of a certain enemy to unlock a temp power, then all that signifies is that you are willing to do the same thing over and over again for a long time.  Let's say that an unlock is instead tied to the completion of a story arc.  OK, but what if that arc isn't very good, is overly long, not otherwise very rewarding, or maybe in a level range where you can skip it if you're not careful?  I get what you're saying, OP;  I just don't think that locking all this stuff behind lots of grind is the way to go about it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

What you missed is that this is a Suggestions and Feedback forum.  You did not give a suggestion or provide feedback.  You asked a question of the players.  So while it is fine for you to post the question, you are posting in the wrong forum. 

Hu?

5 minutes ago, biostem said:

I think a lot of the problems stem from *how* you earned some of these items.  For instance, if you have to kill 1000 of a certain enemy to unlock a temp power, then all that signifies is that you are willing to do the same thing over and over again for a long time.  Let's say that an unlock is instead tied to the completion of a story arc.  OK, but what if that arc isn't very good, is overly long, not otherwise very rewarding, or maybe in a level range where you can skip it if you're not careful?  I get what you're saying, OP;  I just don't think that locking all this stuff behind lots of grind is the way to go about it.

It signifies determination and the willingness to fight against an enemy until you've made enough of a dent against his group that you've earned a reward!

And why does everyone say I want to lock everything away? Just a few things out of the thousands that we have.  I don't see how 10 out of 1000 is such a horrible idea some people  outright refuse.

12 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Yes.  You're outnumbered and you're asking to change the status quo.  What kind of ass backwards sense of entitlement are you working with?  

Here's an idea, instead of changing the way things are, pissing off hundreds to make you happy: Go play on one of the grindier servers.  Nobody is stopping you.  The COXG server has all of the original unlocks and merit reward values.  Go play there.

Because this server is striving to be the unofficial official server.

I hope you'll be in for a rude awakening engen they eventually start adding new content because I'm not the only one wanting this.

I've known many people that have stopped playing because they don't want a slightly better Icon costume creator.

And maybe instead of telling people that if they don't like it they can leave, you can work on compromise and try to build a large player base where everyone is has some of what they enjoy?

There is a reason Icon didn't have 1000s of people playing everyday.

The issue is that currently it is a true statement to say "there are no costume pieces locked on Homecoming." And that is a very compelling draw to me. I do not want that statement to be rendered false. I definitely don't want it rendered false in the name of "achievement" when other rewards can be provided that don't mess with a big draw to the server. Yes, what I am stating is a self centered opinion, that does not make it any less valid. That makes it an opinion to be voiced so that the volunteers who are trying to make people happy know what will make people unhappy.

• Like 2

Like in the last thread, this is a single issue where folks have diametrically opposed expectations. 

This can only be a stalemate. Adding unlockables will deter one kind of player, front-loading all rewards deters another.

Knowing that, can we keep this as a discussion. It's an important one to me and I don't want this thread to get heated over it. At the moment, I find the purpose for playing the game too lacking. Others will feel differently, of course, but we can't argue each other out of their experiences. I'd like to know where the compromises are for you guys in favour of no locking, referring to my earlier post.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lines said:

I'd like to know where the compromises are for you guys in favour of no locking, referring to my earlier post.

Status quo is fine with me.  I'm willing to compromise in the other direction, as some people have also suggested (lvl50 tokens, no TF reward lockouts etc) because this whole experience is likely a flash in the pan before NCsoft bails on the "negotiation" and shuts it down.  

I am personally against any compromise in the direction of locking anything out. Period.

Edited by Omega-202
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Status quo is fine with me.  I'm willing to compromise in the other direction, as some people have also suggested (lvl50 tokens, no TF reward lockouts etc) because this whole experience is likely a flash in the pan before NCsoft bails on the "negotiation" and shuts it down.  

I am personally against any compromise in the direction of locking anything out. Period.

You know those brass helmets with plumes that Nemesis soldiers wear.

Say those were unlocked behind some Nemesis arc. Would that be too much?

