Speed up the game a bit

This is sort of two fold in that it has a game-feel application, and a meta application. Specifically, I would like to see Hasten nerfed by 20% (70% -> 50%), and then have all powers in the game recharge 20% faster from the get go. This could probably be done manually via the base rech times, or even just slapping a hidden 20% rech to Swift or something since every character has it on all the time.

Nearly every build in a meta sense *requires* hasten, and such a change would make it a bit more lenient for some people while still keeping its relative power the same. Outside of building for the metagame, this would allow a bit faster combat overall especially when starting out without making Hasten too binary for those who don't opt into it.

would have to be coupled with a universal endurance discount /recovery boost.. faster attacks means you will be drained .. and nothing screams I'm a super hero like.. Hey guys let me rest a minute to recover .... like an old man walking up steps ..

Disagree.

Attacking faster without having hasten (and it seems everyone has hasten) mans no endurance crash.

Also, attacking faster means you can deliver you may defeat a foe before they see a few ticks of regeneration, so having to hit fewer times, and dealing less end.

Yes, you run out of end faster, you also kill faster, being faster will never mean killing the same amount of foes will consume more endurance.

hmmmm....

I'd go further, half and half... 35% inherent haste buff, maybe a new Inherent Fitness power... and Hasten The Power adds +35%. Still a significant Recharge Buff most will want, but nowhere near as "everyone needs to have it!"

I would still have Hasten be much greater than the inherit speed boost to make it worth taking still.

even just slapping a hidden 20% rech to Sprint or something since every character has it on all the time

I never have Sprint on. Ever. Ninja Run until travel power, then only travel power.

Sprint = massive waste of end

Excelsior Global Channel - for your server wide chat and forming TFs, Trials, Radios, Farms, whatever you want to do - /chan_join Excelsior today!

• 3 weeks later

Unlike the fitness power pool given as a freeby I feel this has far more impact then you think it will and might or rather more then likely will cause more problems in the long run.

This would be a serious game balance change and I don't feel it is needed.

Unlike the fitness power pool given as a freeby I feel this has far more impact then you think it will and might or rather more then likely will cause more problems in the long run.

This would be a serious game balance change and I don't feel it is needed.

Agreed. Might be interesting to tweak the effectiveness of recharge reduction enhancements, but I'm not sure I'd support global mini-hasten. And I have hasten on my main. Frankly I only use it for boss fights or if we get unexpectedly overwhelmed. And I'm not even into IOs much yet.

This is sort of two fold in that it has a game-feel application, and a meta application. Specifically, I would like to see Hasten nerfed by 20% (70% -> 50%), and then have all powers in the game recharge 20% faster from the get go. This could probably be done manually via the base rech times, or even just slapping a hidden 20% rech to Swift or something since every character has it on all the time.

Nearly every build in a meta sense *requires* hasten, and such a change would make it a bit more lenient for some people while still keeping its relative power the same. Outside of building for the metagame, this would allow a bit faster combat overall especially when starting out without making Hasten too binary for those who don't opt into it.

I would vote no on this, the game is not supposed to be manically paced. It speeds up perfectly as one levels. Hasten is optional. There's no need to speed up the game.

Just because Hasten is popular doesn't mean it's *required.* Recharge is just that desirable. Lot's of people like to build for defense, it doesn't mean Weave is a *requirement* either.

If you globally buff the recharge of all powers, people will still want to get as much recharge as they can on top of that. Hasten would probably still be picked up just as often as it is now.

You're basically suggesting the change because people like recharge. It's not enough reason to make a change, really. We might as well ask for more damage in all attacks because people like having more damage.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I'm curious to know what percentage of builds have Hasten.  For me it is rare to do without it.

Agreed. To most of my builds, Hasten/Combat Jumping occupy the slots formerly held by Fitness. They are cheap dips and require little slotting for effectiveness (1-2 for Hasten, 0-3 for CJ [iO muling]). This gives me more room to slot my other powers that are greedier for basic enhancement/set bonuses.

Death is the best debuff.

The only reason Hasted used to be required was that you used to have to build DPS monsters to crank up the difficulty enough to make the game fun in terms of XP/INF gained per hour of play. They've smoothed out the XP gain and left open plenty of options for people that hit the doldrums at any level range to burn through a few levels (or if you "just a few dots short of the next level and you really want it before you log off").

There's no attack chain problems in any set anywhere and none of the fun time pets need perma-hasten just to exist. Yes, you can "big boom" more often and as I've said over and over, finally get perma-tar patch... but right now only 1 of my characters has Hasten and he never uses it except when things go terribly wrong (he's a Warshade I use mostly to tank and if I get in a tight spot Hasten brightens my day, but it is so rare I don't even have it slotted).

If anything the devs should look at all the powers, reviewing their mechanics in light of the role they play in the sets, and adjust their recharge times based on real world (non-purple set perma hasten) slotting. I suspect there won't be many, perhaps less than 10, but I know they are out there. They are "irritants" though, not game breaking problems to fix.

And no, we don't need all the recharge times universally buffed. That would likely mean a lot more "throw away" powers in various sets. And with the Fitness Power Pool universal, endurance shouldn't be a problem unless your spamming those high end AoE powers.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Thanks for the replies everyone! What was mentioned here is that hasten is not necessary to play the game, which is 100% true. That said, I still feel it is overall incredibly good for what it is and it's why so, so many builds have it. When building for performance, it's almost unheard of not to grab hasten which makes me think that the base recharge times of powers could benefit from a slight boost.

Hasten will still be great, but then it may also not be as sought after or polarizing.

I don't think, that the game needs a speed up by small recharge increase and nerf hasten a bit.

Thats like: nerf AIM a bit and increase the basic accuracy because everybody skills AIM (if he have it in their power set).

Thats not good for the game. You have to be spoilt for choice! Quality instead of quantity. Be aware of the 24 powers you can choose and choose it wisely for your gameplay. Thats it.

I know you want it to slot other powers and choose other powers to make the game and your choices more easier, but this will not help the game. There are still so many things implemented to make the gaming easier, but... sorry for the hard words: this is the wrong way.

I don't think, that the game needs a speed up by small recharge increase and nerf hasten a bit.

Thats like: nerf AIM a bit and increase the basic accuracy because everybody skills AIM (if he have it in their power set).

Thats not good for the game. You have to be spoilt for choice! Quality instead of quantity. Be aware of the 24 powers you can choose and choose it wisely for your gameplay. Thats it.

I know you want it to slot other powers and choose other powers to make the game and your choices more easier, but this will not help the game. There are still so many things implemented to make the gaming easier, but... sorry for the hard words: this is the wrong way.

Wait, this is to make choosing harder though? Hasten is an easy choice to make due how potent it is, and unlike aim it's available for every single character.

Thanks for the replies everyone! What was mentioned here is that hasten is not necessary to play the game, which is 100% true. That said, I still feel it is overall incredibly good for what it is and it's why so, so many builds have it. When building for performance, it's almost unheard of not to grab hasten which makes me think that the base recharge times of powers could benefit from a slight boost.

Hasten will still be great, but then it may also not be as sought after or polarizing.

Besides in every big team there seems to be at least on Kin or Rad or someone who can speed everyone up enough that things fire off as fast as you can monkey button mash... so I just don't need to bring all that to the table myself. I have one character I use Hasten on. It is one slotted. I just use it when all my powers are debuffed by mobs (especially council). Since my Sentinel is in the middle of it a lot, I see that happen a lot. Otherwise I forget it is even there.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn