Does anyone know how to silence the "recharging" sound?

I know this one!

First: Hit this thread for great info on silencing a whole slew of sounds.

The specific sound you want to kill is called (whoda thunk) "recharge." So you'll place your silent file called recharge.ogg into this path: <install directory>\data\sound\ogg\frontend\

That annoying not ready sound will never plague you again.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much the most important piece of customisation available in CoH this. I bind my numpad keys to powertray slots (with shift+number for tray 2) and fire off all my powers by spamming the buttons. That recharge sound would drive me absolutely insane if I hadn't killed it.

However just to say that I would caution against binding your aura heal to your movement buttons. The sound that it makes is quite invasive and rocking it at all times isn't the best form. I've actually had to strip that sound out as well to make teaming a less stressful experience.

2 hours ago, parabola said:

However just to say that I would caution against binding your aura heal to your movement buttons. The sound that it makes is quite invasive and rocking it at all times isn't the best form. I've actually had to strip that sound out as well to make teaming a less stressful experience.

What we really need is an auto-boot feature for heal aura spammers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have 12 sounds silenced at the moment. Should I actually build an ice melee user, I'll have some more swords to silence. It's an incredible thing that all we need to know is the name of a sound, what directory it should go in and a silent.ogg file to rename in order to bring more joy to our gameplay experience.

1 hour ago, Sakidave said:

Or more tolerance for the people trying to keep a team of 8 alive...

There's trying to keep the team alive and then there's FWOOOSH spamming the FWOOOSH heal aura FWOOOSH while standing FWOOOSH outside the FWOOOSH mission.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, parabola said:

There's trying to keep the team alive and then there's FWOOOSH spamming the FWOOOSH heal aura FWOOOSH while standing FWOOOSH outside the FWOOOSH mission.

Hey, you never know when that Kronos Titan ambush will show up.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Hey, you never know when that Kronos Titan ambush will show up.

And if it had problems finding the team, the merry "shoot LRM rockets here" bullseye healing aura will be of great help in helping it insta-gib squishies before the healer can say "Stay close to me and the AoE damage for healz" 😄

I have about 40 modified sfx files at the moment. While some I just outright silenced (like the PI portals) others I replaces with alternate sounds.

Demons no longer rawr, they now giggle like a 6 month old infant.

MM Bots now have rubber duckies on their feet rather than stomping around.

Glowies cackle like a pack of hyenas. This was particularly hilarious during the Mortimer Kal SF in the warehouse where you take down Odysseus, where there are about 8 glowies in the room.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

15 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I have 12 sounds silenced at the moment. Should I actually build an ice melee user, I'll have some more swords to silence. It's an incredible thing that all we need to know is the name of a sound, what directory it should go in and a silent.ogg file to rename in order to bring more joy to our gameplay experience.

As an ice meleer I hafta agree. Why do I need to hear that distant howling for 90% of my play time?