Death From Below XP seems off.

SarahTheM1

Evidently there's a lot of anecdotal reports floating around about how DFB XP was SECRETLY NERFED!!! in the most recent patch. My guess is that the patch messed up the interaction between XP boosters and DFB's built-in bonus XP effect, as has happened in the past, but regardless it's something to look into.

Did anyone happen to record a playthrough of Death From Below where we could see the amount of Experience rewarded from each individual enemy defeated?

If not; how willing are the Homecoming Devs to put a rolled-back version on the Test Server to see if we can research it further?

12 hours ago, VileTerror said:

Did anyone happen to record a playthrough of Death From Below where we could see the amount of Experience rewarded from each individual enemy defeated?

If not; how willing are the Homecoming Devs to put a rolled-back version on the Test Server to see if we can research it further?

XP is also recorded in chatlogs, which should be an easier way to do it than writing it down from recordings.  I haven't run DFB since the changes, but I'll find an old run through and have a look.  I don't suppose you know of a tool for getting info out of chat files?  I know someone who wrote one back on live for parsing drops, but I don't know if he still has it or how easy it would be to tweak.

ETA:  He still has the tool and it already tallies XP, but I don't have an old log for a DFB with a brand-new character and no XP boost running to test with it.

Edited by Grouchybeast

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I ran a few DFBs in early Jan (twice with a team of six, twice with a team of eight), but in both I was using XP boosts. I am happy to parse those logs for the exp gains if that would be of help.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

• 2 months later