The Random Babble Thread

_NOPE_

18 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

My son said, quote, "meh". WHAAAAA? How do you "meh" these???? What kind of son am I raising???

Reroll your son.  Sometimes that's the only way to save a build that isn't working out for you ...  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Sorry, I am as fond of Whitney Houston as I am of Celine Dion and will change stations anytime I hear their music. Both were so overplayed that if I never hear one of their songs again it'd be too soon.

I like old rock, older swing, and even older big band.

My own random babble... I soooooo miss playing DnD with my friends.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

What movie (even though you may have seen it dozens of time if not more) will you put on/change the channel to for just background noise as you do something else?

I will actually recite the dialog word-for-word while doing chores. <.<

Trading_Places.jpg.e6097b58be9d571eee018ae5755d45a0.jpg

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

19 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

What movie (even though you may have seen it dozens of time if not more) will you put on/change the channel to for just background noise as you do something else?

I will actually recite the dialog word-for-word while doing chores. <.<

"Mongo likes candy..."

***BANG***

"Mongo just pawn in game of life"

One of the greatest comedies of all time.  Can you imagine the screams of the idiot PC crowd if it were made today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

"Mongo likes candy..."

***BANG***

"Mongo just pawn in game of life"

One of the greatest comedies of all time.  Can you imagine the screams of the idiot PC crowd if it were made today?

Love that movie.

It annoys me that they cut out all but the saloon scene to subdue Mongo. Oh, and the campfire scene missing the audio. It that really edit-wortrhy?

Since we're on movies we'll either switch to or just leave on, here are a few hints for ones I just leave on:

• "You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"
  • "Can you hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?" "Not right now." "A girl's gotta have her standards."
  • "Looks like you've been missing quite a bit of work lately." "Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."
  • "You don't need to be afraid, unless you're made of scissors."

48 minutes ago, siolfir said:
  • "You mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"
  • "Looks like you've been missing quite a bit of work lately." "Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

I've seen both of these more times than I can count. I definitely couldn't leave the first on in the background, though: I'd just end up watching it!

• Like 2

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

4 hours ago, siolfir said:

• "Can you hammer a six inch spike through a board with your penis?" "Not right now." "A girl's gotta have her standards."

My favourite line out of that movie.

• "Out of the way, Peck!"

• "I'll kill your friends, your family, and the bitch you took to the prom!" "Betty Jo Byarsky? I can get you an address on that, if you want."

Edited by Oubliette_Red

2 hours ago, siolfir said:
  • "Nervous?" "Yes." "First time?" "No, I've been nervous lots of times."

There was an MSR on Everlasting at the weekend that had people quoting this movie for most of the time spent taking down the pylons. Needless to say, it was a good raid.

"It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!"

"It's an entirely different kind of flying."

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

• “Um, he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.”
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:
  • “Um, he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.”

He's always been a little twitchy, but this time I think he burned out a microchip.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

What movie would you like to see a remake of?

Personally, I'd love to see 'When Worlds Collide' remade and closer to the book.  I'd also like to see 'After Worlds Collide' made for a sequel, which was never done with the original movie.