Discord Weekly Discussion - Ongoing and Updated Thread

GM Miss

Thanks!  Then why don't they lock this thread and let it die ha ha?

I may give 'em guff, but I respect the devs!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Thanks!  Then why don't they lock this thread and let it die ha ha?

I may give 'em guff, but I respect the devs!

I suppose it's a more solid way of recording what we're all considering (rather than creating an echo chamber of their own), as opposed to the constant scrolling you need to do in the Discord channel.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

No, I meant scrolling here!  I haven't been over to Discord in ages.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

LOL.  Well, scrolling here is a little easier than over there!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 2 months later
On 3/21/2021 at 3:42 AM, Darmian said:

They're on a hiatus (as are Dev Choices and so on) while the Devs/GMs sort stuff out, recruit community members and get their lives together because there's really only 6 of them!

Wow!

I knew it was a small group, but I thought it was low double digits.

Makes me even more impressed, and thankful.

2 minutes ago, Gobbledygook said:

Wow!

I knew it was a small group, but I thought it was low double digits.

Makes me even more impressed, and thankful.

Ah, I was being slightly hyperbolic there to emphasize the smallness of the group.  Might be double digits!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later

I looked back at some of the original posts.  Of particular interest was the "everyone is happy with where Brutes are now"

*blinks.

Where would you like me to start?  Oh, it doesn't matter.  What you will hear is buff Tanks.

But, having given up on the hot mess that Rage was turned into.  How about giving us ATO procs that actually do something.  Useful.  Chance for Fury bonus?  After the nerf bat that Fury was hit with?  Possibly the most useless ATO proc in the entire game.  

but it really does not matter.  You heard, should we increase Tanker AOE a little more?  Or maybe bump the power of their ATO proc?  Tough call, either/both are needed.  Both you say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Chance for Fury bonus?  After the nerf bat that Fury was hit with?  Possibly the most useless ATO proc in the entire game. 

If this proc was changed to a set-bonus type effect that permanently increased the Fury Cap to 125/150 no matter where it is slotted, would it feel more worthwhile?

Assuming Fury gain/losses are percentage based of the whole, so that Brutes could reasonably be seen to hit and even exceed 100 Fury frequently. 

Full Disclosure this is an overlty Brute-biased suggestion. I don't care how many Scrappers kick rocks in response. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

If this proc was changed to a set-bonus type effect that permanently increased the Fury Cap to 125/150 no matter where it is slotted, would it feel more worthwhile?

Assuming Fury gain/losses are percentage based of the whole, so that Brutes could reasonably be seen to hit and even exceed 100 Fury frequently. 

Full Disclosure this is an overlty Brute-biased suggestion. I don't care how many Scrappers kick rocks in response. 

Here is the bedrock of the problem.  Brutes were bent over and a….   Uh, modifications were made to the Brute inherent to ensure full Fury could not be achieved.   So, any suggestions about Brutes getting that back I file under in the “maybe Santa will bring us something good this year” envelope.  

I bring up addressable issues.  Like, hey, you guys made sure Brutes Fury was capped.  And we all cap it pretty easy.  So that makes a Brute ATO proc that gives Fury about as useful as pouring water into the Pacific.  Maybe you could make it useful.  (What the Devs just heard: Hey, can you guys buff Tanks?  Brutes have Fury after all…)

• Like 1

First, how did I not know this was here? I want to blame someone other than myself… 

Second, why did it stop? Is it related to me not knowing this was here? 

Finally, and this is key, can we get this up and running again?

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

• 2 months later
On 5/12/2023 at 6:26 AM, Marbing said:

First, how did I not know this was here? I want to blame someone other than myself… 

Second, why did it stop? Is it related to me not knowing this was here? 

Finally, and this is key, can we get this up and running again?

It stopped because the GMs that did it retired. Someone else asked how to get it back and there was a lengthy discussion about interest and willingness to champion projects. No official member of the Homecoming team stepped up to revive it, so I've been doing it Unofficially for the last 38 weeks and still ongoing. I'm always up to new topic suggestions for future weeks. I post each weekly topic in the General Discussion sub-forum.

I haven't done it on discord as I don't have a lot of playing time in general, and there's no sticky thread to show the consolidated topics we've had since I took over as once again I've been doing it unofficially.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

• Widower unpinned this topic