The Request We have all been dreading, but knew was coming...

Solarverse

Just now, boggo2300 said:

what on earth is that?

I'm assuming it's something from Spongebob? but apart from that I'm just wha???

It's an insulting meme that's typically used to imply anything you just said is stupid without actually interfacing with it/you.

Basically it's very lazy trolling 101.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kistulot said:

This terrifies me.

The only badges that I concern myself with either give accolade powers or titles that I like. I don’t really care about the rest. I’ve had friends teleport me a couple of feet just to put me on a badge marker, because I would move to it.🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

4 hours ago, EmmySky said:

I think the answer may lie in compromise.  IF any of it is possible, offer options on the character creation area to choose global or character based badges.  Also offer old school or HC style (for those who want the 'grind').  Give people more options instead of limiting them to only one way or the other.  Now, it may be impossible to implement global badges.  It may be impossible to roll back the changes that took out a lot of 'grind'.  But IF they are possible, why limit people?  I think a lot of the changes HC has implemented open up options and I like options so in my opinion its a good way to go.  And maybe not piss off too many people.

I don't see that as a compromise at all. Almost all changes related to gated content is that true being removed or severely reduced, and I agree overall that's a good thing. But some people also enjoy content being gated and their preference is being almost completely ignored, and it's certainly being dismissed. So I think keeping this part of the game as is, is the best course of action. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I don't see that as a compromise at all. Almost all changes related to gated content is that true being removed or severely reduced, and I agree overall that's a good thing. But some people also enjoy content being gated and their preference is being almost completely ignored, and it's certainly being dismissed. So I think keeping this part of the game as is, is the best course of action. 

How is it not a compromise if each player, even each character, gets to choose how they want it?  You want badges character specific?  Boom, done.  You want badges global?  Boom, done.  You want the tailor missions required to open cape, aura or whatever? Boom, done.  You want it like it is with extra costume slots and P2W vender?  Boom, done.  Everyone can be happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

How is it not a compromise if each player, even each character, gets to choose how they want it?  You want badges character specific?  Boom, done.  You want badges global?  Boom, done.  You want the tailor missions required to open cape, aura or whatever? Boom, done.  You want it like it is with extra costume slots and P2W vender?  Boom, done.  Everyone can be happy.

All the changes so far have been to reduce the grind, leaving badges as they are is the compromise. Keep them as is for everyone, that's the fair solution. People that want reduced to no grind/gates have the entire rest of the game. If one area is left alone, I believe that's reasonable. That is a fair compromise, leave this part of the game unchanged for people that enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Everyone can be happy.

Not that I agree with it, but I think that some people want to be able to wear a costume piece, knowing that no one else who hasn't completed some task or set of tasks/conditions, couldn't show off said accomplishment.  If you allow everyone to choose how they get access to such stuff, then person A, who has grinded out some "Kill X enemies" task doesn't have anything over the person that simply chose to cut out the middleman...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Not that I agree with it, but I think that some people want to be able to wear a costume piece, knowing that no one else who hasn't completed some task or set of tasks/conditions, couldn't show off said accomplishment.  If you allow everyone to choose how they get access to such stuff, then person A, who has grinded out some "Kill X enemies" task doesn't have anything over the person that simply chose to cut out the middleman...

Yeah, my suggestion was either for all or none. I don't think I would particularly care for some get it global, some don't. Besides, the greater majority of badges are just fluff...and doesn't mean as much to the common player as it does to a player who takes a greater pride in his character. People who tend to not be altoholics have a hell of a lot more badges on one character than players like myself who have dozens and dozens of alts who have several badges spread out between multiple characters. The idea would have benefited players who have Altoholism more than people who tend to stick with one character. So it was either an all or nothing kind of request.

4 hours ago, EmmySky said:

This would kill badging, kill it dead, whats the point of going to some of the ridiculous extents badgers have to if someone can just easy mode instant win the same badge? this isn't about costumes, or costume slots, or about temp powers (apart from the accolade powers) this is about things that explicitly exist to reward the people who will grind and research and do anything it takes to earn their badges, and your compromise takes away all specialness from their efforts.   

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

4 hours ago, biostem said:

it has nothing to do with costume pieces, it's about badges, the things that only exist to reward the players who like to grind them out...

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

20 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

This would kill badging, kill it dead, whats the point of going to some of the ridiculous extents badgers have to if someone can just easy mode instant win the same badge? this isn't about costumes, or costume slots, or about temp powers (apart from the accolade powers) this is about things that explicitly exist to reward the people who will grind and research and do anything it takes to earn their badges, and your compromise takes away all specialness from their efforts.   

I think saying it would kill badging is a bit extreme.  What makes badging special is entirely up to the individual.  Personally, I could care less if others have stuff I have or I don't have stuff they do, however I can understand some want to be able to lord their stuff over others.  Just my 2 inf, Veteran badges should be account unlocks as they were back in the day.  I don't think that destroys badging at all.

3 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I think saying it would kill badging is a bit extreme.  What makes badging special is entirely up to the individual.  Personally, I could care less if others have stuff I have or I don't have stuff they do, however I can understand some want to be able to lord their stuff over others.  Just my 2 inf, Veteran badges should be account unlocks as they were back in the day.  I don't think that destroys badging at all.

I said a page or so back, vet badges, anniversary badges and ones like that make sense as account wide

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!