Homecoming Statistics: March 2020

Cipher

On 8/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, Mekanyzer said:

Wouldn't it be better for devs to merge those low pop servers (except Reunion, of course - since it's in EU)?

Besides what the flea mentions,  it won't save anything in resources.   See previous mentions of consolidation where the devs address this.

Since the servers are virtual, the number isn't much of an issue.   Reunion is extra since it is another HW site.   Anyway, if you poke around with the search terms you'll probably get a better detail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

• 3 months later

Yeah, I'd kill for some new stats! My completely unfounded guess is that they don't want to advertise how many ppl are playing an "illegal" game.

• Banjo 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

On 12/19/2023 at 9:05 PM, mistagoat said:

guess is that they don't want to advertise how many ppl are playing an "illegal" game

I used to think the same thing, but the official HC Discord has a channel showing constantly updated players numbers - total and by server, no less - so presumably secrecy of player numbers is not a concern for the HC team.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

9 hours ago, Icono04 said:

I used to think the same thing, but the official HC Discord has a channel showing constantly updated players numbers - total and by server, no less - so presumably secrecy of player numbers is not a concern for the HC team.

Huh, that's a very good point! All the more reason for these stats to finally be updated!

• Banjo 1

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

• Jimmy unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later
On 12/23/2023 at 3:38 AM, Icono04 said:

>guess is that they don't want to advertise how many ppl are playing an "illegal" game

LEGAL! LEGAL! LEGAL! We want stats, stats and more stats PLEASE!!! ;)

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Banjo 1

Game over man, game over!

• 1 month later

They won't show the stats because then everyone would know that all of the sets they've created (Seismic blast, Symphony control, etc.) are rarely played above level 20 or so.

I'm kidding! Settle down.

• Haha 1
  • Moose 3
  • Banjo 1

Yeah, if it doesn't take the developers too much time, I'd like to see new stats too.

Maybe even just a data dump and let one of us clean it up and put it into nice tables so that a developer doesn't have to waste their time doing that part of it.

• Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, Apparition said:

Many of the people that played the game in 2004 through 2008 are either gone, or have moved on. 

Or have just come back!

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

Torchbearer: Flitz (MA/SR Scrapper), Lead Hose (AR/Dev Blaster), Red Rag (Fire/Fire Brute) ... and many more!

I would like to see the number of players who logged on in January-February this year who had not logged on during the previous twelve months of 2023, and as a percentage of all accounts which had logged in during Jan-Feb.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

• 2 weeks later
On 8/24/2023 at 6:16 PM, Shocktacular said:

Is there any chance we'll get new stats any time soon?

At this point it seems unlikely that we'll get new stats ever.

• Banjo 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

At this point it seems unlikely that we'll get new stats ever.

I sees whatcha did thar

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

17 hours ago, Troo said:

I sees whatcha did thar

I'm not certain that you really did.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

The game belongs to the Homecoming Team, not the player base. They don't have to tell us anything. Heck, they could privatize the game and make it their personal space devoid of pesky players if they wanted to.

• Banjo 1

6 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Heck, they could privatize the game and make it their personal space devoid of pesky players if they wanted to.

I'm not sure they could, now that they have a license from NCSoft.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

30 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I'm not sure they could, now that they have a license from NCSoft.

Sure they could. Shut down Homecoming then launch the private server with their friends and tell no one. I doubt there is a provision in the agreement preventing the demise of Homecoming if the HC team decides to pack it in.

Edited by Krimson
  • Banjo 1

5 hours ago, Krimson said:

The game belongs to the Homecoming Team, not the player base. They don't have to tell us anything. Heck, they could privatize the game and make it their personal space devoid of pesky players if they wanted to.

Actually the game belongs to NC Soft. Homecoming has been granted a license. It is irksome that you don't know this, or, are choosing to ignore it.

• "NCSOFT still owns the City of Heroes intellectual property and its derivatives."

Resources are leased or rented.

The fees for those resources are paid for by... a community.

..and to head off any further nonsense:

• Your accounts and characters are safe
  • Development of new content will continue
  • Homecoming will continue to be completely free
  • We will continue to be funded entirely through donations

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 3 weeks later
On 3/12/2024 at 7:18 AM, Andreah said:

I would like to see the number of players who logged on in January-February this year who had not logged on during the previous twelve months of 2023, and as a percentage of all accounts which had logged in during Jan-Feb.

Unfortunately it appears that if your username isn't MassivelyOP then devs don't actually care what info you, or I, would like to see.

• Banjo 1

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Unfortunately it appears that if your username isn't MassivelyOP then devs don't actually care what info you, or I, would like to see.

What they gave MOP was a pretty stripped down version.   I'm guessing there's some whacky DB hijinks to pull the data and sanitize it.  This is stuff that probably could be scripted and then just looked over to be double checked, but seems there's a road block somewhere.  (Or just in the list of priorities it keeps being pushed down)

I'd love to see the data, but I also understand they've got different ideas on what to work on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

• City Council
2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I'd like to do a refresh of this post sometime in the near future, but it has not been a priority 🙂

Edit: For clarity - what we pulled for MOP was basically just a few quick SQL queries to run, took just a few minutes to put together. It takes hours to pull and organize all of the data for a post like this; just waiting for the queries to run actually takes significantly more time than it took to pull and organize the information that MOP requested. Unfortunately, it hasn't been a priority and it isn't going to be for some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Banjo 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On 3/12/2024 at 4:40 PM, Player2 said:

Stats are pointless.  Just play the game and enjoy it.  Don't worry about how many people play what archtypes or powersets or whatever.

Do your own thing.

Commie bastard!

;)

Anyway, everyone plays Brutes, I have no idea why, when everyone knows that Doms are dominant and the best class in the game. That is all.

Edited by Nostromo21
  • Banjo 1

Game over man, game over!