Homecoming Statistics: March 2020

Cipher

image.png
image.png

39,188 Fire Aura Brutes (178213 minus 139025). Holy smokes!

It's nice to see the return of the Fir/Kin Troller, Empathy Defender, Bots/Dark MM ... is this a nostalgia trip or are they still OP?

• Banjo 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 3/12/2024 at 1:40 AM, Player2 said:

Stats are pointless.  Just play the game and enjoy it.  Don't worry about how many people play what archtypes or powersets or whatever.

Do your own thing.

But “do your own thing” in a game that has always been about doing the same content but with different alts is in itself -partly fueled- by stats.  This is why MIDS is so popular and sharing of builds and even why the forum exists.  Comparing and contrasting different ways to play/experience the game is the meta of this game itself.  

That’s why these stats have value.  It’s driven me on a number of occasions to create alts I wouldn’t have otherwise attempted because some crazy person out there was trying it also.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

3 minutes ago, Crysis said:

But “do your own thing” in a game that has always been about doing the same content but with different alts is in itself -partly fueled- by stats.  This is why MIDS is so popular and sharing of builds and even why the forum exists.  Comparing and contrasting different ways to play/experience the game is the meta of this game itself.  

That’s why these stats have value.  It’s driven me on a number of occasions to create alts I wouldn’t have otherwise attempted because some crazy person out there was trying it also.

So you're saying you're incapable of being crazy without someone else leading the way?

Bah.  I have faith in you.  Go be your own crazy.

• Banjo 1

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

So you're saying you're incapable of being crazy without someone else leading the way?

Bah.  I have faith in you.  Go be your own crazy.

yeah but how do you define ‘crazy’ without stats regarding ‘the norm?’

• Moose 1
  • Microphone 1

Your assertion was that there was someone crazy out there trying some ideas that differed from the norm.

My contention is that you should set your own trends, not wait and see what everyone else is doing or trying to follow the flavor of the month appears to be.

But yes, we do have these forums where people can share their experiences and describe ideas that they've tried... but I'm trying to figure out if you mean that people are incapable of doing their own thing unless you have statistical information of what everyone has done as a group?  Because I don't think you need to know what everyone has done to recognize ideas shared between people on the forum and in game to decide if an idea has merit or is crazy.  For example, playing a Regen brute would be fairly crazy since Regen largely sucks and we can all discuss that without knowing how many (or few) people have played a brute with that power set.  No one is playing in a vacuum, so if someone is trying something wild then someone else will see it and may bring it to the attention of others by talking about it in game or here on the forum.  But how does statistical info help you decide how you want to play the game other than showing you the popular trend?  I'm just saying screw trends, do your own thing regardless of what other people may or may not be doing.  Maybe you will be the person trying something unusual that other people will want to talk about.

• Finland 1

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

This is a thread from four years ago. 

Last stats posted at that time.  

People are fickle.  If we’d started a new thread about stats, half of the replies would be to search this thread rather than starting a new one.  Use this one and people pop up saying we’ve necro’d an old thread.

Regardless, I’d like to see updated stats.  Doubt it’s coming anytime soon, but I’ve always found this topic very interesting.

• Like 2
  • Finland 1
  • Banjo 1

I'll never understand why people get so irritated about returning to old posts to the point of using terms like necro and resurrecting the dead.  People stopped talking about something, nothing died unless the post gets locked.  Sometimes everything that can be said about a topic at the time gets said and people move on, but what's wrong with coming back to that topic and exploring it once more to see if everything actually had been said?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1

• 2 months later
On 4/12/2024 at 2:12 AM, Player2 said:

I'll never understand why people get so irritated about returning to old posts to the point of using terms like necro and resurrecting the dead.  People stopped talking about something, nothing died unless the post gets locked.  Sometimes everything that can be said about a topic at the time gets said and people move on, but what's wrong with coming back to that topic and exploring it once more to see if everything actually had been said?

I've never understood that either. It's like no matter what you do, somebody will be pissed. Bump an old thread and someone says necrobump, Make a new thread and someone says use the search function. You just can't win.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Azari said:

I've never understood that either. It's like no matter what you do, somebody will be pissed. Bump an old thread and someone says necrobump, Make a new thread and someone says use the search function. You just can't win.

I think people who hate this thread are fire brutes

• Moose 1

On 3/12/2024 at 5:40 AM, Player2 said:

Stats are pointless.  Just play the game and enjoy it.  Don't worry about how many people play what archtypes or powersets or whatever.

Do your own thing.

Are you among the "Do your own thing, but not if it ruins my fun" hypocrites?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

OMG!  We have 2 on Tu on Two action!  Player2 vs Herotu vs BazookaTwo!  Call your local provider now for this exciting pay-per-view event!

*Possible surprise visit by Kelika2 is possible but not guaranteed.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Haha 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1