The Random Babble Thread

_NOPE_

1 hour ago, The Philotic Knight said:

image.png.5ad2f46de158f85cb9e0999e74ea799d.png

Amazing how that works isn't it?  Kind of fits the man himself too from what I recall.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

I still occasionally read the title of this thread as "The Random Bauble Thread."

Wasn't there a post on the original forums about that?  A tongue-in-cheek Dev response about w.o.w luring weak-willed players away with shiny baubles?  My memory's fuzzy . . . 

Look at the Shiny Shiny new thing, pay no attention to the Nerf behind the curtain.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later

Other than playing CoX/Other Games, how are people under lockdown passing the time? I've been rewatching Arrested Development for I think the third time and it's still not getting old. This'll be the first time I've seen the fifth season, though.

Also using this time to catch up on my movie backlog. Slowly coming to realise that I may not be smart enough for many, many films.

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

On 4/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

After reading a few threads and considering some of the community, I think this scene exemplifies them very well...

Haven't you been paying attention? Outrage culture has been all the rage for the past decade or so. If you can't find something to be offended by, the more frivolous and trivial the better, you're just not with the times.

Why the heck did the Charmed Ones never put a protection spell on their house to A.) Keep demons out, and B.) reduce/eliminate damage?

I always found that annoying.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

What's with the living food in commercials? I'm talking about things like Hershey Kisses, Frosted Mini-Wheats, vitamins, cereals, snacks, etc.

Does anyone else imagine tiny, little screams when these foods get eaten in the commercials?

And Mr. Peanut is the worst, selling out his own kind.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

3 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

What's with the living food in commercials? I'm talking about things like Hershey Kisses, Frosted Mini-Wheats, vitamins, cereals, snacks, etc.

Does anyone else imagine tiny, little screams when these foods get eaten in the commercials?

And Mr. Peanut is the worst, selling out his own kind.

Star Kissed doesn't want Tuna with good taste, they want Tuna that taste good!  (And isn't that a mental image)

Spoiler

On 5/19/2020 at 10:25 AM, Mike Morbid said:

If there is a random babble thread, should there also be a random Babbage thread?

Babbage up 200 yards north of south train!

Spoiler

Problem: When you spend a day swimming in a pool, then your eyes feel burned later from all the chlorine.

Solution: Take 2 cotton balls, soak with milk, place over eyes and let rest. They should ease the stinging and burning after a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 months later

I miss my Starbucks Reserve shop, used to stop in every morning with my co-workers.

Starbucks_Reserve.thumb.jpg.4158e25fcabb6b1b926faca3e0ee8ec7.jpg

Good thing I stopped in early while they were hanging their 1st Anniversary decorations. I showed one of the folks working there this pic on my phone... "What about this looks off to you?"

Starbucks_Reserve_1st_Anni.thumb.jpg.d88c27c6e4679f6697097f223ac1f575.jpg

🤣

Edited by Oubliette_Red

• 4 months later
  • 2 weeks later
On 2/14/2020 at 4:00 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

What movie would you like to see a remake of?

The Net.  A whole lot has happened and changed since Sandra Bullock's 1995 film.  I'd like to see a proper update taking all the latest technologies and futurisms into account.  (Yeah, I heard there was a 1-season TV show.  Didn't sound good.)  That movie was pretty scarily on target predicting potential abuses of the internet.

I'd also like to see an update to Max Headroom, again updating the technology and especially pushing futurism, as the concept line was "20 minutes into the future".  It too was pretty amazing at predicting things like A.I. with personalities, the internet, ubiquitous networked cameras, and hacking.  That said, I fell off the chair laughing during a rewatch of the sequel TV series 20 years (minutes) after it aired, when I saw them use a floppy disk the size of a large pizza.  They apparently didn't understand the concept of eventual miniaturization.

• 4 weeks later

I'd liked to have seen a remake of Highlander.....about 15 years ago with Gerard Butler, who actually is Scottish but looks too old for the part now. Provided they somehow kept the Queen soundtrack of the original. I've no desire to hear a cover of "Princes of the Universe" .....unless Hayseed Dixie or Postmodern Jukebox do it. (The Tenors did an excellent version of "Who Wants To Live Forever", though.) As much as I like Ryan Reynolds, I'm glad the remake with him isn't happening. 

Agree completely with a Max Headroom update.

How about a remake of the old tv show Automan, but as a theatrical movie that is about the character's origin, and make it more comical? ie, Kevin Hart in Dezi Arnaz Jr's role.