How to Get my Money Back

Septipheran

Hi guys, I just got my first warning for having the wrong opinions. Given the nature of how things work around here, good ol' boy forum politics and all, I thought I'd give you all the opportunity to state your official policies on returning donations to players you alienate from your club.

I'm willing to forego getting back the hundreds of dollars I've donated to you if I can instead get the data exports of all the characters on my account to move elsewhere. Just let me know which one works better for you. Thanks!

• Haha 5

Deep breath

Now let it go.

Its a warning, not a banning.  Sometimes a misunderstanding, oeople can get offended easily, maybe you said it in a certain way you didn't thing was wrong.

As long as there is no banning or account lock, its all good.  Belive me, been banned abouy 10 times from MMO forums over the years, but I can understand it was my fault cause I got snarky and insulting. 

1 time got my World of Tanks account reset, players don't know that leaving a game leaves the tank on the field but hey its AFK according to idiots that doesn't know about basicgame functions.  Also got forum ban for WoT, forum mods get offended when you call them "Batman".  Spent to much $$ on WG shit products, community is a cancerous toxic wreck over pixel scores if you don't listen to Desktop General Rommels and Desktop Admiral Yamatos.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

7 hours ago, Septipheran said:

I'm willing to forego getting back the hundreds of dollars I've donated to you if I can instead get the data exports of all the characters on my account to move elsewhere. Just let me know which one works better for you. Thanks!

Could someone give me an example of a false dichotomy, please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

So, because you were told "no, don't do that", your version of a hissy fit is to demand your charitable donations be returned from a non-profit organization? That's a real mature and classy gesture for sure...

You can't always get what you want, or have your way with everything. Welcome to the real adult world filled with small disappointments.

• Like 1

So, I should probably reconsider, but I'm going to make an attempt here.  I know the odds of it backfiring are probably pretty high, so I apologize in advance if this comes across in a way that is not constructive.

It comes down to tone, not opinion.

I am deeply critical of the Homecoming Team and decisions that they have made.  I feel that some of their decisions are flat-out wrong, that their expressed rationales for those decisions are flawed, and that they fail to meet their express mission statement by making those decisions.

But I strive to never attack them or the players who support those changes.

And, for what it's worth, I have never received any forum warnings.

Now, I'll venture to say that there could be more at work in the scenario that I'm not aware of.  I have a limited perception.  But from where I'm sitting, the situation seems to revolve entirely around tone, and not content, when sharing an opinion results in administrative warnings being handed out.

This may be something worth reflecting on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have never seen anyone reprimanded by an actual GM/dev (actual authority here on these forums) for holding an opinion.  I have seen people reprimanded for the way in which they preach their opinion and in doing so manage to treat other people badly.  

I doubt very much you were warned about the actual opinion.  It was most likely, as @ArchVileTerror says, the way in which you said it.  

The world is full of people who disagree with me but I usually just ignore them and go about my day.   Best of luck to ya!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Septipheran said:

Hi guys, I just got my first warning for having the wrong opinions. Given the nature of how things work around here, good ol' boy forum politics and all, I thought I'd give you all the opportunity to state your official policies on returning donations to players you alienate from your club.

Considering all of the stupid stuff I've said and haven't received a warning, I wonder what you said in order to get it lol. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

Considering all of the stupid stuff I've said and haven't received a warning, I wonder what you said in order to get it lol. 

Yes it's very intriguing, isn't it? I'm going to imagine that it was a reaction to do with the recent "not quite as much inf when you turn xp off" change.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

17 hours ago, Septipheran said:

I thought I'd give you all the opportunity to state your official policies on returning donations to players you alienate from your club.

The policy is simple.  Please return all of your game play time and all of the money you donated will be returned to you. 

I have spoken.