Discord Weekly Discussion - Ongoing and Updated Thread

GM Miss

On 1/20/2020 at 6:35 AM, GM Miss said:

Weekly Discussion 20: Controllers

•    Increase Wormhole target cap

I'm a grav control main so I went back to the pin on discord to see how this was discussed. From what I read it's about increasing the wormhole magnitude not target cap. Target cap is at a whopping 16 targets. I would be over the moon if the TP magnitude was increased though... tanker -range taunting will have to do for now 🙂

<cough>

On 2/2/2020 at 10:17 PM, GM Miss said:

Weekly discussion 36 Week 2/02/20-2/08/20:

⚔️ YOU VOTED: It's time for Veats: Arachnos Widow⚔️

Things to think about:

>How do they compare with other damaging ATs? With Dmg / with survivability?

>What is your favorite build for them - Night vs Fortunata

>Are they underpowered/overpowered/okay at the moment?

>What would you like to see changed?

>What do you love about them?

*Don't just use these questions, comment with more! 😄

Let's get talking! 

<.<

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Retired Lead Game Master

I often update on Mondays due to weekend/real life stuff. No worries, new discussion stuff is incoming. 🙂

• Thanks 2

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

This thread is only for the suggestions and feedback of those who participate in the weekly discussions either here or on discord. Whenever you guys see a new topic, you are welcome to post there! 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GM Miss said:

This thread is only for the suggestions and feedback of those who participate in the weekly discussions either here or on discord. Whenever you guys see a new topic, you are welcome to post there! 

The last discussion was taken down, we're onto Weekly Discussion 38: Brutes now.

Perhaps it would make more sense to link discussions as they're happening and not when they're closed, otherwise people may miss it! :classic_tongue:

Could you please provide a link to the most recent and active discussion here with each update?

Like so;

Edited by Tyrannical

@Tyrannical I mentioned in this thread they will always be posted in the exact same place and have been since we started posting them here. (General discussion) 🙂

I only update here to note for people that want to see a summary of what was talked about. 

Edited by GM Miss

2 hours ago, GM Miss said:

@Tyrannical I mentioned in this thread they will always be posted in the exact same place and have been since we started posting them here. (General discussion) 🙂

I only update here to note for people that want to see a summary of what was talked about. 

Sure! I was just thinking it'd be nice if a direct link to the new active thread could be posted up here with each weekly update, just in case people miss it!

The suggestions forum is a fast paced place where topics generate a lot of feedback, and it becomes quite hard to keep track of everything, so a helpful little reminder here on this thread is a nice low-effort way of inviting discussion over to the weekly topics for those who might otherwise miss their chance at contributing! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

@GM Miss does an amazing job at summarizing discussions and giving credit to constructive contributors of each discussion by editing the original post.

I am going to agree with @Tyrannical and offer an slightly altered suggestion.

Suggestion - Include a link with the title in the original post once a discussion has started.

We could just check there each Sunday and also view previous discussions. This would seem to be a minor effort compared to what GM Miss is already doing.

Link could be the title or separate. Example:

Weekly Discussion 36: Arachnos Widows (Link)

Why?

Sure I can be lazy from time to time. (actual alt character name: Lazy [50 stone/fire brute])

However, using the forum search tool to look for "Weekly Discussion 12: Costume and Character Creation Ideas" returned "Found 88075 results" of which the first page does not include the searched item. Refining the search with my especially weak search foo did not help. (maybe this discussion only happened on Discord)

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

This seems like a decent idea/compromise - although keep in mind we only started posting here on week 35 - so anything before that wouldn't be able to be searched here. I keep the weeks pinned in the discord though and you can go all the way back to week one. 

Note Weekly Discussion 38: Brutes has been updated. 😄

• Thanks 1

It is a lot of real time conversation and some weeks were huge - most likely wouldn't be practical to do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Updated for week 39: Incarnate Powers - link to the discussion in thread. Check General Disc *very soon* for the new weekly discussion post! 

