Dark Melee changes...questions?!?

Snarky

So.  I know nothing.  Most of you know this but just bringing anyone casually reading up to speed.

I heard a rumor of changes to the Dark Melee attack set.  Since this is literally my go-to set on my go-to ATs I am turning the holiday lights back on.  I spoke with someone in game briefly.

Does anyone have details on the possible changes, how likely they are to become reality, and what kind of timeline we are looking at?

Thank you very much to the Homecoming Team as well.  Dark Melee has always been a great, yet slightly off kilter set.  I run dark off kilter concepts so it has worked for me. (I can't run water Blast, though I know how good it is, have nothing that fits in my head) Dark Melee has always just fit.  

From what I heard they are staying true to the sets quirks while modifying a few things to make it work better in the modern game.  Can't wait!

I kind of wish I hadn't looked.  no one wants to know where the sausage comes from  I did not find info on if/when it would ever go live.  not going to say what I did take away from it, for the simple reason I believe they will change it again.  

It came at a very awkward moment, actually . . . the Homecoming Dev Team just announced that the changes to Dark Melee have been scaled back.  Looks like Shadow Maul's still going to get its tweaks, but the rest of the Set is heading back to the drawing board to determine AoE viability when there's more time in some certain folks' days.

That's the nature of the beast here.  I'm glad the Team was involving the community in the process with such depth, rather than focusing on a Closed Alpha prior to the Open Alpha/Beta.

Shadow Maul is getting a buff. Possibly live with page 5.

(Tanker, Scrapper, Brute, Stalker) will be much larger, faster cone that's actually capable of easily hitting multiple targets - especially on tanks!

Potentially:

• Arc increased from 45 to 120 degrees
  • Recharge increased from 8 to 11 seconds
  • Cast Time reduced from 3.07 to 2.35 seconds
  • Damage lowered from scale 2.156 to 1.6184
    • DPS reduction is minor, it has only been lowered from scale 0.653 to scale 0.645
  • Target Cap increased from 10 to 16 for Tankers
  • Target Cap increased from 5 to 10 for Scrappers, Brutes and Stalkers

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have a hearty LOL to add to the buffs that were going to put DM on the map being simply cancelled. Like, puff, gone, bai, 'yes, we know the set needed an AoE boost, and we tantalized something tasty that had those who didn't have DM characters want to roll one, and those who had one cheering, but nah'.

At least we didn't have that out of season first of april joke of a 15 second DoT as if we were in WoW and fighting enemies with 5 or 6x our HP instead of things that melt if we look at them wrong.

11 hours ago, Sovera said:

I have a hearty LOL to add to the buffs that were going to put DM on the map being simply cancelled. Like, puff, gone, bai, 'yes, we know the set needed an AoE boost, and we tantalized something tasty that had those who didn't have DM characters want to roll one, and those who had one cheering, but nah'.

At least we didn't have that out of season first of april joke of a 15 second DoT as if we were in WoW and fighting enemies with 5 or 6x our HP instead of things that melt if we look at them wrong.

Cause you know, crap on the test server is gonna come real soon?  How long was it for tankers? How often are things change after it was looked at again?  

Cause you know, a small volunteer team of unpaid developers have their own life?

So, why do people always believe the 6 foot 800 pound gorilla in the room is wearing a tooth fairy costume?

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 minute ago, Outrider_01 said:

Cause you know, crap on the test server is gonna come real soon?  How long was it for tankers? How often are things change after it was looked at again?  

Cause you know, a small volunteer team of unpaid developers have their own life?

So, why do people always believe the 6 foot 800 pound gorilla in the room is wearing a tooth fairy costume?

*pins white knight badge* Good job, you earned it.

7 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Yeah, I guess we can just default back to the "Well they do it for free!" every time someone on the team full aborts a change a few days into a patch cycle because their ideas were so far left field that the pushback to it was natural.  It's not like this patch is going to drop in the next 3 days, they had (have) plenty of time to...actually listen to feedback on the Dark Con proposal and spitball different ideas instead of just throwing their hands up on the air.  😆

Hey, at least Jimmy came out and said why they scrapped the Consumption changes. Sometimes, changes just don't hit the mark.

That or some changes take up most of the attention when they want attention on other things instead.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

26 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

How many alts have you just inspired?  Think man, before you type, THINK!

• Haha 1

I feel like Shadow Maul was the only power which needed to be tweaked. The set is already solid.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

13 hours ago, Sovera said:

The change wasn't as simple as anticipated, so it's been shelved until the necessary time can be devoted to it. 

• Like 1

Would have been nice for them to at least have left the recharge reduction if nothing else to DC (3 mins down to 90 secs).  That alone actually might have been good enough for that one and very simple.

VERY happy with the shadow maul change though.

Edit: Oh, and then do a little something with touch of fear that virtually no one takes, maybe a chance to chain fear to other nearby enemies.  That would be cool imho.

Edited by Riverdusk