Do you prefer A Hero's Hero or A Hero's Epic ?

Voltor

For Dimensional Warder badge progress, which of the arcs do you prefer?

A Hero's Hero: the original Maria Jenkins arc that awards the Statesman's Pal badge and 60 merits at the end, and 13 of 15 Praetorians in it that count toward Dimensional Warder? Shadow Hunter and Tyrant do not count.   It is somewhat long arc,, I can blast through it in about an hour and 15 minutes. It is the only arc now that we can see Statesman in, not counting Who Will Die and the only way to get Statesman's Pal badge.

Anti-Matter is not in the arc and must be gotten separately either from Tina Macintyre's Arc or the Keyes Trial.

or

A Hero's Epic:  A more streamlined arc where at the end you face Olympian Guard, which is a knock off of Tyrant to free the captive Positron and get the Positron's Pal badge and 31 merits.   Siege is not in it nor is Anti-Matter, both must be gotten separately. I can go thru this arc in about an hour. It is the only way to get Positron's Pal badge.

So if you are dedicated to getting all the badges you do need to run both of these but just for the sake of Dimensional Warder, which one do you like?  I prefer the original arc as it gives more merits and more progress on the badge, but mileage varies.

Edited by Voltor
  • Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

In theory I prefer the original because of merits and siege but I never get to 50 without having PJ anymore. I've been jumping on maria teams with my lowbies and generally have it before 35 nowadays. Helps that I have the mishes for multidimensional, shrouded, anti-matter and siege saved on alt account toons.

Not sure if I did something wrong, but I could start Maria Jenkins at 45 but not the Ouro Arc, it did not show up until level 50. So I usually do the new arc, since I can do it earlier if I did not get it while leveling up and joining others on the way.

It depends on character level for me. If I can do A Hero's Epic naturally while leveling, I'll go that route. If for some reason I miss it, then I'll do A Hero's Hero. Overall I slightly prefer A Hero's Hero because it is more self-contained, it affords the opportunity to get the Shrouded badge as part of the arc, and I think it's just cooler to rescue Statesman.

6 hours ago, Razia said:

Not sure if I did something wrong, but I could start Maria Jenkins at 45 but not the Ouro Arc, it did not show up until level 50. So I usually do the new arc, since I can do it earlier if I did not get it while leveling up and joining others on the way.

Ouro ranges don't open until you're at the top of the range, so in this case, 50 (and with the lower ranges you have to be past that - e.g. it won't let you run tina flashback until 46 because you can still talk to her normally at 45). The exception is if you have completed the arc before you can flashback to it again without being at the top level of the range.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

It depends on character level for me. If I can do A Hero's Epic naturally while leveling, I'll go that route. If for some reason I miss it, then I'll do A Hero's Hero. Overall I slightly prefer A Hero's Hero because it is more self-contained, it affords the opportunity to get the Shrouded badge as part of the arc, and I think it's just cooler to rescue Statesman.

Yes this arc to me feels like it was meant to be an upgrade to the previous, then they kill statesman and pasted positron into it.

I like the original better.

• Like 1