Wings

Blyzzard

2 hours ago, Blyzzard said:

Too few wings, I think it's missing.
I can give you a few names to give you an idea: 
The vulture, the wasp, the fly and even the banshee the x-man.
These are just examples but we lack diversity I think.

Give me chicken wings 🐔🍗

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:28 AM, Blyzzard said:

Too few wings, I think it's missing.
I can give you a few names to give you an idea: 
The vulture, the wasp, the fly and even the banshee the x-man.
These are just examples but we lack diversity I think.

I think Valkyrie armored works just right for vulture

Insect works great for wasp

Glittering fairly can pass for a butterfly which is a type of fly

iirc banshee doesn't have wings just these weird elliptical arm capes, similar to storm

that being said i would love to see beetle wings that fold up into a backpack or something maybe. I've seen dual wings in other mmos that are pretty cool sometimes.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

3 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

I think Valkyrie armored works just right for vulture

Insect works great for wasp

Glittering fairly can pass for a butterfly which is a type of fly

iirc banshee doesn't have wings just these weird elliptical arm capes, similar to storm

that being said i would love to see beetle wings that fold up into a backpack or something maybe. I've seen dual wings in other mmos that are pretty cool sometimes.

Ha? Okay...
If for you a fly and a butterfly are the same I bow...

Banshee doesn't think they're real wings, but they could look good as part of a costume.

For the vulture I imagined wings under his arms like the old marvel character.

The idea of my original post was to ask for wings different from what we already have, and not to wonder if butterfly wings could pass for fly wings.
The basic idea is to ask for visual diversity, that's all. 😉

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

We do have non-butterfly insect wings already - though oddly, it's a triple pair of wings, which no insect has (double pairs for everything but flies which have a single pair... and a butterfly isn't a fly, for the record). Still, it gets the job done.

What I'd really like is some rotten, exposed-bone zombie bird wings. We have bat/dragon options with bone, but nothing with bone and feathers! And on the topic of insects, beetle wings would be cool too, with the shield that opens up and the wings that come out from under that.

Edited by Flashtoo

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

56 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

When you fight swan, does she keep her wings?

Do those "wings" flow like capes, or are they just a solid-color mesh that basically just stretches and distorts as she moves her arms?  That's certainly 1 way to go about implementing things, but it wouldn't move and flow like a cape...

I'm having a little trouble understanding the players.
I ask for more different wings, and you answer :  No, we have butterfly wings. They're like flies, so we don't need them.

Rather than saying no to everything you couldn't say: Yes but I also want Zombie wings, Beetle wings, Grasshopper wings etc...

How do you want the game to evolve if you say no to everything?
Stop saying no and say: Ok but it would be nice if we had this more and this and this.
Personally I don't care if a player says to me: It's not sure that the game engine supports etc...
That's not his problem, that's the problem of the people who took over the game and keep it alive.

I remember when we players used to ask the developers to be able to change the color of the powers. The answer at the time was: Not possible because the game is "hard-coded", you'd need a new graphics engine blah blah blah blah blah blah.
6 months or a year later they had made the modification, in reality anything is possible but you have to ask for it and the new "developers" have to agree to do it.
But stop saying no to everything or we'll never get anything.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• 6 months later

One type of wing/backpack I would like to see is something like a "helicopter backpack", basically a pair of ducted fans that fold or unfold in a housing on the back as an alternative to a "jetpack". Imagine something like a much smaller version of the Boogie Pack from Generator Rex

spacer.png

or something based on the rotors from the Solotrek XFV

spacer.png