Bring street sweeping back

People still street sweep (I often do when I don't want to invest the time in a mission, or start a new alt).

What'd you suggest to change to make street sweeping more appealing in general? I don't think doing things like boosting xp/inf/equivalent would necessarily be a great plan, so is there some sort of alternative reward that'd encourage it some but not just swing the pendulum? Street sweeping is already fairly decent for badging, but that has limited appeal.

• Like 1

I wonder if there's a way that they can make outdoor groups dynamically adjust based upon your notoriety, without it turning into a system where some high-level person, (who's at 8/+4), zipping around a zone turns it into a nearly impossible quagmire for others to navigate...

Edited by biostem

Would be kind of neat if you could choose a neighborhood and then that is your beat and as you spend time in the zone and clean up the streets (this should take quite a while, not something one can do in a few sessions) that certain events will spawn (likely through an NPC trigger) that others could participate in as well.

• Like 1

Maybe what is needed is some S/L & Fyre mobs in zones at appropriate levels to be +4 or +5.

Street sweeping should already provide higher rewards. The mobs available just are too difficult for many farmers.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mmos used to be about camps and spawn points and so on. 

Eventually moved on to quests and instanced areas/ missions. 

So the nostalgia is understandable.  But MMOs have moved on from that sort of thing overall.

1 hour ago, Leogunner said:

Would be kind of neat if you could choose a neighborhood and then that is your beat and as you spend time in the zone and clean up the streets (this should take quite a while, not something one can do in a few sessions) that certain events will spawn (likely through an NPC trigger) that others could participate in as well.

This sounds cool to me, even if it were instanced.

8 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

So the nostalgia is understandable.  But MMOs have moved on from that sort of thing overall.

Is it bad that I read this as: "MMO preferences change"

I don't think we are talking about camping a spawn point for a badge or reward but something akin to an open world concept which is on point with current trends.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

Is it bad that I read this as: "MMO preferences change"

I don't think we are talking about camping a spawn point for a badge or reward but something akin to an open world concept which is on point with current trends.

Cox streetsweeping was the Cox version of spawn points / open world mobs.

And the effective leveling in MMOs has moved away from non-quest killing 

I've streetsweeped my fire/bio sentinel from 1 to 50. Solo, it works just fine. With all the zones added over the years there's a wide array of choices no matter your level range.

Took me ~15 to ~20 hours I think. If that number doesn't speak to you, let's put it another way: it likely would have taken me longer to solo missions from 1 to 50. In the streets you can jump from one mob group to another, never waiting. Instant base teleports and trainers/vendors in base make it a breeze to just keep the action going.

My goal was specifically to avoid talking to any contact, but if you're not adverse to that, you can even set yourself to a specific exemplar level through Ouroboros arcs for streetsweeping purposes.

• Like 1