CoV Accolades: High Pain Threshold, Invader

Silverado

Gangbuster have changed since the early days of CoH. You don't have to kill Boss's anymore but lt and minions.

Meaning you can turn in circle in PO and kill a bunch in no time.

Spider Smasher is 200 Arachnos Wolf Spider Soldiers. There is a bunch at the power station in cap.

That said, by doing those accolades over and over you pickup some patterns...

For instance while killing ghost in PO, you end up killing a few Wolf Spider Soldiers (For Pirate badge / Born in Battle Badge accolade).

While doing the "there is a sucker born everyday" arc needed for Marshal accolade, you kill a bunch of Wolf Spider Soldiers too.

So now a day I do those accolade in some specific order to avoid overhead.

• Thanks 1

I just did these in Port Oakes: Marconeville for Gangbuster and Fort Hades for Wolf Spiders.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

A couple of alternatives if you don't want to fight grey mobs:

Spider Smasher - redside Midas Touched mini-arc (Dr. Shelly Percey or in Ouro at level 14, mission 6.18) at team size of 2

Gangbuster - blueside Ring of Peebles arc (Stephanie Peebles or in Ouro at level 25, mission 3.01), run the first and fourth missions at team size of 8

For Invader, the third mission of Who Will Die, Episode 4: Masterpiece from Dakota Berg (blueside in Brickstown), when run at team size of 2, will grant the Hero Slayer badge and open Lord Schweinzer as a contact to run unlimited mayhem missions. The mayhem mission exploration badges can then be earned fairly easily.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this assumes that one doesn't mind stepping over the alignment line to run a few missions.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Thanks 1

There's sort of a decision tree for me here.  PLd characters and grinded (ground?) ones.

PLd -  do Flashbacks you plan to do anyway, like Peebles since everybody wants the +res shield, maybe Sucker Born Every Minute (for Paragon of Vice) for a handful of Wolf Spiders.  Then do the PO thing mentioned above.  Daytime kill Marcones, night time go to the fort, get pirates and wolf spiders.  If I finish Gangbuster first, then I just focus on the docks in PO during the day.

If not PLd, I try to get as many of both while leveling before I get to 30.  Lowbie vill arcs heavy on Arachnos will make a dent.  I don't have a specific one to point out.  Go blue at 20 for the Peebles arc, a good source of Marcs.  If your lowbie isn't quite ready for the prime time of x/8, then just whatever works.  Once at 30 I do the Accomplishments and mop up whatever's remaining in PO.

As mentioned above, Who Will Die pt 4 for Hero Slayer (and Invader) but I'll point out the same applies for the vill contact in St. Martial, Tyrka.  It's almost identical to the hero one.  Set to x (your choice for mob level) / team size 2.  If you've got 2 (or 3) accounts, you can have one character that has Schweinzer open that can just choose the mayhems for your other toon to run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1