The Lost Cure

Wavicle

11 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

The idea that I should have to Rest to use this temp power, when I don't have to rest in 99% of my actual missions, is exactly the point.  It's a ridiculously high end cost.

The fact that you and I are even posting about this indicates that we all have way too much free time.  I've never rested using this power, and I've never needed it to regen faster.  How are you playing?  If you are playing a melee alt, have you toggled your defense toggles on?  Are you using a power other than Brawl on your opponents?

Who run Bartertown?

35 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

The cost of the power is so high that on my MM I had to turn off my toggles so it wouldn't run me out of end half way through the mission.  That's ridiculous.

Uh...

Can't tell if srsly or trollfun.

I do notice something smells ridiculous though.

3 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Agreed.  Why does a mission-critical, EXTERNALLY PROVIDED gadget drain my stamina to use?  It's idiotic.

Why does firing a pistol, beam rifle or assault rifle cost end? I suppose that is just how the game works. On my Bots/FF Mastermind to summon my bots all I seem to do it tap a button on my arm and yet summoning all of them when I log in takes most of my endurance.

Also, I have done The Lost Cure on a dozen toons and never ran out of end curing lost. Not once.

In all the years I played CoH (2004-12, 2019-20), I never noticed that this power cost any end at all.  The only thing I noticed was how frustratingly long it takes to recharge, especially when I'm standing knee-deep in sewer poo surrounded by a dozen other Lost patiently waiting their turn to be cured destroy me. 

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Of course it costs no endurance to just go in the mansion in the night ward and skip the whole dumb arc that you probably did 50 times on the original servers already.

THIS. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Obviously the problem is that the OP is either alone or is in a really small minority of those who are overburdened and is unable to work themselves out of a pickle. 

solution:  go to Perez park, north end but south of the wall.  By the time you get the lost cure, the lost who spawn there should be grey to you.  You can turn off all your toggles and cure the lost with no risk

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Obviously the problem is that the OP is either alone or is in a really small minority of those who are overburdened and is unable to work themselves out of a pickle. 

solution:  go to Perez park, north end but south of the wall.  By the time you get the lost cure, the lost who spawn there should be grey to you.  You can turn off all your toggles and cure the lost with no risk

Dude, that IS what I'm doing.  But there's no good reason I should have to turn off my toggles to do that. It's just an annoyance for no purpose.

Edited by Wavicle

1 minute ago, Wavicle said:

Dude, that IS what I'm doing.  But there's no good reason I should have to turn off my toggles to do that. It's just an annoyance for no purpose.

I’m sorry, I just can’t come up with another way to make it even easier than spending five minutes fighting greys.  Maybe you should go back to playing tic-tac-toe or find an easier game?

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Then just turn them back on dude is it really that hard? Do you have to fill in a form to turn each toggle on and off?

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

2 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I’m sorry, I just can’t come up with another way to make it even easier than spending five minutes fighting greys.  Maybe you should go back to playing tic-tac-toe or find an easier game?

Maybe you just suck at reading comprehension.  I'm not asking for it to be made easier. I'm asking for it to be less NEEDLESSLY ANNOYING.

Also, just because you don't like my suggestion doesn't mean you have to be a dick.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Maybe you just suck at reading comprehension.  I'm not asking for it to be made easier. I'm asking for it to be less NEEDLESSLY ANNOYING.

Also, just because you don't like my suggestion doesn't mean you have to be a dick.

Maybe I suck at reading and maybe I’m a dick.  I don’t think either is true.

but if you want the devs to spend even thirty seconds to make changes that even a toddler can overcome in five minutes?

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
Retracted unneeded inflammatory comments.
  • Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

13 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

It boggles my mind that you people are arguing for an annoyance with no purpose whatsoever.

If your argument was "we don't want to spend dev time on this" I could understand, but that isn't your argument.

That's my argument, now. Thanks!

• Like 2
I'm out.

11 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Maybe I suck at reading and maybe I’m a dick.  I don’t think either is true.

but if you want the devs to spend even thirty seconds to make changes that even a toddler can overcome in five minutes?  You are a pathetic whiny little something or other.  Learn to play the game or get out.

Please @Yomo Kimyata, you can be better than this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Who run Bartertown?

I get the OP's point. The end cost is high. Apparently, they reduced the recharge time on this temp, without adjusting the end cost. So now, when we use it when recharged, we lose more end than we did previously. 

My suggestion is to replace the 3 SOs with some IOs and take advantage of the invention system and get some recovery buffs. Should you have to do this? Probably not, but you should do this. If this small effort runs you out of endurance - the problem is that your toggles don't have enough end reduction slotted to use the power as often as you're using it. No big surprise there. Either slow down the use of it - or fill your insp tray with 10 blues and have at it. Should you have to do this? Probably not. But if this is the biggest problem we face today, call it a win. 

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Also, these are cheap and can be bought from the Market by typing /ah pretty much anywhere:

image.png.1a7eb98903c03ee3a74872c728090c75.pngimage.png.fda4b5fc0a025240a58406116479baa3.pngimage.png.c1412c7f74cbfc271d6db305ac2ce1b3.pngimage.png.cd84efe5d6aa2b4ff6bd05f260b3cc96.png

Are you forcing him to use the AH?  😦

I'm shocked and appalled.

Also, buy your organic, free-range, non GMO Hecatombs!  Get em while they're hot!! 😄