More content please

MrCuddles

Let me reiterate: More content please.

The recent story arcs were great. I loved them. Please can we have some more? In my humble opinion, new content should be the focus right now. Returning players have seen it all before. New players will eventually see it all too. Let's have some more content.

p.s. More content please.

I agree that Story Arcs are where I'd like to see the next focus be given.  I'm not a big fan of the zone wide or league iTrial content.  It seems like it's just a zerg fest that you can simply stand there semi-afk and get the same rewards as if you're participating.

Games should focus on what they do well.  The single team Task Forces and Story Arcs are a solid game feature that CoX has always done better than other games.  And the later content with great writing and the new objective tracking tech really makes it shine.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Going to go out on a limb here and suggest that backend stuff - like the 64bit client - and un-spaghettifying the code might be a better use of time.  I'm all for new content, however I think making sure the client is brought up to snuff is the first step.

On one hand I agree that infrastructure—while not particularly sexy—is much more important than creating new content. But, on the other hand, the two tasks aren't mutually exclusive. Untangling code and writing missions are two different skill sets and not everyone who's qualified to do one is qualified to do the other.

20 minutes ago, Ulysses Dare said:

On one hand I agree that infrastructure—while not particularly sexy—is much more important than creating new content. But, on the other hand, the two tasks aren't mutually exclusive. Untangling code and writing missions are two different skill sets and not everyone who's qualified to do one is qualified to do the other.

I wasn't suggesting they were mutually exclusive.  Writing missions is one thing - getting them into the game is another and I think it safe to say there is some level of programming involved to do it.  As was suggested earlier in the thread, anyone can feel free to volunteer their time.  Untangling the code and getting it up to modern programming practices and standards will help a lot in many areas, new content included.

Obviously, I'm no insider.  But, if I had to speculate, working on the underpinnings of the game, in preparation for their future vision for this game would seem like the wise path, especially with a small, all volunteer organization.  Dedicate your limited resources to things which will contribute to the long play, rather than the short term.  However, some of it might be influenced by their legal limbo, where approval of their deal with NCSoft could mean freedom to do things that might be even a little more "gray area" than where things already find themselves.  Once done, in theory, they would have practically unlimited freedom to do what the wish to further the game in every way.  Until then, it's not unrealistic to think that they might not want to proceed too quickly, lest they have to step back to keep from crossing a line. 

This is all speculation, based on the little information we have, but it makes a certain amount of sense, to me at least. 😎

What was no more, is REBORN!

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

I think it safe to say there is some level of programming involved to do it.

Engines are typically designed such that this isn't the case; you want your content creators to be able to create content without help from engineering, otherwise they become completely blocked whenever engineering has more important things to do.

5 hours ago, nzer said:

Engines are typically designed such that this isn't the case; you want your content creators to be able to create content without help from engineering, otherwise they become completely blocked whenever engineering has more important things to do.

It has been widely reported by the development  team, both live and here that City does indeed need help from engineering while creating content, it's one of the things Homecoming is looking at mitigating I believe

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 11/19/2019 at 12:37 AM, Twisted Toon said:

You could always volunteer to work on that new content you want so much

much like the devs are volunteering to work on the game...

Hey, it's just a suggestion. It's my opinion that more content is sorely needed and the recent addition of the rogue/vigilante arcs got me really excited for more.

1 hour ago, boggo2300 said:

It has been widely reported by the development  team, both live and here that City does indeed need help from engineering while creating content, it's one of the things Homecoming is looking at mitigating I believe

I didn't know this. Building a toolkit to make it easier to add content seems like a good step.

13 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Show me the screenshot of you having done every story arc and task force in the game.

You think it's unlikely a player returning from live will have experienced all the content? I mean even if I hadn't what's wrong with saying I enjoyed the new story arcs and would love to see some more? I really don't understand some of the negativity to my post.

Edited by MrCuddles

I know a few people outside of Homecoming are working on content to be put up on an "any server is welcome to use this" basis, rather than exclusive to one server cluster. It's definitely months away from anywhere near completion, though. There are a few people on Reddit working on planning some story arcs (I know of two in the works at varying stages of development), and I wouldn't be surprised if something similar was being organised on CoXG/Thunderspy as they've got a team of very dedicated people there.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

13 hours ago, nzer said:

7 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

^ That.  Which is one of the many reasons why getting the back end up to par is a good use of time.