Brute farmer

Snarky

This is just for curiosity. I am not a farmer very much.  Okay I might farm. I do like rewards lol

what is the absolute best damage dealer in large spawns?   I assume Brutes are better than Scrappers in a saturated Fury situation?  Or at least roughly equal with better defenses and health? Tanks even with upcoming changes are just not going to be competitive in this and of course any squishier is not going to survive at a high saturation point. I have seen a teleporting squishier land on mobs and lock them down then burn them down. Fast. But that is Stalking a group strategy. The endless spawns I am discussing would overwhelm that strategy

so. Brute. That is assuming this thread agrees with the above paragraph

then powersets. Fire was the old go to Armor set due to the damage.  In that still true or in the Homecoming game is there a set that is nearly as good and offers significant bonuses that are non damaging or otherwise helpful that should be considered?

Primary.  Dark offers great ST as well as a big (huge in these spawn sizes) 30 second damage buff. The ST will take out the hard cases while the damage aura from armor melts the minions. Yes I do love Dark enough to advocate for it. SS is of course popular.  My main is SS/Invul.  Foot stomp is vicious.  Again what other primaries do farmers look to as gems in the Homecoming Age?

thanks all for helping me with thinking this through.  If I find a particular primary/secondary that is maybe not the best but very near it AND fits one of my odd character designs I might just make a farming alt and sink a ton of money into it.  Then make a ton of money with it.  I have found joining in farms with my main is nearly as fun as Task Forces, helps new toons level, makes cash and creates goodwill as well. Having a build that can jump in and grind faster might be worth doing. Invul is great for TF and iTrials but kind of overkill (overarmour?) in farming

Edited by Snarky

Fire is still Queen for farming, for fire resists, burn and the damage aura. Bio also has *many* adherents. Many combinations are discussed in the linked thread. Dark would be less efficient: no spammable AOE, and Soul Drain boost becomes pointless for a damage boost since you will be eating red inspirations as fast as possible. 

See also:

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Rad, spines, SS, savage, claws in that order for primary with fire as the secondary so far as just pure infl output. If you like using ST attacks Rad will do you well. If you don't mind cones spines will clear almost as fast. SS suffers a bit with only one AoE that absolutely needs FF+rech and no damage aura but not much, savage and claws trail a bit behind super strength but again not a ton. 

I have a rad/fire and spines/fire both fully kitted out. The rad is imo both easier and more fun to play efficiently but the clear times between the two of them are under 10s apart with my builds. 

I have a fire/fire blaster farmer.  High resists, some def'.  Devastatingly damaging.  Can survive without the incarnate shields.  It makes influence really fast.

+4 x 8.

I have a fire brute farmer as well.  Not done his 'build' yet.  But have some incarnates on him.  +4 x8.  Have to burn the inspirations a bit more.  Also quite good at making influence.

I also have an 'AoE' shields brute for S*L farming.  Though I run it on the fire comic con.

As to how I do it?  I progressively aggro' as many mobs as I can and smash or burn them as fast as I can using all attacks, AOEs, toggles, DoTs...and Inc and non-inc nukes.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

I have a rad/fire and SS/fire brute.   The rad usually takes about 4.5 minutes on average to clear one map in the comic con arc.  The SS about 5.5 mins.

I find that the SS build is much easier to use, since you don't have to keep a constant watch on your endurance.  the rad on the other hand is a huge endurance hog.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:57 AM, Snarky said:

and of course any squishier is not going to survive at a high saturation point. I have seen a teleporting squishier land on mobs and lock them down then burn them down. Fast. But that is Stalking a group strategy. The endless spawns I am discussing would overwhelm that strategy

eh, there are a decent number of peeps who can/do farm in over-aggro situations just fine on Trollers, Corrs, & Blasters. not as fast or as easy when solo as a spine/fire brute, but successfully.

1 hour ago, Krazie Ivan said:

eh, there are a decent number of peeps who can/do farm in over-aggro situations just fine on Trollers, Corrs, & Blasters. not as fast or as easy when solo as a spine/fire brute, but successfully.

Agreed.  I brought my Fire/Dark Troller on a fire farm with a friend.  We were on opposite sides and I did just fine.  Bonfire with kb to kd is amazing.  Now I did have to heal and was nowhere near as fast as my brute friend but was still able to do it just fine and would have an even easier time on S/L farms. 

But to the OP, Rad/Fire Brute is probably the easiest way to go and my personal favorite for farming.  It is a bit of a late bloomer but is really easy to play without having to worry about lining up cones like spines. 

Edited by HelenCarnate