Base Teleporters went to crap

Snarky

Going to leave this up.  Because it is so me.  and so funny.  Someone spent 10 minutes offering suggestions in game, trying to help me.  Then asked.  You Redside?   Because it was all my Blue connections you see.      

…./facepalm.  

Now I just got to rearrange the crazy crap I started throwing around the base in a fit of rage to try to fix the nonexistent problem.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I didn't go to the extremes you did, but I do distinctly recall my confusion the first time I clicked on the blue side teleporter and saw nothing there but Pocket D and RWZ. It took a minute before it sunk in that I'd recently switched to red side in order to badge hunt.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
  • Like 2

This is one reason why I tend to use different style teleporters for redside and bluside, re-colour, or use other base objects that have distinctive colours (or can be coloured) to make an easy indication of redside porters, blueside porters, and other.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

After I was shown /macro_image "v_archetypeicon_mastermind" "Warpzone" "enterbasefrompasscode "WARPZONE-4141"" I have gotten very little use out of my own SG base.  This place services both sides, and it is so much more convenient than anything our SG had come up with.  If you've not used it before, you copy that string into your chat space, and it creates a power button in one of your trays.  You click this button, and almost instantly, you are there.  From there, you can get pretty much anywhere, except for Cimmerora.  Not sure anyone has figured that one out yet.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

Sad part is my porters are redside / blueside.  Just wandered up to one looking for pocket D (which I keep on blueside…) and got twisted out of my head

and yeah, I use zone-8888, faster.  except my storage trays/etc are in my base.  so when shopping or crafting I go there

This is why I typically make my redsiders rogues and my badge farmers vigilantes rather than full scale villains. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Yeah, I just rebuilt a Brute I had on the shelf.  50'd, then incarnated to plus 3, and not really enough cash to build him.   Now I figured the cash game.  So.....I decided he wiould be my dedicated Redsider and be the one Brute with the Frenzy power I never get.  

….and since I never run pure Redsiders….I was soooo confused lol

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Sad part is my porters are redside / blueside.  Just wandered up to one looking for pocket D (which I keep on blueside…) and got twisted out of my head

and yeah, I use zone-8888, faster.  except my storage trays/etc are in my base.  so when shopping or crafting I go there

I usually put the multi-faction zones on their own porter as well, like First and Night Wards, Pocket D, Kallisti Warf, RWZ.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Just now, Oubliette_Red said:

I usually put the multi-faction zones on their own porter as well, like First and Night Wards, Pocket D, Kallisti Warf, RWZ.

Belatedly the thought has occurred to me that is  an excellent idea.  I am actually going to start a base remodel and move from tech to magic caverns.  Again, I do broad simple large stuff, so it is only a couple hour project total.  I will rearrange the porters as I do this.

2 hours ago, Abraxus said:

After I was shown /macro_image "v_archetypeicon_mastermind" "Warpzone" "enterbasefrompasscode "WARPZONE-4141"" I have gotten very little use out of my own SG base.  This place services both sides, and it is so much more convenient than anything our SG had come up with.  If you've not used it before, you copy that string into your chat space, and it creates a power button in one of your trays.  You click this button, and almost instantly, you are there.  From there, you can get pretty much anywhere, except for Cimmerora.  Not sure anyone has figured that one out yet.

...this must be server specific =(

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Belatedly the thought has occurred to me that is  an excellent idea.  I am actually going to start a base remodel and move from tech to magic caverns.  Again, I do broad simple large stuff, so it is only a couple hour project total.  I will rearrange the porters as I do this.

Yeah, I almost never use the tech teleporters because they are so pancaking huge. I would if they had a version that was just the pad and terminal.

Granted, I don't use much tech in any of my bases as much of it is really annoying to listen to and I don't feel like editing that many sfx.

7 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Yeah, I almost never use the tech teleporters because they are so pancaking huge. I would if they had a version that was just the pad and terminal.

Granted, I don't use much tech in any of my bases as much of it is really annoying to listen to and I don't feel like editing that many sfx.

you can edit that crap lol?  

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

you can edit that crap lol?  

👇

1 hour ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Going to need three porters for blueside anyways, so I add the coop zones there.   This way one teleporter serves for all of redside. 

Wish there were porters for Praetoria.

• Like 1

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Going to need three porters for blueside anyways, so I add the coop zones there.   This way one teleporter serves for all of redside. 

Wish there were porters for Praetoria.

I wish there were SGs in Praetoria.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Just now, Oubliette_Red said:

I wish there SGs in Praetoria.

Odd, I now have a Praetorian character in my TB SG.  Base macro is very handy for 'Find Mission Exit'.  Odd things happen if the character tries to enter a normal zone. 

I put all my alts onto my SG, /altinvite is a wonderful thing.  Praetorians who die and go to base are returned back where they came from since there aren't set SG spawn points.  Yay!

Edited by EmmySky
Ack...it got me...autocorrect....I'm dying!
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Odd, I now have a Praetorian character in my TB SG.  Base macro is very handy for 'Find Mission Exit'.  Odd things happen if the character tries to enter a normal zone. 

7 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I put all my alts onto my SG, /altinvite is a wonderful thing.  Praetorians who die and go to base are returned back where they came from since there aren't set SG spawn points.  Yay!

Not saying you can't put them into SGs, but you cannot make SGs in Praetoria for Praetorians and as has been pointed out there are no SG spawn points in Praetoria. 😞

30 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

... as has been pointed out there are no SG spawn points in Praetoria. 😞

I thought that was a positive thing.  I can see, with all the new Praetoria stuff in the base builder, how it would be nice to have a Praetoria sg.