What happened to Recall Friend?

Jimpy

Rocki, my rock/rock tank takes aprx forever to get from point a to point b, at least without turning off granite armor. With my normal running 3 toons MO, it was, until recently, easier to use recall friend. Now there are times she is greyed out and I have to run (or more specifically jump) her. She has long range teleport.  Team teleport sucks. They did something recently to recall friend. I never had trouble teleporting someone around Atlas or PI til yesterday.

Edited by Jimpy
change my crappy spelling

46 minutes ago, Jimpy said:

Rocki, my rock/rock tank takes aprx forever to get from point a to point b, at least without turning off granite armor. With my normal running 3 toons MO, it was, until recently, easier to use recall friend. Now there are times she is greyed out and I have to run (or more specifically jump) her. She has long range teleport.  Team teleport sucks. They did something recently to recall friend. I never had trouble teleporting someone around Atlas or PI til yesterday.

Ahhh... I thought you meant that they were out of zone and suddenly appear by the door.  Atlas... by chance have you done the same missions?  Atlas and Mercy incorporate some phasing tech that sometimes require your teammates to be (or have done) the same path.

35 minutes ago, Jimpy said:

these are level 50 alignment missions being done in Atlas because it's usually easier to do there

Nothing's wrong with Recall Friend. I'm assuming the "bug" you're seeing is happening in Atlas Park and in that case it's not a bug, it's a feature. Sometime before shutdown Atlas Park was refreshed and now has parts of the zone where each character experiences their own "version" of that area and can't affect or be affected by other players, mostly to prevent dozens of players from fighting over the same mobs after Galaxy City got removed as one of the starter zones.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I have noticed that some of the warehouses in AP briefly appear to be on fire.  This is especially noticeable when traveling from City Hall to Perez Park, like you were running Numina. I know that in some of the new lowbie arcs that replaced the old school origin arcs, this area of Atlas is under attack from Arachnos and the status of the plot changes the mobs and items encountered in the area.  I never paid enough attention when the effect appeared to notice whether the character had leveled through the new material or old school.  It might have something to do with it, but I don't know how or why. 

I use Recall Friend on stealthists to collect the team to the boss room when Assemble is down. Has not failed me yet.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I still see it reasonably often on teams, and I'm often glad it exists when I'm invited to join a team deep in Indy Port somewhere.  And when I get lost on an Orabungle map.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I take it fairly regularly. It's a good late-pick one slot wonder on ATs that have crap ancillary and patron pools. If you're a stealth character or often lead lowbie groups, it's really useful. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

id rather take tp foe. it's more funner.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

In the days before ED and GDN, I had TP Foe on Heraclea.  Builds were freer back then in some ways; you did have to take Fitness but you could do without Tough and Weave.  At any rate, TP Foe was her 'invisible magic lasso.'

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 2/27/2020 at 11:53 PM, Heraclea said:

I have noticed that some of the warehouses in AP briefly appear to be on fire.  This is especially noticeable when traveling from City Hall to Perez Park, like you were running Numina. I know that in some of the new lowbie arcs that replaced the old school origin arcs, this area of Atlas is under attack from Arachnos and the status of the plot changes the mobs and items encountered in the area.  I never paid enough attention when the effect appeared to notice whether the character had leveled through the new material or old school.  It might have something to do with it, but I don't know how or why.

I believe what you are observing is the in-zone version of someone running Aaron Thiery's arc in AP. While his arc is being run, the Hellions are replaced by Arachnos and their Pylons appear.

BTW, this is a good low-level arc to be re-run in Ouroboros is people are looking for Doorbuster badges, or if you simply want to run against the street Hellions in Perez Park while exemplared. My first Homecoming toon ran this mission quite a bit to accumulate inf and drops; those became the basis of all later wealth for all my toons.