Genuinely asking where the line is.

Because I want to collect hats.

4 minutes ago, Lines said:

Like in the last thread, this is a single issue where folks have diametrically opposed expectations. 

This can only be a stalemate. Adding unlockables will deter one kind of player, front-loading all rewards deters another.

Knowing that, can we keep this as a discussion. It's an important one to me and I don't want this thread to get heated over it. At the moment, I find the purpose for playing the game too lacking. Others will feel differently, of course, but we can't argue each other out of their experiences. I'd like to know where the compromises are for you guys in favour of no locking, referring to my earlier post.

As long as the earnable content is gameplay specific or doesn't arbitrarily limit costume creaction, I am happy.

2 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Im not against any thing if someone enjoys it and it doesn't totally alienate someone else's enjoyment. 

I wonder who is the more reasonable...

You're wasting your time talking to that person. They've done nothing but belittle you and make some ridiculous armchair psychological assumptions. At this point, with that person, you're just banging your head against the wall.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

It signifies determination and the willingness to fight against an enemy until you've made enough of a dent against his group that you've earned a reward!

Let me propose a different scenario to you;  Whenever you defeat a Fake Nemesis, there's a 50% chance of it dropping its staff, (just to use that as an example).  Once you've maxed out your relationship with *any* Vanguard-affiliated contact, you gain access to the entire costume set.

You don't need to make the means of unlocking stuff so grind-heavy, and if you call mindlessly killing 1000 of a particular enemy "determination", even if they con grey to you, then I don't really see why you think that's a feat worthy of special reward...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Let me propose a different scenario to you;  Whenever you defeat a Fake Nemesis, there's a 50% chance of it dropping its staff, (just to use that as an example).  Once you've maxed out your relationship with *any* Vanguard-affiliated contact, you gain access to the entire costume set.

You don't need to make the means of unlocking stuff so grind-heavy, and if you call mindlessly killing 1000 of a particular enemy "determination", even if they con grey to you, then I don't really see why you think that's a feat worthy of special reward...

I think this is exactly the sort of unlock methods Hero was advocating. Even the 50% chance drop is more grindy and less certain than what's been suggested.

1 minute ago, Lines said:

I think this is exactly the sort of unlock methods Hero was advocating. Even the 50% chance drop is more grindy and less certain than what's been suggested.

Perhaps more "grindy" that the other person's suggestion, but nowhere near as grindy as what we currently have.

10 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Im not against any thing if someone enjoys it and it doesn't totally alienate someone else's enjoyment. 

Hang on a sec - let's say you aren't against a system where you have to unlock costume pieces through gameplay.  That is diametrically opposed to someone else's preference to have all costume pieces available right from character creation.  You cannot be in favor of both vantage points, so which is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Perhaps more "grindy" that the other person's suggestion, but nowhere near as grindy as what we currently have.

Isn't it just p2w at the moment? I think the nemesis staff used to be a veteran reward, wasn't it?

(disclaimer, I'm not suggesting locking away things that have already been made available. Just talking about prospective, hypothetical new stuff.)

8 minutes ago, biostem said:

You don't need to make the means of unlocking stuff so grind-heavy, 

I'm completely  okay with both of those,  although mabey the fake nem drop 30%?

And thank you for offering an idea on this instead of just telling me im wrong for feeling this way

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

You absolutely aren't.  Locking anything away alienates people.  People commenting IN THIS THREAD.  You are for something that would alienate them.  There is no half measure to that.  

You're not being reasonable because your preference won't always be catered to.  Sometimes, you're not in the majority, and you have to live with the way things are.  Not everything is up for compromise.

Edited by Omega-202
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

You absolutely aren't.  Locking anything away alienates people.  People commenting IN THIS THREAD.  You are for something that would alienate them.  There is no half measure to that.  

You're not being reasonable because your preference won't always be catered to.  Sometimes, you're not in the majority, and you have to live with the way things are.  Not everything is up for compromise.

And your alienating others with that veiw point

This is an mmorpg, not icon costume creator.