Second and Third Tier Day Jobs

Pie in the sky on this one, since it's a straight up "gimme" but:

Could we add another level or two to the Day Job Badges?

To minimize the pain and effort of development, just get a little circle with a Roman numeral II or III and slap it on the bottom-middle of the existing Day Job Badges' graphics for the new ones.  

Apply the time of 250 Hours (just over 10 days) and 500 Hours (almost 21 days, like the original Day Job Badges) for each level.  Spillover of excess time offline from one level in to the next would be nice, but I understand if it's not feasible.

Make the rewards for these a maximum capacity increase for the charges/timers of the Temporary Day Job Powers.  Doubled, and then five times.  Alternatively, (and especially for the Day Job Powers which have REALLY slow reward tics) increase the rate of Day Job Power charges/timers.

Obviously this might have an impact on the notion of "balance," since some of these Temp Powers are pretty handy, and limited charges as they stand may be the only factor preventing them from becoming overpowered.  But generally I find them to be so niche or situational, that I personally think that impact would be minimal.

• Like 2

I like the fact that you called yourself out and said its a gimme!  Lol

I dont chase day jobs or badges (yet) and I think a lot of folks are like me in that respect.  So, I agree the impact would probably be pretty small and I know several folks who would just want the badges, not even caring about the temp powers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because I have them all* and would like to still see additional progress.  The 4 Days are great!  Keep the 4 Days!  Don't lose the 4 Days!  Every Tier of Day Job could be 4 Days for all I care!  . . . but please, sires; might I have a little bit more Day Jobs stuffs?

Also, I'm not against there being in-game, online content which can be performed to earn Day Job Progress too.  Or in-game content which "upgrades" the Day Jobs.  If rewarding offline Alts is considered too grindy, or otherwise problematic, I'm perfectly fine seeing this implemented in some other way (so long as it's not level-locked).

I like what Day Jobs bring to the table, and I would like to see them expanded.  They offer a lot of potential enjoyment and benefit for someone like me, and I feel my original proposal is "low hanging fruit" which doesn't terribly impact any existing content or playstyles.

*On my mains, excluding the two Level-Locked ones of Vanguard and Cimoerea.

• 2 months later
On 11/29/2019 at 8:09 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

Pie in the sky on this one, since it's a straight up "gimme" but:

Could we add another level or two to the Day Job Badges?

To minimize the pain and effort of development, just get a little circle with a Roman numeral II or III and slap it on the bottom-middle of the existing Day Job Badges' graphics for the new ones.  

Apply the time of 250 Hours (just over 10 days) and 500 Hours (almost 21 days, like the original Day Job Badges) for each level.  Spillover of excess time offline from one level in to the next would be nice, but I understand if it's not feasible.

Make the rewards for these a maximum capacity increase for the charges/timers of the Temporary Day Job Powers.  Doubled, and then five times.  Alternatively, (and especially for the Day Job Powers which have REALLY slow reward tics) increase the rate of Day Job Power charges/timers.

Obviously this might have an impact on the notion of "balance," since some of these Temp Powers are pretty handy, and limited charges as they stand may be the only factor preventing them from becoming overpowered.  But generally I find them to be so niche or situational, that I personally think that impact would be minimal.

You ahve an interesting idea, but given how I feel about the dayjobs.....I would rather be level 1 and completely debuffed facing all the giant monsters. :)

• Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

Bear in mind, as well, that this would be a reward for Altoholism, mainly; which I something I personally would like to promote and encourage in general.  The more characters you have, the more Day Job rewards you can be earning, and the more options you have to jump between characters to replenish the Day Jobs on the character you were previously using.