Tip: Working Pocket D Bartenders

Erydanus

This came up on the weekend because of so much Winter Event content. Some of the "special" bartenders who used to sell inspirations are gone or disabled. For instance, the mask bartender in the Tiki Room used to sell inspirations - it was one of the VIP perks - now it doesn't.

There are 3 functioning bartenders who are inspiration stores still in Pocket D. Pollux in the bar over the Architect Entertainment area still sells inspirations and buys your loot, and the 2 stores inside the Arena section do as well (plus sell Arena temporary powers). Just those 3 as far as I have been able to tell, I went around and clicked on everybody I saw.

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Yeah, I noticed that as well when I first started playing on HC: the usual bartenders behind War Witch, near Mercedes Sheldon, and in the Tiki Lounge don't do anything any more.  I was frustrated until I found Pollux in the newly added AE section (which I also didn't notice until just recently!).  I put a quartermaster next to the entrance portal of my SG base, just because I couldn't find a vendor NPC in Pocket D, which is where I usually park my chars for the night.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

We need more insp sellers. I've been running to the hospital each time I want to stock up. Why do the guys around miss Liberty stop stelling insps at level 20? Or the NPC we can put in the base?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

The Nurse NPC I have in my base just sold insp to my fully incarnate 50, so that one works.

You da man woman!

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

We need more insp sellers. I've been running to the hospital each time I want to stock up. Why do the guys around miss Liberty stop stelling insps at level 20? Or the NPC we can put in the base?

My base entrance has a quartermaster, nurse, trainer, and tailor standing nearby, next to 4 zone portals, so I can pop in quickly to use them as needed, and then pop out again just as quickly.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

For the base you can buy inspirations from the nurse or any of the quartermasters (Vanguard, Mignighter etc). You can also put from the tech medical an Auto-doc or Combat Logs, from arcane medical a Tree of Wonders or a Contemplation Charts.

Of those, the Combat Logs are a particularly nice choice because it's a wall-mounted item the size of a bathroom paper towel dispenser and basically looks like a first aid kit, so it's pretty unobtrusive, while the charts are the size of a sandwich board and the other 2 items are much bigger. I recently stuck a Combat Logs on the wall next to the transporters and it's been very convenient.

• Thanks 2

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I just want Isaac the bartender back.   I've been unable to find this CoH homage to The Love Boat.  I think maybe the AE inclusion took him out?  

EDIT: nearly 3 years later, and I know Isaac is present, just not a functional store like he used to be.

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Erydanus said:

For the base you can buy inspirations from the nurse or any of the quartermasters (Vanguard, Mignighter etc). You can also put from the tech medical an Auto-doc or Combat Logs, from arcane medical a Tree of Wonders or a Contemplation Charts.

Of those, the Combat Logs are a particularly nice choice because it's a wall-mounted item the size of a bathroom paper towel dispenser and basically looks like a first aid kit, so it's pretty unobtrusive, while the charts are the size of a sandwich board and the other 2 items are much bigger. I recently stuck a Combat Logs on the wall next to the transporters and it's been very convenient.

The quartermasters do not sell insps (only SOs), but all the others you've mentioned do and are great choices. I didn't want a human nurse in my base but the Combat Log was *perfect*. Kudos!

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

The quartermasters do not sell insps (only SOs), 

Oops it's all blurring together now... 

• 2 years later

I do not know the rule if there is onbe on thread necromancy, butg this thread is the first thing I found for the Pocket D bartenders for searching on them on which one sells stuff or give missions or the like {sam the Bartender for example, and the Tiki Mask in the tiki room {which i really like btw}}

So I take it none of them do ?

On 7/19/2022 at 8:19 PM, Lady Awinita said:

I do not know the rule if there is onbe on thread necromancy, butg this thread is the first thing I found for the Pocket D bartenders for searching on them on which one sells stuff or give missions or the like {sam the Bartender for example, and the Tiki Mask in the tiki room {which i really like btw}}

So I take it none of them do ?

Just two sell things.  The guy behind the bar on the top floor of the monkey cage fight area, and Pollux in the AE area.  I just double-checked all the others, including the Tiki Room and none of them do, not even Chaz the Bartender out at the ski lodge.  Not sure why that is.

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

Not sure why that is.

Good question.  Is it making things "too easy" letting more of them sell Insps somehow?  I mean, they're bartenders, they should all sell things.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Good question.  Is it making things "too easy" letting more of them sell Insps somehow?  I mean, they're bartenders, they should all sell things.

The bartenders should sell Insps that are exactly like normal Insps except that all the icons feature a little cocktail glass, and also Nevermelting Ice.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

The bartenders should sell Insps that are exactly like normal Insps except that all the icons feature a little cocktail glass, and also Nevermelting Ice.

Since there are graphical mods to change the icons, someone can just do that and upload it to the modding utility tool software thingy.

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

My recollection of Live is that the bartender(s?) nearest to the "hospital"/resurrection pads on either side (heroes/villains) used to sell Insps, but they don't any more/on Homecoming. In most cases the changes from Live to HC have been to make things a little easier for a lot of simple things but this is one that made running some of the holiday/Pocket D based missions harder for me. So I wish bartenders next to where you res in Pocket D would sell common Insps again. Right now the only one who does is Pollux, which is great for AE in Pocket D, but not helpful for the holiday missions, which res you, if you hosp, to the upstairs areas on hero/villain sides. Villain side includes any missions in the Chalet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Make these special inspiration have a stackable chance at confusion (intoxication), and you've definitely got a cocktail inspiration.

19 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Make these special inspiration have a stackable chance at confusion (intoxication), and you've definitely got a cocktail inspiration.

Stackable Confuse, a big Resistance buff, and an Accuracy debuff.  Also, a debuff to everything next time the day/night cycle reaches sunrise.

Regeneratio delenda est!

12 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Stackable Confuse, a big Resistance buff, and an Accuracy debuff.  Also, a debuff to everything next time the day/night cycle reaches sunrise.

That's a pretty stiff drink!  I'm not sure they'd appeal to anyone if the consequences outweighed the pluses.

3 minutes ago, Techwright said:

That's a pretty stiff drink!  I'm not sure they'd appeal to anyone if the consequences outweighed the pluses.

Doesn't seem to stop people around here on a Saturday night!

Regeneratio delenda est!