Oh, no!  I've missed *so much!*

Week 10: Base Items
Seconded!  All of it!  Yay!

Week 11: Frankentype Suggestions

Whoops!  I'll leave that to the experts!  Yay!

Week 12: Costume and Character Creation Ideas
Yay!  Yay!  Yay!  And more "yay!"

I'd also like to add another suggestion (preferably with "ragged" and "clean" variants!)

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:TalonsOfVengeance_OracleFire.png

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:TalonsOfVengeance_SorceressSerene.png

Do we have this?
https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/File:TalonsOfVengeance_Gorgon.png

Week 13: AE Ideas

Yay!  (whew! getting out of breath!  lol!)

Week 15: Under powered ATs
Experts, please!  Lol!

Week 16: Future Events

Meh.  I have enough inf!  And the GMs work hard enough, already!  Let them play, too!

Week 17-19: Various ATs
More experts, please!  :-)

Week 20: Controllers

Confusion exp loss is irrelevant with exp booster.  Or even without it, tbh.  If you've ever stealthed a mission, don't complain about exp.  Confusion is simple for those who use it.  And for those who don't, just think of it as a "Hold" spell with AoE damage.  Plus, Confusing the *correct* enemy will benefit you even more!  Try Confusing the enemy healer the next time you use it and witness the *true* POWER OF CONFUSION!  MWUA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  (Ahem!)

Week 21: Blasters

Yay!  Lol!

Week 22: Stalkers
Yay!  I have a Stalker!  Savage Melee/Ninjitsu!  Is that a good combo?

Week 25: Holiday Events
Hami Bloom in Spring Event?!  Lolololol!  Perfect!

Wedding "event?"  Like a tf/sf?  Maybe with...  BADGES...?  What about a "divorce event?"  So that they can get married every year, storywise?  Lol!

Week 27: Sentinels

Meh.

Week 28: Dayjobs

Temp Pet (Liberty Mutual Insurance Salesperson): Emu (+Speed, -Auction Fees)

Week 29-33: Various ATs
Leaving it to the experts!  Illusion Control on the Dominator sounds very interesting, though!

Week 35: PvP

I saw "more badges!"  Yay!

Week 36: Arachnos Widow

Yay!  I have an Arachnos Widow!  With zero exp!?  I can't wait to play her!  Can we have the Arachnos costume pieces unlocked so that we can "widowize" any costume?  And buttcapes for men!  Yay!

Week 37: Epic Power Pools

Interesting reading!

Week 38: Brutes

Suggestion for new AT: Farmer!  Lol!

Week 39: Incarnate Powers

I agree with EVERYTHING in the "Overall."  I probably agree with most of the rest, too but my mind is already overloaded!  Lol!  I want to add a request to allow players to "turn off" Incarnate exp for those who don't wish to participate in Incarnate abilities (usually the "story" players, but others like to do it too for the challenge.)

Whoops!  That's the end!?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

@Display Name This was so funny to read. 😄 I loved it.

Also, week 40 is updated! We talked about Peacebringers, check general disc soon for week 41!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Week 41: ATO's has been updated. 😄

*Note that week 41 has started on my reserved post, right below the original post.

On 1/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, GM Miss said:

@SeraphimKensai mentioned this about Fury: “If it were up to me I'd change it so that Fury could actually scale a brute up to its Damage Cap at 100% fury and it would be easier to get there, but I feel that would need to have a counteragent to it, like reducing resistance/defense/regen on a scale after a certain point of fury as the Brute is so enraged it doesn't care to protect itself, it just wants it's enemies dead. I haven't thought out numbers for balance though. Something like that might change how we play Brutes, rather than eating red Skittles, we might need orange or purple, but I think could be an interesting idea. And that would imo differentiate them from tanks, scrappers, and stalkers.”

Wow, not a bad idea at all. I actually like that. Hats off to @SeraphimKensai for a great idea.