Annoying auras on Radiation Armor

Sergio

Is there a way to switch off the auras that surround the toon when the armours are active. I've taken my time creating a toon I'm proud of but when I'm out there fighting I can't see my toon at all or much of anything else because of all the bright or dark auras constantly surrounding me.

Help

Some Powersets have a 'Minimal FX' option, sadly not all of them do. Not sure if Rad Armor does or not without hopping onto Beta to check.

Edit: Unfortunately, it appears that Rad Armor doesn't have the Minimal FX option. Perhaps throw it into the Suggestion & Feedback section. All you can really do at this point is silect the left-most colour option in the Bright palette.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

8 hours ago, Sergio said:

Is there a way to switch off the auras that surround the toon when the armours are active. I've taken my time creating a toon I'm proud of but when I'm out there fighting I can't see my toon at all or much of anything else because of all the bright or dark auras constantly surrounding me.

Pick Bright Radiation and then pick the darkest grey there. It changes the effect into a light, dusty smoke effect like they're standing near a smoke machine. That's the best I've managed. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I'd say that many folks consider their character's power FX as part of the costume and at times spend as much time colouring them as they spend on the costume itself. Why they didn't provide the Minimal FX option for all of them, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

22 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

I'd say that many folks consider their character's power FX as part of the costume and at times spend as much time colouring them as they spend on the costume itself. Why they didn't provide the Minimal FX option for all of them, I have no idea.

In the old game I had a Dark Armor/Ice Melee tanker, a pure melee controller.  I paid no attention to the 'dark' in Dark Armor and colored everything a vivid pink. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

13 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

In the old game I had a Dark Armor/Ice Melee tanker, a pure melee controller.  I paid no attention to the 'dark' in Dark Armor and colored everything a vivid pink. 

Before they added Water Blast, I used blue-coloured Fire with my Time Manip character Clepsydra.

I have a Rad/Rad scrapper. I learned the hard way that I can't see the ground turn blue before the blue flames emerge in the Apex TF when I have Irradiated Ground and Beta Decay running. Really shouldn't have power animations that get you killed.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Uun said:

I have a Rad/Rad scrapper. I learned the hard way that I can't see the ground turn blue before the blue flames emerge in the Apex TF when I have Irradiated Ground and Beta Decay running. Really shouldn't have power animations that get you killed.

I used to run into a similar problem in WoW, on the rare occasions when I tried to PvP in battlegrounds. In WoW, the targeting reticle is a circle on the ground, rather than bracketing the whole character like we have here. So the hostile player I would have targeted would have a red circle under them ... which would become completely invisible if a Death Knight player used his "Death and Decay" aura, which places a red-colored damage patch on the ground. Or if a fire mage was spamming AoE. I couldn't see the red circle, so I would completely lose track of the specific enemy player I was trying to hit.

Anyway, if people think Rad auras make it hard to see their costumes, try Dark Armor or the Fire auras. My dark toons look like little black clouds, and my level 50 Fire Blast/Fire Manipulation/Flame Mastery blaster just looks like a fireball her own self.

Yep, found it really odd radiation armor doesn't have a minimal option as I also find it obnoxious.  So much so that I've yet to bother playing it beyond testing it on test server.  And yet there are sets that hardly have any fx that do have a minimal option, like willpower and ninjitsu.  Course I'm one of those that appreciates minimal even for those.