Which Conroller Powers Would You Re-Arrange?

oedipus_tex

The Tanker changes that are coming soon rearrange the order of certain powers with the goal of making leveling up less painful. What Controller powers (primary or secondary) would you rearrange if you could?

A few stand out for me.

Cold Domination

This is really the reason I'm asking. :) I'd move Sleet to level 16 and either push other powers back, or just swap it with Forstwork. Currently Sleet doesn't appear until level 35. I've stopped playing Cold Dom as a set because it just takes too long to get to Sleet. The set is very dull IMO prior to that point.

Gravity 

Swap Dimension Shift (currently 12) and Wormhole (currently 26) so that Gravity has an early AoE control power. 

Electric

Swap Paralyzing Blast (currently 18) and Synaptic Overload (currently 26).

With Cold I assume its a general balance thing compared to Storm. Time also has to wait til 35 to get its -resist power. The wait / gap puts me off Cold too though. If it was switched Id probably stick with / give Cold a run.

Agreed on Grav 100%. Fire gets Flashfire at 12, Earth gets Stalagmites and Dark gets its pbaoe stun.

For Electric most sets get their AoE hold at 18 so it makes sense. 26 is usually an "additional" AoE control. 

Agree with Cold, agree with Gravity. I think Electric is fine, it has enough damage mitigation through pulsing Sleep and End drain early... Synaptic Overload is a better power than Paralyzing Blast so of course we'd want it earlier, but I don't think that there is more than a "would be nice to have" argument for it. Not like the other sets, which really have issues related to waiting very long to get those powers.

Mind

Swap Telekinesis (12) for Terrify (26).

Gravity

Swap Dimension Shift (12) for Wormhole (26).

Trick Arrow

Swap Entangling Arrow (Controller 1) for Electrified Net Arrow (Blaster 1).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I'd actually cycle 3 gravity powers: I'd move Gravity Distortion Field to 12, Wormhole to 18, and punt Dimension Shift up to 26.

Honestly, I think Wormhole is just too good for a level 12 power but having an AoE hold at that level isn't too weird; punting Dimension Shift to T8 gets it out of the way.

Redlynne's suggestion for mind isn't bad, but I'd like to remove telekinesis, drop everything after it by 1 tier, and add a psionic energy pet like Penelope Yin has to the T9 spot. I think Mass Confusion is a decent power but the set needs a damage dealing pet, especially in the current meta.

For Storm Summoning, I'd like to swap Gale & O2 Boost. If you look at all the controller secondaries the first power is either a debuff, buff, heal, or immobilize. Gale as a trivial damage knockback attack is the outlier; I suppose if you think of knockback as a form of soft control it's not so bad but really if I have to take one of the first two powers in the secondary I'd rather take the heal - even if I never slot it and only use it on my pet.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

40 minutes ago, Extor Prime said:

Phantom Army early on. PLEASE. Maybe even before invisibility.

It does come at 18 which is when Invulnerability gets it's taunt aura.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Phantom Army, frankly, seems like a REALLY powerful power for even 18. I couldn't see pushing it up earlier. Although I would love to swap Flash and Spectral Terror, since Flash isn't that usable early until you get some set bonuses for Recharge and Accuracy.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:26 AM, Call Me Awesome said:

It does come at 18 which is when Invulnerability gets it's taunt aura.

Spectral at 12, Flash at 18, PA at 26 would be a more "normal" progression. With flashes hideous animation time shortened by 33-50%.

Illusion is just an oddball in general. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:19 PM, Erydanus said:

I think Mass Confusion is a decent power but the set needs a damage dealing pet, especially in the current meta.

Respectfully disagree. Mind Control needs a lot of help but I very much do not want to lose the only control set that doesn't rely on pets.

• Like 2

I'd move all the controller pets from 32 down to 18.  In most cases probably swap the AoE hold to 32 (along with a significant buff to the aoe holds, overdue since blasters often now have better aoe holds in the current game.)

In Mind's case, swap mass confuse to 18 (and also buff that).

Edited by Riverdusk
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, Erydanus said:

For Storm Summoning, I'd like to swap Gale & O2 Boost. If you look at all the controller secondaries the first power is either a debuff, buff, heal, or immobilize. Gale as a trivial damage knockback attack is the outlier; I suppose if you think of knockback as a form of soft control it's not so bad but really if I have to take one of the first two powers in the secondary I'd rather take the heal - even if I never slot it and only use it on my pet.

I could be misremembering, but I'd swear 02 boost used to be first a long long time ago.  People complained about being forced to take a power that "only worked on others" and they swapped them.  This was before poison set was a thing where obviously they changed their minds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 1/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, oedipus_tex said:

I could be down with swapping the position of the pets and the AoE Holds. Thats very sensible. Good idea.

That would work.  How would you handle Illusion though?  Is Phanty our pet at 18 or do we keep our PA there?  Personally I vote for keeping PA at 18. Maybe trade Flash and Phanty?

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

That would work.  How would you handle Illusion though?  Is Phanty our pet at 18 or do we keep our PA there?  Personally I vote for keeping PA at 18. Maybe trade Flash and Phanty?

Was thinking, illusion would be the one of the sets that'd require more swapping around than the others to work.  Your idea would be the simplest and would be fine imo.  However, I'd probably go with keeping consistency with the other sets by having phantasm at 18 and move Phantom Army down to 12, sliding group invisibility down to 6 would be the other swap needed in that plan.

Fun to think about anyway.

Edit to say "one of the sets", some others like dark and earth that don't currently have the aoe hold at 18 would need a bit of extra swapping.

Edited by Riverdusk